Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Everything is starting to work out

Featured Replies

1. JJ's coming back

 

2. Volstad is in the rotation. YOUTH...whether he struggles or not, he's the future.

 

3. John Baker got a call from the minors after Treanor's injury. He's been hitting the ball, solidly...he deserves his chance, and we'll finally get to see him soon. Whether he sucks or not...point is, he's deserving of the callup.

 

4. Ryan Tucker to the pen. I've said it since the 1st time I saw him...he's our future closer. He throws 2 pitches, and he can dominate with both. Mark my words. Just throw strikes, kid...throw strikes. 94-97 mph fastball (with movement), and a beautiful changeup...stuff like that, usually dominates out of the pen. He'll be our 7th or 8th inning guy in no time, if the team sticks with him out there. There's no doubt in my mind.

 

5. Hendrickson is frustrated. All we need now is for Hendrickson to go Chacon on Samson. Samson would get his ass beat, and Hendrickson would be out of this team...making room for another young player, who has more of a future with this organization (than Hendrickson).

I cant argue with this thread so far at all..

 

 

And yes, you did say he was our future closer.. I remember reading that...

I cant argue with this thread so far at all..

 

 

And yes, you did say he was our future closer.. I remember reading that...

 

I thought some n00b :anon started this post after seeing the ALL CAPS TOPIC TITLE. :lol

 

Everything is starting to work out? hmm I dont quite know what you mean by that Erick if you mean we finally have our starting 5 settled yes its nice.

 

I am still waiting for everything to work out though :|

  • Author

I cant argue with this thread so far at all..

 

 

And yes, you did say he was our future closer.. I remember reading that...

 

I thought some n00b :anon started this post after seeing the ALL CAPS TOPIC TITLE. :lol

 

Everything is starting to work out? hmm I dont quite know what you mean by that Erick if you mean we finally have our starting 5 settled yes its nice.

 

I am still waiting for everything to work out though :|

 

 

-what I mean is, our starting 5 IS better...

-Hendrickson (who has no future) with this team, seems frustrated. I want him gone...

-Young players are getting more of a chance now that the arbitration deal is solved (we're past June)...

-I like the fact that Baker gets a callup instead of Rabelo. Baker has had a solid minor league season, and he deserves a chance to prove himself, at this level.

1. JJ's coming back

 

2. Volstad is in the rotation. YOUTH...whether he struggles or not, he's the future.

 

3. John Baker got a call from the minors after Treanor's injury. He's been hitting the ball, solidly...he deserves his chance, and we'll finally get to see him soon. Whether he sucks or not...point is, he's deserving of the callup.

 

4. Ryan Tucker to the pen. I've said it since the 1st time I saw him...he's our future closer. He throws 2 pitches, and he can dominate with both. Mark my words. Just throw strikes, kid...throw strikes. 94-97 mph fastball (with movement), and a beautiful changeup...stuff like that, usually dominates out of the pen. He'll be our 7th or 8th inning guy in no time, if the team sticks with him out there. There's no doubt in my mind.

 

5. Hendrickson is frustrated. All we need now is for Hendrickson to go Chacon on Samson. Samson would get his ass beat, and Hendrickson would be out of this team...making room for another young player, who has more of a future with this organization (than Hendrickson).

 

I'm quite sure that Tucker will go down to AA when JJ gets activated. If closing is in his future, which I don't think it is right now, then he will learn it in the minors first.

I can't wait for McPherson, because either he will rock or I will never have to listen to the man-crush calls for him again.

 

 

I hope Volstad has it together, because if so our staff should form up nicely.

 

Nolasco

Miller

JJ

Olsen

Volstad

 

With:

 

Tucker to close

Gregg and Nelson to set up from the right

Pinto and Hendrix to set up from the left

Lindstrom to throw RH fire after LH junk

and Waechter to bridge the gap

 

And we have injury insurance in the form of Kensing and Tankersly.... I have to think we can work our way up the pitching ranks pretty quickly.

  • Author

I can't wait for McPherson, because either he will rock or I will never have to listen to the man-crush calls for him again.

 

 

I hope Volstad has it together, because if so our staff should form up nicely.

 

Nolasco

Miller

JJ

Olsen

Volstad

 

With:

 

Tucker to close

Gregg and Strong to set up from the right

Pinto and Hendrix to set up from the left

Lindstrom to throw RH fire after LH junk

and Waechter to bridge the gap

 

And we have injury insurance in the form of Kensing and Tankersly.... I have to think we can work our way up the pitching ranks pretty quickly.

 

 

Who is Strong? I hope you're not talking about the human perspiration machine.

Nah, I have a hangover from years past. Every Marlins bullpen pitcher named Joe has the last name Strong... because that is the best pitcher name ever, and it was a great story.

And...they are more dangerous than you think. Of the top three competing teams in the NL East currently, the Marlins have the worst bullpen. I don't think a team has ever won a division with this horrible of fielding statistics and a bad bullpen.

And...they are more dangerous than you think. Of the top three competing teams in the NL East currently, the Marlins have the worst bullpen. I don't think a team has ever won a division with this horrible of fielding statistics and a bad bullpen.

 

 

Our pitching as a whole will get better with the additions of Sanchez, JJ, and Mitre. so down the road we will continue to get better. But with the mets, what you see is what you get. They aren't going to get any better no matter who they get. We are the better team.

I cant argue with this thread so far at all..

 

 

And yes, you did say he was our future closer.. I remember reading that...

 

I thought some n00b :anon started this post after seeing the ALL CAPS TOPIC TITLE. :lol

 

Everything is starting to work out? hmm I dont quite know what you mean by that Erick if you mean we finally have our starting 5 settled yes its nice.

 

I am still waiting for everything to work out though :|

 

 

-what I mean is, our starting 5 IS better...

-Hendrickson (who has no future) with this team, seems frustrated. I want him gone...

-Young players are getting more of a chance now that the arbitration deal is solved (we're past June)...

-I like the fact that Baker gets a callup instead of Rabelo. Baker has had a solid minor league season, and he deserves a chance to prove himself, at this level.

 

Miller wasn't better tonight and dont make the excuse that it only the first inning.

 

Like I said earlier I just dont feel comfortable about the team this year.

 

Not yet anyways.

im telling you guys the marlins will win the division

it just scares me that the sucky Mets have been sucky all year are now ahead of the fish who have overachieved this year, so if the Mets stop sucking..........hmmmmm....even tho I don't think they will

 

I am going to remember that guarantee of yours on the last day of the season......

And...they are more dangerous than you think. Of the top three competing teams in the NL East currently, the Marlins have the worst bullpen. I don't think a team has ever won a division with this horrible of fielding statistics and a bad bullpen.

 

 

Our pitching as a whole will get better with the additions of Sanchez, JJ, and Mitre. so down the road we will continue to get better. But with the mets, what you see is what you get. They aren't going to get any better no matter who they get. We are the better team.

Sanchez, JJ, and Mitre = Seaver, Gibson and Koufax.......i didn't know that........

 

the team that wins that division this year will be the team that sucks the least.........man what a weak division.......with our bullpen and defense, the fish can't win........well maybe in THAT division??!!!!

im telling you guys the marlins will win the division

it just scares me that the sucky Mets have been sucky all year are now ahead of the fish who have overachieved this year, so if the Mets stop sucking..........hmmmmm....even tho I don't think they will

 

I am going to remember that guarantee of yours on the last day of the season......

 

 

Ok remember it, and when we do win and i rub it in your face dont complain. Oh and BTW, the marlins arent overachieving.

And...they are more dangerous than you think. Of the top three competing teams in the NL East currently, the Marlins have the worst bullpen. I don't think a team has ever won a division with this horrible of fielding statistics and a bad bullpen.

 

 

Our pitching as a whole will get better with the additions of Sanchez, JJ, and Mitre. so down the road we will continue to get better. But with the mets, what you see is what you get. They aren't going to get any better no matter who they get. We are the better team.

Sanchez, JJ, and Mitre = Seaver, Gibson and Koufax.......i didn't know that........

 

the team that wins that division this year will be the team that sucks the least.........man what a weak division.......with our bullpen and defense, the fish can't win........well maybe in THAT division??!!!!

 

did i say all three are going to be HOFers? No. what i was implying was that look how good the marlins are doing without those 2 pitchers(mitre isnt all that good). Its not like they are 35 year old journeyman pitchers. They are top-of-the-rotation pitchers that are going to help the marlins win the division. But the mets are a different story. They are playing their best baseball and are only 2 games over .500 and have nobody coming off the DL. And i doubt they can get anybody, realistically, through trade that can help them. Basicaly, what you see is what you get with the mets.

1. JJ's coming back

 

2. Volstad is in the rotation. YOUTH...whether he struggles or not, he's the future.

 

3. John Baker got a call from the minors after Treanor's injury. He's been hitting the ball, solidly...he deserves his chance, and we'll finally get to see him soon. Whether he sucks or not...point is, he's deserving of the callup.

 

4. Ryan Tucker to the pen. I've said it since the 1st time I saw him...he's our future closer. He throws 2 pitches, and he can dominate with both. Mark my words. Just throw strikes, kid...throw strikes. 94-97 mph fastball (with movement), and a beautiful changeup...stuff like that, usually dominates out of the pen. He'll be our 7th or 8th inning guy in no time, if the team sticks with him out there. There's no doubt in my mind.

 

5. Hendrickson is frustrated. All we need now is for Hendrickson to go Chacon on Samson. Samson would get his ass beat, and Hendrickson would be out of this team...making room for another young player, who has more of a future with this organization (than Hendrickson).

 

If Chris struggles at all he will be sent back to AA once Anibal comes back. So it looks like that may be 2 or 3 starts. Maybe 4.

 

Tuck worked out of the pen last night so my thoughts were unfounded. And going by Beinfest's comments it sounds as if the pen is where he will stay. You could be right, they may be grooming him for the closer's role. But I would still like to see him sent down to work on another pitch (or two) and then try him in the rotation again.

 

Hendrickson never did have a future with us. He is a one year rental. That was never a secret. There are going to be some interesting moves on Thursday that should show the FO's hand if they decide on keeping 12 pitchers instead of 13. If they decide on 13 for the time being, Andino is the yo-yo again.

I cant argue with this thread so far at all..

 

 

And yes, you did say he was our future closer.. I remember reading that...

 

I thought some n00b :anon started this post after seeing the ALL CAPS TOPIC TITLE. :lol

 

 

This is coming from a guy who has been here one month about a guy who has been here 3 months.

 

 

 

Sorry I couldnt resist.

I'm just wondering what the rotation will be once Anibal and Mitre DO come back..

Does one of the starters go to the pen as a Long Reliever or does someone get sent down or what?

 

Maybe one of them stays in the minors for a short period of time and gets called up in September?

I'm just wondering what the rotation will be once Anibal and Mitre DO come back..Does one of the starters go to the pen as a Long Reliever or does someone get sent down or what?Maybe one of them stays in the minors for a short period of time and gets called up in September?

i would imagine miller unless he really comes around this second half. Tommmy pointed it out last nigh that Miller has had chances to show consitncey and hasnt. He has one good start hen a bad one or 2 good then a few bad.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.