Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlin Nation

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Marlin Nation

  1. I'm looking foward to us dragging down the Phillies with us into Bolivian.
  2. I will kill a hostage every hour if Conine goes to the Mets.
  3. Gagne has been healthy for 10 minutes now, though considering the depth of the Sox pen before the deal, its not a serious risk.
  4. God it pains me to see Lil' Luwy in a Mets uniform, though I'm happy we had him in his best years and the Mets get him on the downside of his career. I don't see this as a big move as offensive production isn't really an issue with the Mets, I think its just a completion of Minaya's fantasy to get Castillo, he's wanted him for awhile.
  5. Christian incantations are not enough! We need Santeria, that's like Catholicism Extra.
  6. The Marlins won 2 WS under this system, for that alone I voted that it should stay the same. After 2006 I am warming up to a floor. I don't think a cap has any affect really, the amount you spend on your team does not correlate to winning.
  7. The Dolphins are one retarded organization, essentially they held on to Duante letting him create a huge PR stink only to recieve nothing for him.
  8. LOL out loud at "Hermierda".
  9. Olsen still has good stuff but is just immature and needs to grow up, no need to trade him or cut him or whatever. Some of you enjoy piling on him way too much.
  10. He looked overmatched against MLB pitchers but very smooth in the field, well sort of. Either way I hope he can contribute next year even as a 4th outfielder.
  11. On Fredi not moving his family, I don't see that as a test of his loyalty or commitment. It may say something about the uncertainty surrounding the franchise's location in the future. I would think as a parent his primary consideration is keeping his school age children in a stable environment. You don't want to move kids that age around from the place they're comfortable in, and move them to a new location that may not be permanent, and then face moving them again in the next few years. It's speculation though. Even if the Marlins future location was secured here 100%, he and his wife probably feel it's best to keep their children within the location thay they are presently in. His grandparents, cousins and Aunts and Unlces for the children all live in the Miami area. Yeah....better to keep them 800 miles from the family....and 800 miles from their father 8 months of the year. We all know that's best for the children. :whistle The fact that you would even give this serious thought denotes that you are a tremendous troll and that I hate you.
  12. It's because the Marlins don't have a big fan base. End of story. They didn't get enough votes, because of the lack of fans at the games. I agree Hanley and Uggla should have gone, but I honestly think Miggy is better as a backup and IS NOT the BEST third baseman in the NL, even though he is ONE OF the best. You smoke crack cocaine.
  13. Why is this game gonna turn around the season? Either way I hope we make a 2nd half strafing run.
  14. Philadelphia 5/24 - win Tampa Bay 6/8 - win Cleveland 6/13 - loss Minnesota 6/22 - win I'm 3-1. That's better than most years. In 2005, I went to about 20 games and I was something like 5-15. Most years I have a "personal" losing record. My 05' was bad too like 0-8. This year it's 1-4. =[
  15. Carroll looks horrendously overmatched by MLB pitching.
  16. I don't see what good sending him down is gonna do.
  17. Lately there has been more varied WS champs than there has been Superbowl or NBA champs so I think the system in baseball is fine. A team can be consistently good year after year with a payroll of around 60-70 mil, a strong farm system, and making intelligent trades ala Minnesota. Absurd salaries don't always yield championships or even a winning record.
  18. I'm praying to Quetzalcoatl for Bonds to break the record in front of 11k in DS, for his homerun trot to be backlit by a sea of bright orange seats and the applause or jeers of several hundred people.
  19. I feel the same way, I think Hermida has tremendous talent but is going through a serious funk. I project Hermida to have a productive career but in the meantime I think he is hurting the team and another short-term option has to be explored.
  20. I didn't realize anyone over the age of 12 voted in these ballots. And our fanbase deserves zero credibility or praise because it really is the most indifferent one in the majors. Without a doubt. You have forgotten about the Tampa fan base Tampa has absolute no reason to care about the D-Rays, we actually have a modicum of tradition having 2 WS wins.
  21. It goes against logic but I say keep Hanley in the lead-off spot.
  22. What is wrong with saying Hermida sucks?
  23. Just because the Marlins are on a four game slide (granted 2 to the pirates) doesn't mean the season is over. It was only 3 weeks ago when they took 3 out of 4 from the Braves followed by a win against the Brewers that everyone here was ecstatic and optimistic about the season. I don't feel good about the teams future because it seems that they really hate playing here. There is no other explaination. The players feel the lack of support, the lack of energy, and the lack of atmosphere at the games. The cheesy "cheerleaders" are a real joke to everyone that visits. In many ways you can't blame people for not going.....any change needs to come from above and we know that with cheapskate Loria that is never going to happen. Basically all you did was list the excuses why you don't go to games and transformed them into reasons the Marlins aren't playing well, lol. The Marlins aren't playing well because they don't prevent runs and are inconsistent on offense not cause of the Mermaids (who I happen to like), 10 dollar parking, or gameday ticket price hikes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.