Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Strike 3

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Strike 3

  1. Saturday's official attendance was 26,520. The crowd was enthusiastic and no Phillies fans in my section.
  2. Yeah, every time there is a decent crowd, the Marlins play like garbage. Not exactly the best way to get people to come back. It does seem to play out that way.
  3. Haha, boy am I glad Hampton went to te Rockies all those years ago. Thanks for David Wright, hope the schools were worth ir! Yeah, I remember it was all about the school system and nothing to do with money. Until he wanted out of Colorado and then the school system wasn't so hot anymore.
  4. Watching that just never gets old! :notworthy
  5. I hate Norman Braman and I don't use the word lightly. Is it possible he has surpassed Wayne Huizenga as Marlins fans' most despised individual? Not that he needs my money but as soon as my lease is up I am leaving them my car and telling them exactly why they will never get my business again.
  6. I'll be there Saturday as always.
  7. Now? I would've been done with him awhile ago. Hampton and Pavano belong on the same team. Pavano was a huge part of our WS team. He may have been injury-prone but he went home with a ring.
  8. Strike 3 replied to Mungo's topic in Miami Marlins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Uggla "...In his three at bats, he struck out twice and hit into a double play. He vomitted in the dugout during the 15th inning after striking out again." Truth? The vomiting part is not there. It was there, but probably made up. I didn't see any trace of that. Yeah, I meant to say it had been removed. If it happened it definitely wasn't shown on TV.
  9. Strike 3 replied to Mungo's topic in Miami Marlins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Uggla "...In his three at bats, he struck out twice and hit into a double play. He vomitted in the dugout during the 15th inning after striking out again." Truth? The vomiting part is not there.
  10. Totally beastly performance by Hamilton. And yeah, Hanley's little boy is the cutest thing ever!
  11. His arms are gross.
  12. f***ing sh*t. Uggla really got screwed hitting first. Yeah, I was bummed when I saw he was hitting first.
  13. Let MH start some games and send Miller down. Call him up (September maybe) if he shows improvement in the minors. Wow. This is plain silly. Almost everyone to a man on the board wanted Mark out of the rotation. You get your wish, and now that Andrew has had a few rough 1st innnings you're calling for Mark back? Good Grief. No one wants MH in the rotation. Miller is the one with the great potential and if people are concerned with his development it's because they like him not because they don't. The disagreement is with what is the best way to get him where he needs to be. No one is concerned about developing Mark Hendrickson therefore there is no concern for him if he goes out and gets pounded (only for the team).
  14. I like Miller quite a lot and I think he can be a huge asset to this team. However, I believe he would benefit from some time in AA. I don't see how this is helping his development and in his last couple of starts he looks like he has zero confidence. Some of you make it sound like having this point of view somehow signifies being ready to give up on the guy and, at least for me, that is not the case at all.
  15. i started a thread about De Aza earlier today he has a sprained ankle and is on the 60 day DL what i also heard is that he has muscular distrophy Oh God, I hope that's not the case.
  16. This is from marlins2011's first post: Hi everyone. I met my gf on the internet about 6 months ago, she lives about 50 miles from me. She fell in love with me the first time she met me, and I did too. After about 2 months of being together, she removed her profile from the site, and so did I. (by the way, she is asian) My father is looking for the asian wommen too, so He went to go on this other asian site, different then the one I met my gf, and said to me, hey, ******* is on here, when I saw her on there I really felt bad. In simple terms, she is on another dating site(and she does not think I know), she was last active on may the first. She always tells me she loves me, and cant wait to see me, and Im the man of her dreams. My father tells me to play it easy and dont let the cat out of the bag. What is your advise everyone, how should I take this. Thanks I thought I remembered you posting something about trouble with a girlfriend a few months ago so I looked it up. You met the chick online, she was still active on a dating site while she was going out with you, and she needs a visa and wants to marry you to get it. I think it's pretty safe to say you should dump her ASAP. Yeah, i agree with Louie here, all signs point to disaster. Dump her immediately. There are very valid reasons why you're suspicious and it seems you already know the answer. Don't ignore the obvious. Do you really need a bolt of lightning to hit you on the head?
  17. I like Andrew Miller but one thing I've noticed is that when he struggles his body language is really awful. He gets this very dejected, almost defeated look on his face. Last night when he was standing in the on deck circle after that awful first inning his shoulders were slumped and he had an expression on his face like he didn't want to be there. I know he sucked it up after that and battled through it but a pitcher should never look so insecure no matter what he's feeling at the moment. He should look like he believes he's gonna get that next out. Maybe he should have a chat with Harvey Dorfman or something.
  18. Well, he may not be back in the lineup tomorrow. They may want to be cautious but this is great news. I know I sure have missed him!
  19. I remember hearing something about his son getting sick but I didn't know it was that bad. RIP Yes, I remember that too but then didn't hear anything else and had no idea he had passed away. When I read this in the paper this morning it just put a knot in my stomach. My heart goes out to both him and his wife.
  20. Strike 3 posted a topic in Miami Marlins
    If Matt's injury keep him out for a long time, what happens next? Do they go back to Rabelo (ugh)? Call up Baker? Or does this make a trade happen faster?
  21. Ricky has been an absolute godsend for this team. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
  22. How in the world could he not see this coming? :blink: He wouldn't have lasted this long on another team's rotation. He should be grateful he got the opportunity to start.
  23. is anyone in favor of instant replay? I am. I'm in favor of umpires being held accountable.
  24. OMG, I can't f'ing believe these officials!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.