Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Johnson... stay or go down?

Featured Replies

What do you think should/will happen to JJ when his next start comes around? I would love to send him down just so he could get his act together but we dont have anyone else. Ob is pitching like crap and so is Kim.

send the whole team down....this is pathetic.....

 

Obermueller needs to go completely.....so does Kim.....the whole team for the most part is having a sophomore slump.

Umm...why?

 

He's proven from rehab he can handle the minors just fine, and we saw last year he can handle the majors.

JJ has continually improved in each start.

 

 

Sheezus. He's starting to look better.

 

I give him 4 more starts before there should be any talk of finding himself in the minors.

JJ has continually improved in each start.

 

 

Sheezus. He's starting to look better.

 

I give him 4 more starts before there should be any talk of finding himself in the minors.

 

Eeeeh, he didn't look good tonight, not by a long shot. If you look at the box score, I guess it's serviceable, but he was pretty much 1-1 balls to strikes and if he came near the strike-zone, generally, it was getting pounded.

 

Plus, I found it alarming that his velocity was incredibly spotty tonight.

Oh Johnson pitched horrific tonight. He had no control and was lucky to only allow two runs.

 

 

On a whole, this was probaly one of the worst games Ive ever witnessed in Person.

JJ looked awful. He is obviously not MLB ready and was probably rushed back. It does no good for him to keep him up in the majors. Send him down for a couple of starts in AA or AAA and hopefully he'll be ready after the All-Star break.

Unless theres something we dont know about his health, he wasn't rushed back. Hes basically pitching his spring training games in the regular season. Give him a few more starts before he gets sent down or sent to the bullpen. As for obermueller, he was a serviceable starter earlier this year, and honestly, most teams don't have anyone much better as their long reliever.

I don't see what good sending him down is gonna do.

 

The only good it does is not having a pitcher go out there every 5 days and get shelled, but allow him to continue pitching a lot of innings, as ooposed to putting him in the pen. Of course, due t othe fact our pitchign options are low that may not be a good idea, but if we had a repalcement it would be best, not right now but if he gets shelled again his next two or three starts.

I'd like to know why in God's name Obermueller was sent out to start a second inning of work.

 

Because yo ucant kill ur whole bullpen in a game that was seemingly already lost.

I don't see what good sending him down is gonna do.

 

The only good it does is not having a pitcher go out there every 5 days and get shelled, but allow him to continue pitching a lot of innings, as ooposed to putting him in the pen. Of course, due t othe fact our pitchign options are low that may not be a good idea, but if we had a repalcement it would be best, not right now but if he gets shelled again his next two or three starts.

If this happens again, I say we take our chances with Hernandez.

I'd like to know why in God's name Obermueller was sent out to start a second inning of work.

 

Because yo ucant kill ur whole bullpen in a game that was seemingly already lost.

Pinto could have easily pitched another inning tonight, without "killing the bullpen".

I don't see what good sending him down is gonna do.

 

The only good it does is not having a pitcher go out there every 5 days and get shelled, but allow him to continue pitching a lot of innings, as ooposed to putting him in the pen. Of course, due t othe fact our pitchign options are low that may not be a good idea, but if we had a repalcement it would be best, not right now but if he gets shelled again his next two or three starts.

If this happens again, I say we take our chances with Hernandez.

 

I wouldnt be averse to that either.

I was at the game tonight. Why was JJ taken out after 4? He seemed fine to me, what was his pitch count, I didn't see...

 

90 something

I was at the game tonight. Why was JJ taken out after 4? He seemed fine to me, what was his pitch count, I didn't see...

 

90 something

94

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.