Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

anotherrealfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by anotherrealfan

  1. Well, I guess we know why Redmond doesn't like using Rauch now... because he is tall?
  2. Rich and Tommy are not helping. I find them duller than usual today and what would they be excited about, the break up of the no hitter in the first?
  3. Sucks for Slowey... he's been such a surprise for us. seriously, we need to trade him now while he has value for another pitcher still recovering from TJ surgery. Let's make a list
  4. Just annoying to hear Dave Van Horne comment "Halladay pitching like the Halladay of old". We don't know if he is because it is the Marlins, with one exception, every pitcher has pitched like the Halladay of old.
  5. We only pick up players who are injured or coming off of injury.
  6. You're leaving out the part where season ticket holders more than doubled between 2011 and 2012. As I think BroncoBob said, accurately and when it was happening, IIRC, most of that increase was speculative and done by season-ticket holders doubling-up on tickets. Didn't work. Their season-ticket fan base was and remains 5K, irrespective of temporary fluctuations for whatever reason. Never thought we would see a Bronco Bob comment as a testimonial. But it's OK, because he had his seats in the outfield.
  7. By defending the Marlins in recent weeks, I've been called "ignorant" and a "retard" here. So nice to not be able to have a different opinion than the typical fans. While I disagree with your overall good view of Loria, I also get offended whenever differences turn in to personal attacks. I just can't grasp why we have an owner who seemingly is the one who must force fiscal sanity as an excuse (or reason) because I as a fan have a hard time around the fact that 3 teams just above us last year in attendance, Cincy, 28,900, Atlanta 29800 and Washington 30,000 can have the lineups and long term deals (ones that they actually keep players more than one year without using the backloaded scheme as a way to pretend that "we tried"). Also, Atlanta has what is well known as a terrible TV contract, as bad as ours. Yet, somehow, I do not see a difference of 1500-2600 fans per game as the reason for a discrepancy of $50 million and more in payroll-which equals a crap team. Either we are just more sane or they are doing something different-or maybe we are using the Wayne method. Baseball activity only instead of putting all the revenue(in different entities) from all sources against the costs. If we are losing $47 mill, then I should look up the losses being generated by the huge contracts the Nationals have.
  8. I've become increasingly convinced that David Samson registered under the name '...' here; I find it hard to believe any other rational person would buy into the bill of goods this team has been selling the public. Thinking the same thing.
  9. He'll never sell while those clauses are in place to give like 5-10% of the sale to the county. Those expire in a few years. my bet is the county will waive those clauses with haste.
  10. Yea, they were dastardly evil terrorists. I had a more annoying Braves fans behind me than anything those guys could have done. I wish they were kicked out-but no such luck. Anyway, take any hard ass attitude for something that is only slightly annoying it and it won't do anything but diminish your product even more than management has already done. I see so much garbage at sporting events by the home team fans that are deemed to be in the spirit of fandom that are so much more offensive and physically threatening to families wanting to enjoy, and nothing happens. So, this was a minor nothing and to call it more than that is BS.
  11. 4 RUNS=Insurmountable
  12. Unrelated, but I was once kicked out of Shea stadium for rooting against the mets (and for the marlins). It was one of my finer moments in life. wow, that is so not cool...but in america or not, its on private property so they can kick out who ever they want. If the only justification is "private property" so we can kick anyone out we want, even if they did not really do anything to warrant it, then the Marlins have reached the pit of hell in public relations. I do not know the whole story, just basing my comment on this assumption that they can be kicked out for no good reason-just because Samson has a cow. I agree however, to kick out anyone wearing an opposing jersey-except as the season progresses, they may be the only ones buying tickets.
  13. It is not a Miami fans problem, it is an ownership problem. I talked to a lot of people at the ballpark and their main complaint was that they feel Loria doesn't give a sh*t about them or about the team. It's both the fans and ownership. FO went out and spent last year, people still didn't show up. They spent in 05, people didn't show up. The casual fan has made excuse after excuse after excuse not to go, they had none last year until mid-June when the team started to tank. It's not just the ownership.Toronto Blue Jays attendance 2012 2,099,663, avg 25,922 Miami Marlins 2012 attendance 2219444, avg 27,401 I'm pretty sure more people ACTUALLY showed up to Toronto's games rather than bought a ticket and said, "f*** it we ain't going" as was the case with the Fish. "Turnstile Clicks" Not sure how you can be so sure. If you notice, many games in other places have loads of empty seats, while attendance figures are higher. Toronto is one of those places where the blue seats have been empty in vast quantities. We'll see if this year for them, if they win, will be different. I really do not care because we are stuck with our reality of ownership, regardless of how other owners operate, but most places are not Wrigley, Fenway or St Louis.
  14. It is not a Miami fans problem, it is an ownership problem. I talked to a lot of people at the ballpark and their main complaint was that they feel Loria doesn't give a sh*t about them or about the team. It's both the fans and ownership. FO went out and spent last year, people still didn't show up. They spent in 05, people didn't show up. The casual fan has made excuse after excuse after excuse not to go, they had none last year until mid-June when the team started to tank. It's not just the ownership. Toronto Blue Jays attendance 2012 2,099,663, avg 25,922 Miami Marlins 2012 attendance 2219444, avg 27,401 Result: Blue Jays sign and trade to win, Marlins get rid of players. People showed up, maybe not enough to support a $100 million payroll, but enough not to have to endure another embarrassing display of inept management. This time, don't blame the fans, regardless of any rationalization, this one is only partly on the fans-mostly on the owner, and who he is. How many times does one have to hit their head in a wall to realize it hurts.
  15. Perfect for the team
  16. Who knows if this starting staff will crack under the pressure of having to keep the other, better, teams down and when the bullpen fall apart from overuse-it matters not, until maybe we can get some hits and runs. We are a pathetic offensive team and it is a struggle to watch us bat.
  17. Welp I called that 1-5 so did I.
  18. GEE, this wasn't expected, was it-100% expected
  19. not a big limb you are going out on with this prediction.
  20. Skipworth is on the ball club now. What a joke. Why? The whole thing about sending him down is so he would get his playing time and wouldn't sit on the bench. Oh, what does it matter anyway.
  21. Dunn sucks Yeah he's never been that good since he came here in the Uggla trade (I think we got him there)correct yea, remember the trade Beinfest:"we want Venters and Prado". Braves:" NO" Beinfest: " OK, we'll take whatever you give us. How about Dunn" BRAVES: (laughing under their breath) "oh ok, if we have to, you strike a tough deal, Admin."
  22. can anyone be worse than Dunn
  23. It just means, chill out and stop overreacting, fans. Give it more than a pair of games. Dammit. Overreaction is what we do. I am also pleasantly surprised over the good pitching effort, although Nolasco has the "Good" and "Bad" Ricky abilities. As the season progresses, if we remain offensively challenged, these pitchers are not good enough to have the extra pressure of shutting down teams just so we can stay in the game.
  24. We have the same number of wins as the blue jays! And the Yankees. Unlike the Yanks, we had a chance to win both games as well.and somehow all these "it's only game two" ,"we faced two great pitchers", "yanks and bluejays also have two losses" is supposed to offer optimism or mask over the pure fact that we have a terrible team. I think that is all many of us are saying, without giving up our fandom.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.