Everything posted by anotherrealfan
-
Rule 5 Draft
Oh wow, we got the Braulio guy. Apparently he was predicted to go first on this Why? his numbers do not look very good. Just asking.
- Something Positive About the 2013 Roster!
- Something Positive About the 2013 Roster!
-
Escobar Traded to Rays
I am so jaded anyway at this point that I do not believe any of the spin and dribble Beinfest produces, even a meaningless trade as to the affect for 2013. We want to be the 2013 equivalent of the 2012 A's, fine, just put up the tarp to cover the upper decks and sell all the lower deck tickets for $5. The concept of "don't worry, we will spend the money we saved on Escobar" just adds to the insult of the way this place operates.
-
I Feel Bad For The Tampa Bay Rays
The Rays are our little brother? Well I guess their franchise is technically younger but f*** me if their organization isn't 10 time more competent than ours. The Rays are our little brother? Well I guess their franchise is technically younger but f*** me if their organization isn't 10 time more competent than ours. Amazingly they got more competent after losing Dan Jennings, oh wait he works for the Marlins!!! As much as I've tried not to root for the Rays, I certainly hope they stay in the TB area, but seeing the Marlins have probably screwed any state team from getting public funding, I wish them well where ever they go I don't see the Marlins as being the main cause of any funding not made. Maybe an excuse or a reason for the anti-stadium people, because there are very active anti-stadium people everywhere. Remember in Arizona, an irate constituent shot a council person after they agreed to fund building the stadium. Anyway, funding or bias for anything in S Florida is always viewed differently than any other part of Florida once you get past Palm Beach County. But given the success of the Rays and the horrible support for a winning team, not counting the cow bells, it will be hard to get the funding. They could cut and sell Dewayne's 1980's perm.
-
The Grass maybe green again soon
Our future stars have no relevance to this move. The whole point behind the stadium was to have money to maintain a competitive baseball team. As our players develop, the you can start moving some pieces, especially if you are not winning championships. The concept of "as long as we can't win the WS, then why even try" is a death knell to the fans and attendance. Now sponsors will not spend money, fans will not go and revenue will decrease-then as a result, Loria will justify spending nothing. That is not how it is supposed to go. The point of fans now will be "if you don't spend we won't come and spend" is justified. I do not know what else Loria would expect-otherwise he is severely damaged.
-
Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto
maybe we use the money for Josh Hamilton, Greinke and David Wright. and maybe I have started using drugs, hallucinogenic Cocaine is a hell of a drug but not hallucinogenic
-
Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto
we will not find out if Redmond can manage a major league team.
-
Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto
maybe we use the money for Josh Hamilton, Greinke and David Wright. and maybe I have started using drugs, hallucinogenic
-
Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto
anyone who's still a Marlins fan after this is a god damn moron. Or a fan who just loves the team no matter how many times it breaks his or her heart ... I'm sticking around. Guys, it could be worse. We could be Cub Fans. I would rather be a Cubs fan right now. at least the cubs did not try to suck, they just sucked.
-
Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto
If it wasn't for the bonds, the city should blow the stadium up or convert it for the Hurricanes and find a way that Loria violated his lease and let him play in Homestead.
-
Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto
I just saw this and thought maybe it was a Canadian version of April fools. Since it is not here is the letter I sent to my ticket representative: Javier, After 20 years, I thought I would have season tickets of some sort until my end. Please do not even bother to send me any further information or solicitation for tickets. Sincerely,
-
Hey! Let's sign Rafael Soriano
If the FO did this, I would not say, great, thanks for showing us commttment, I would say-you guys are stupid-no way any closer is worth this.
-
Bell Traded to Arizona in 3 Team Deal
Out of all the reasons Bell gave for his poor performances, he didn't blame the fans like Uggla (hard to be motivated when the place is empty-blah blah, I guess Dan was not motivated this year for other reasons) because one thing for certain, the boos raining down on his underperforming butt were not piped in from the sound system.
-
Cousins, Rosario claimed
Good riddance on Rosario! I never want to hear the name Sandy Rosario again! Sandy Rosario, Sandy Rosario (sorry, couldn't help it)
-
Turf and the ballpark extra activities
Anybody else kind of worried that the FO is running in circles by installing new turf then having the WBC and soccer matches no god knows what else? The baseball classic I'm not worried about but the soccer match has to tear up the field. Huge concern amongst us fans. Serious or sarcastic. sarcastic.
-
Turf and the ballpark extra activities
Anybody else kind of worried that the FO is running in circles by installing new turf then having the WBC and soccer matches no god knows what else? The baseball classic I'm not worried about but the soccer match has to tear up the field. Huge concern amongst us fans.
-
Fredi and Loria exchange barbs
Too much analysis about whether Fredi was a good manager here or not of if Loria is a good owner, this is only about whether it is appropriate for another team manager to comment on the "rumors" about someone else's team and job. This is where Fredi has no business in this, just like Booby Cox had to comment when Fredi was fired-but all the time working the deal for Fredi. Manage the Braves, Fredi, not the Marlins management decisions.
-
Gaudin
Has eaten up innings when it has been necessary. He is basically bad, but keep him out of close games late and then he has better value.
-
Hanley not so nice about Marlins in OC Register article
I guess we see there one of the main reasons that attendance has lagged off. Having an average ticket price that is the 3rd highest in baseball (admittedly with a smaller stadium) in an area that has the one of the highest poverty rates in the US is suicide. Yes there is a lot of monied people in South Fla. There also are way more who live on the edge of poverty or well into it. This area has to have one of the widest gaps in wealth to poor in the country. That is false. The city of Miami proper has a poverty rate well in excess of the national average, but the same cannot be said for South Florida. But the team hasn't been trying for South Florida. Samson outright said he would be happy if Broward and Palm Beach fans only come to 5 games a year, they are concentrating on South Dade and the biz section to fill the stadium. Paraphrasing just a bit, but almost a direct quote. That's just the tip of the iceberg how the team has been alienating the rest of South Florida away from the team. You don't crap on a large clientel base and then expect them to wipe your butt afterwards. Marlins Park......Otherwise known as Loria's Titanic. Yes because we all know how well broward and palm beach supported the team when it was closer. I do not understand what Bob means about "crap on a large clientel". Based on the amazing support in earlier years from the north, the marlins marketing money is used more towards the people who are likely to consider going to a game ( I assume that is what you mean-yet I wouldn't waste my time to find proof of it). Yet, I doubt that Broward and specifically Palm Beach is ignored. There is advertising and media marketing to the north and I have not received any special privelege for living in North Dade, other than being closer. You of all people surprise me with the act that somehow it is not fair the stadium was not built further north. No free T-shirts that you guys in Broward or Palm Beach didn't get offered. No one is crapping on the fans to the north. If you, after all these years, have decided it is not worth your effort to continue to go and buy some tickets, then do not go-but stop looking for BS excuses (your favorite term) to justify and rationalize your choice.
-
8/29 Post Game
I realize that we cannot bring Heath Bell next season. Even if we couldn't get proper returns for him, we should be trade him. I don't wanna see him again, ever. Hang me for this if you want, but unless he is an offensive or defensive lineman, I don't think an athlete shoud look like Bell. I see no excuse for not being in better shape, no matter what he "thinks" is his ideal playing weight. Goes for Carlos Lee also. I see it as a lack of respect for yourself as a professional and while he has been successful in the past, maybe he is shortening his career, or maybe he does not care anymore.
- The Official Giancarlo Stanton Man Crush Thread
-
Bartolo Colon the next to be suspended 50 games
Ive always heard/read that taking test helps you lose weight. How much was he eating to offset that? I didnt say this, heard this on the radio, that Colon tested positive for calories and saturated fat.
-
Hanley not so nice about Marlins in OC Register article
The problem I have with using attendance as an excuse, although it must suck to play in front of no one vs. the energy, is that somehow it does not affect Tampa as they continue to excel, win divisions, make the playoffs etc-all in front of 9-11000, and even worse, cowbells and even worse than that having to be interviewed by Kallas. And Treanor being the one to critique-ok, that explains his horrid numbers.
-
3rd place finish in sights
Was anyone disappointed we came back and won last night? and mets and phils lose.