Everything posted by Marlin Nation
-
I Hate 'Tom Brady' Thread
Who would have thought drafting TO and Moss would net me a 2nd round exit.... f***! My opponent crushed me with Aaron Stecker and the seldom-used Maroney as well as a wtf TB defensive destruction of the Falcons. What is funny is that HE had Brady and he even through his betrayal he still pulled off this cheesy win.
-
Florida Marlins or Miami Marlins
I think Broward and Palm Beach have as much to do with the fanbase as Miami so I prefer the Florida Marlins over the Miami Marlins, also I don't like the M logo at all. I like the current uniforms as well, too much teal is tacky and beer-league looking but as an accent its pretty cool.
-
Things you would like to see @ the new ballpark
A stadium.
-
Marlins in the Mitchell Report
Josias Manzanillo did roids!!!
-
Don't Quit on the Marlins
As long as this ownership is in place, an ownership that has no commitment to winning or even staying in this market, I will not support this team.
-
Iran and Pakistan
Elements within Iran have aided Hezbollah with weapons and expertise and have some sway with them but for the most part Hezbollah is autonomous and thier main objective is to resist Israeli interests not American ones, it is distinctly Lebanese in nature and doesn't brook any of its power with any other nation even at times Lebanon. Al-Quds is another story. I attended a lecture by Gary Sick (he was on theNational Security Council for Ford, Carter, and Reagan and expert on Iran par excellence) and he said historically speaking when a nation declares that they want nukes they usually develop them in 5-7 years, Iran declared they wanted nukes in 1985, its been 22 years and still haven't been able to develop nukes. Iran is still very far away from being able to develop and deliver nuclear weapons and even if they had them why would they use them immediately? What will they gain strategically aside from massive nuclear relations from Israel and the U.S? I think Iran's quest for nukes is spurned on by being strategically surrounded on all sides by the U.S., Israel, and distrustful Arab nations with having no effective conventional forces to deter an attempted invasion. Aside from being large and having alot of people they have no means of deterrence. Pakistan I think is the bigger potential threat by default as they actually have nuclear weapons, have a strong radical undercurrent sweeping the countryside and seeping into the major cities, and face civil unrest as well as grumblings in the military against Musharaf.
-
Wright wins NL Gold Glove
Wright getting the GG is grotesque, a total mind bender.
-
Marlins will seek lower-cost free agents
I wish the Marlins would target a good or adequate catcher instead of these crappy ones.
-
Kim files for Free Agency
I'd love him back, it's always good to have at least one guy with a funky arm slot on the team, though I'd really like him in long relief. He says he is the most comfortable starting, though.
-
Marlins ballpark faces new funding gap
Holy crap this is looking awful.
-
The 2007 World Series: Rockies VS. Red Sox
And he gets out of a jam as soon as I say that!
-
The 2007 World Series: Rockies VS. Red Sox
Lol @ Herges in the WS.
-
A-Rod / Marlins Rumor Talk
This is extremely unlikely.
-
9/4/07 Marlins @ Nationals - Super Mega Mojo Action!
Holy farts this team sucks!
-
Mixed reviews for Marlins' Gonzalez
All I want from a manager is to deploy personnel in a way that maximizes their ability and to lick the boots of the GM, I want them to be whores for the FO.
-
LOL at some Dolfans
JT defintely takes himself too seriously.
-
Marlins TV Game Boycott
I'm devastated that there exists a fair weather baseball fan in Florida. Hanley and Cabs are still worth watching, and the occasional win still feels good. Well, see ya on the bandwagon when the Marlins are good again.
-
Selig in town
Let's hope for the best... holy crap this could be bad!
-
Next Home Run King?
I could see Cabs hitting 3k hits and 500 HR's but not really seriously pursuing the overall HR record. He isn't a pure slugger, he is more of an all-around hitter.
-
Eric Byrnes gets 3 year deal, $30mil extension
What a crappy waste of money.
-
J-Roll dissin Hanley
What Rollins' said was fine, redundant to Marlin fans, but not offensive in any way.
-
Wanted: Fredi. Charged with committing Lineup Fiasco in the 1st Degree
This is an extremely stupid topic in reaction to last night's game. There is alot to kill Fredi for in general but he had no affect on the outcome of last night's game, no lineup arrangement would have prevented the detonation of the Marlins by Philly bats. This is just a crappy excuse to pile on Fredi.
-
What is Larussa thinking?
McKeon did this a few times too, I didn't see anyone rubbing up against his leg and purring back then. LaRussa strikes me as a manager who tries to put his imprint on a game arbitrarily, all those pitching changes are stupid and irrelevant to the outcome, same with this crap.
-
Borchard DFA, De Aza up
Where is the Cult-o-Borchard who wanted him to start this year in RF (or was it CF as well!?). Come forth little masters!
-
What do you want to see the rest of the season?
I'm looking foward to us dragging down the Phillies with us into Bolivian. :lol Peruvian? lol Hehe, nah, its a Mike Tyson reference after his loss to Lennox Lewis he said was gonna fade away into "Bolivian" instead of oblivion. The Marlins are coming for you Phillies! Our style is impetuous! Our defense is impregnable! (Well sort of) And we're just ferocious! We want your heart, we want to eat your children! PRAISE BE TO ALLAH!