Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Strike 3

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Strike 3

  1. I guess maybe Hendrickson and Tucker head to the bullpen as well. Don't think so. One of them has to go in order to make room for Johnson on the 25 man roster. I think Tucker will go back down to the minors. He might stick around a few more days as an extra arm until Johnson is activated. He's never pitched out of the pen as far as I can see. There is no indication from this front office that they want Tucker as a future closer. Hendrickson will most likely go to the pen and take Tanks place as the second lefty. I guess we'll now more in the next couple of days. I'm thinking more along these lines. Tucker needs to go back to AA and learn another pitch or two. And I was thinking the exact same thing. Thursday when JJ gets activated we see Tuck sent down. I agree that Tucker will likely get sent down. I have no idea what the FO has in mind or how they visualize his development but I've read opinions of scouts and other professionals who project Tucker's future to be in the bullpen and possibly as a closer.
  2. I hate the suggestions that anyone who has a different point of view is automatically not a real fan or should go root for another team. Those who stop supporting the team during tough times are the only ones who aren't real fans. It would be quite boring if everyone had the same opinions. Criticism does not = abandoning your team.
  3. Wasn't Ryan the only guy who didn't get into the game that year? Yep, I believe he was which really sucked. I thought so. On top of losing the All-Star game to Atlanta I recall a lot bitterness among Fish fans.
  4. Very cool, I wish I could go to this. I was at the 2000 HR Derby and ASG in Atlanta but couldn't get tickets for this one and it would've been so much more convenient. Go Dan! I was there too! It was my only HR Derby and ASG. I still have a shirt from back then. Of course, that was the year most of the stars were on the DL and couldn't participate. :lol I was there too.. Ryan Dempster the lone marlins Rep I think that guy is doing pretty well with some club in Chicago if I am not mistaken he is also in the ASG this year. :lol Wasn't Ryan the only guy who didn't get into the game that year?
  5. wayyyyyyy to many balls up in the zone today hope that isn't a screening of things to come Could be jitters, could be that it wasn't his regular day to pitch. Who knows...but I do agree with you.
  6. I cringed when I picked up the paper this morning and saw that headline on the front page "Stadium's fate hangs in balance" and then the picture of Norman Braman. I just can't stand the way this man paints himself to be this self-less, kind-hearted citizen's advocate. Please!
  7. Makes more sense than throwing him out there to start for the first time on 3 days rest.
  8. If Volstad pitches tomorrow he does it on three days rest. Seems odd to bring him up and start him on short rest. Anyone know how many pitches he threw in his last start?
  9. Congrats to Hanley. Hopefully Uggla joins you on the NLAST. The link isn't working now
  10. Don't worry, if we win tonight all the talk about fired that person,trade him, send him down, release him, will be forgotten, until the next loss, check the board tomorrow. we have very short memory. I don't think all the talk is forgotten. I think fans just naturally feel happy after a win. No one enjoys putting a damper on the happy feeling. Why ruin the happy moments? Doesn't mean anything is forgotten.
  11. Catcher probably will have to come from outside the org (despite all the guys around here that want to have Bakers baby), but that's about it. The rest of the pieces are there and being moved in with guys that have played together for 3 full seasons will be a bonus many can't, or won't, comprehend. I don't know about anyone wanting to have Baker's baby. I don't know why you think it's unreasonable that someone might think he may deserve a chance. Now there are reports that the Marlins are interested in David Ross which looks like a lateral move to me. Baker was performing well enough to earn a shot which is a far cry from wanting to have his baby. We all know why Baker won't be coming up, and why Ross is brought in here, its because of $$$. baker coming up means a year less for his abitration eligibility. Do that and he's less attractive as trade bait. Still no sign of a wannabe baby momma.
  12. Catcher probably will have to come from outside the org (despite all the guys around here that want to have Bakers baby), but that's about it. The rest of the pieces are there and being moved in with guys that have played together for 3 full seasons will be a bonus many can't, or won't, comprehend. I don't know about anyone wanting to have Baker's baby. I don't know why you think it's unreasonable that someone might think he may deserve a chance. Now there are reports that the Marlins are interested in David Ross which looks like a lateral move to me. Baker was performing well enough to earn a shot which is a far cry from wanting to have his baby.
  13. I cant stand when people say "its hard to win with a $22 Million payroll"...Say what u want about payroll but the money isnt on the field throwing pitches or swinging the bats...actually, if u wanna talk about payroll winning games...then wouldnt Kevin Gregg, the HIGHEST paid Marlin coming into this season, be our absolute BEST player? Argue payroll all you want in March and November...but from April-October, don't complain about payroll...games are won and loss on the field, not in the bank... Making an attempt to fill obvious holes does have to do with payroll.
  14. I've always believed that Fredi keeps everything in-house and that we have no way of knowing what goes on privately. I doubt that he pats them on the back after bone-headed plays. Why is it insane to think Fredi pats players on the back after bone-headed plays? "Oh, he doesn't show any passion with the media, or during ballgames, but let's just automatically declare that he shows fire in the clubhouse behind closed doors." Obviously nobody knows what kind of clubhouse Fredi keeps-- but I don't see how it is wrong to think that if he shows no passion with the media or during ballgames, then he doesn't show any in the clubhouse. He made it clear from the time he was hired that he would never publicly berate his players or discuss player issues in the media. He said those discussions would be private. Since we don't know what goes on I take him at his word. Still, I am not a Fredi apologist by any means. I have found the bullpen management atrocious.
  15. News flash for ya. This year has always been about building towards being able to make a run at it in the future, Your Highness. Then don't charge full value prices for the games. Why even try to pass this off as a REAL team ? Bob this makes absolutely NO SENSE. You always wax gleefully about this "FUTURE" we have to look forward to. Well there is no future like the present, and the players we have now, have a chance to win, if the FO & ownership took the reigns and at least tried. You always make the argument they have tried to win in the past. So then why would we blow a perfectly good chance to win this year ? We had a chance, we led the division for weeks, but now that the team is stuggling its all about the "FUTURE". This is the bullcrap excuse. Covering up for a flawed and cheap ownership that is just salivating to build their stadium, so they can either sell the team or have more revenue while never building a winning team (aka Pittsburgh Pirates). I knew Bob you and I would get over our little huggytime and you'd once again say something that would make me :banghead :thumbup
  16. I've always believed that Fredi keeps everything in-house and that we have no way of knowing what goes on privately. I doubt that he pats them on the back after bone-headed plays. Having said that, there is NO excuse or logical explanation for taking Waechter out after throwing 2 pitches to put in Gregg in the 9th. Let's say through an act of God he had managed to get out of the ninth, we had no pitchers left. We would have had to count on a 2nd act of God to get out of the 10th and so on. The way the Rockies were scoring runs all night there was no reason to believe (especially given the previous night's fiasco) that Gregg was going to come in and be lights out with no safety net in the bullpen. It was a mind-boggling decision and I don't see how anyone could defend it.
  17. I would have to believe that's been considered. Not everyone is a good candidate for Lasik. It depends on what the problem is with his vision.
  18. Bump Even if you've already voted, vote again and again! You have until 11:59. :thumbup
  19. No mention of Hendrickson here but this could be pure speculation. TUCKER IN ROTATION . . . FOR NOW There are no plans to supplant rookie Ryan Tucker in the starting rotation, even though he has been struggling. Tucker gave up five runs in five innings Monday against the Nationals and has a 6.84 ERA. He is scheduled to start Saturday in Colorado. In all likelihood, Tucker will be replaced in the rotation when Josh Johnson is activated from the disabled list, perhaps by the middle of next week. Johnson is expected to make at least one more rehabilitation start in the minors. Long reliever Doug Waechter is a candidate the Marlins could turn to if they want to make an immediate change. Waechter made 54 starts when he was with Tampa Bay from 2003-06. But the Marlins are pleased with the job Waechter has done in his role out of the bullpen. Miami Herald
  20. Hammer is back and he brought sexy back with him. :thumbup :thumbup and Hanley is manly!
  21. I voted for Hanley and Dan again today and will continue to do so until the last minute!
  22. They haven't worried about the timing of giveaways in the past why would they start now? Wasn't there a Brad Penny giveaway the day that trade was announced?
  23. I am seriously fed up of some fans trashing other teams broadcasters.It has gotten very old. Yep. And quite seriously I didn't find them all that bad, what little I was able to listen to them on Thursday. Then the lame color analyst said that Rich was probably spending his day off "baking cookies with the other Keebler elves." If they said this it's just a tad unprofessional, don't you think? Not a big deal when fans make cracks like that but from the team's announcers it's pretty classless. They deserve to be bashed.
  24. Reportedly, the judge's mother has a cousin that is married to Braman's lawyer's brother in law, or something like that. That's not much of a connection. :blink:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.