Josh Johnson... stay or go down?

Hollyberry

Guest FishFanInPA

send the whole team down....this is pathetic.....

Obermueller needs to go completely.....so does Kim.....the whole team for the most part is having a sophomore slump.

JJ has continually improved in each start.

Sheezus. He's starting to look better.

I give him 4 more starts before there should be any talk of finding himself in the minors.

Eeeeh, he didn't look good tonight, not by a long shot. If you look at the box score, I guess it's serviceable, but he was pretty much 1-1 balls to strikes and if he came near the strike-zone, generally, it was getting pounded.

Plus, I found it alarming that his velocity was incredibly spotty tonight.

Unless theres something we dont know about his health, he wasn't rushed back. Hes basically pitching his spring training games in the regular season. Give him a few more starts before he gets sent down or sent to the bullpen. As for obermueller, he was a serviceable starter earlier this year, and honestly, most teams don't have anyone much better as their long reliever.

I don't see what good sending him down is gonna do.

The only good it does is not having a pitcher go out there every 5 days and get shelled, but allow him to continue pitching a lot of innings, as ooposed to putting him in the pen. Of course, due t othe fact our pitchign options are low that may not be a good idea, but if we had a repalcement it would be best, not right now but if he gets shelled again his next two or three starts.

The only good it does is not having a pitcher go out there every 5 days and get shelled, but allow him to continue pitching a lot of innings, as ooposed to putting him in the pen. Of course, due t othe fact our pitchign options are low that may not be a good idea, but if we had a repalcement it would be best, not right now but if he gets shelled again his next two or three starts.

If this happens again, I say we take our chances with Hernandez.

If this happens again, I say we take our chances with Hernandez.

I wouldnt be averse to that either.