Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eddie Altamonte

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Eddie Altamonte

  1. Admin do I get credit for having said very early on that Morse was the right match in F/A for the Marlins for 1st base (I may actually have been the first) I hear some disappointment amongst a few, which can be understood because he isn't Votto or Goldschmidt, however for the Marlins lineup he doesn't need to be. He is without question a power threat in the middle of the lineup more so than Garrett Jones ever was...He can field the position significantly better than Jones (Do not forget he was once a SS). He is a very likable guy in the Clubhouse. Concerns about him will always be injuries but hopefully he can stay healthy for a greater part of the season just because he is playing his natural position of 1st base. The swing and miss will also be an issue... but how many Marlins do not struggle with that? It is almost a team signature. He is a local kid so this actually could be a huge boost for him to come back home. I fel that Marlins fan will take a liking to him real fast This just feels right, I believe Stanton is going to appreciate Morse batting in the lineup after him. Surely Morse will benefit enormously as well
  2. Bring back Jensen! I never understood why they gave up on him playing 1st base...He couldn't have been worse than Jones, and he has better power
  3. Maybe not but not making the top 20? I believe Bohn will make the top 20 prospect list before the season
  4. If the Marlins trade McGeHee to SF for a pitcher maybe Okart or Kickham I would look to trade Haren maybe in a 3-way trade with the Angels and Boston for Garin Cecchini BTW the price on Cecchini will be pretty high
  5. Just read this Would the Marlins trade McGehee before the season? The Giants are shopping and they are reportedly interested,,, The Giants could use their Minor League pitching surplus to trade for a third baseman. Among those who could be available include Cleveland's Lonnie Chisenhall, Miami's Casey McGehee and Boston's Will Middlebrooks. Chisenhall, 26, established numerous career highs in 2014, including games (142), batting average (.280), on-base plus slugging percentage (OPS, .770), home runs (13) and RBIs (59). But he ranked 23rd among Major League third basemen with a -10.7 UZR (ultimate zone rating), which measures a fielder's success at reaching batted balls determined to be in his zone of the field. By comparison, the recently departed Pablo Sandoval ranked 10th best this year with a 3.5 UZR for the Giants, according to fangraphs.com. McGehee, 32, won the National League Comeback Player of the Year Award by hitting .287 with 76 RBIs in 160 games after playing in Japan during 2013. He also recorded a -1.6 UZR, 17th best at his position. Middlebrooks, 26, became potentially expendable with Boston's acquisition of Sandoval. His batting average has dwindled annually since 2012, from .288 to .227 to .191. His OPS also has slid from .835 to .696 to .522. He compiled a -0.6 UZR in 63 games this year. http://m.mlb.com/news/article/104174972/trade-looking-more-likely-as-giants-eye-third-base-answer
  6. Haren, Jones and Caminero make for a decent package to any team
  7. Is it just me or is Justin Bohn a little underrated? He didn't even make the Marlins top 20 on MLB.com. Seems weird for a supposed plus defender, plus runner whose only question was his bat, and who hit pretty well in his first full season at shortstop. I just can't see anyone he would replace in the top 10 from this list
  8. I would agree with Conley working his way back in the top 10 when healthy and Rosa right on the fringe as well
  9. In 6 years what does it matter so many things can change The Marlins may have won a couple of World Championships more by then... Loria may have sold the team to Arison or the Jeter group long before anyway. The important thing is that Stanton is a Marlin and will be a Marlin for a long time That is something the Pirates cannot say about McCutchen who at first chance will leave Pittsburgh Let the 2018 bidding war for McCutchen begin now!
  10. The option of possibility trading Eovaldi for Alvarez is looking worse and worse the more I look at Alvarez's stats Here is Gammons on Alvarez: http://www.gammonsdaily.com/the-pressures-on-pedro-alvarezs-bat-in-2015/
  11. BTW I like the idea of Brett Butler working with Dee Gordon to make him a legitimate leadoff hitter
  12. I will say pitching and defense wins games and we got a hell of a lot better pitching now and we have a much better option at 2nd base, than what we had before so we are a better team for sure going into next season Haren is still a question mark, but I like the idea of flipping him over to the Angels for CJ Cron or Kaleb Cowart or to the Padres for Yonder Alonso and a prospect like Jose Rondon since Alonso is still overcoming injuries
  13. I believe the Marlins could have gotten Grandal now Freidman was smart enough to pick him up as well
  14. Omg fuckin trade that guy. What a moron. Marlins do have fins as well
  15. Morneau trade might be a bust... I kinda know he is a professional hitter. However 17 HRs only playing for Colorado McGehee could hit nearly 30 HRs in Colorado he will be 34 next season However great defensive 1st Baseman, he does have that...
  16. the dodgers just paid 40 million dollars plus the performance of gordon and haren for howie kendrick and 3 minor leaguers. the marlins could have made the same trade and only spent 27.5 mil. Spend 27 million? Are you out of ur fukkin mind?
  17. We have to include Kike, Hatcher, and Barnes to get Gordon. The Dodgers trade Heaney alone and get a better 2B than Gordon. Yes but Dee Gorden will be free next season...not to roam the bases , but Loria doesn't have to write his paychecks.... Awesome!
  18. I have no idea what we have to give for Morneau. I'm guessing Eovaldi? That's taking away an asset at one position to gain at another. I don't think the Marlins would trade Nicolino for him. After that I have no idea what the Rockies would want from us. I would trade Salty, Conley and for Morneau
  19. Joe Frisaro @JoeFrisaro I've heard INF Miguel Rojas is also headed to #Marlins from #Dodgers and Miami will receive financial compensation if Haren retires out of all the player the Marlins could have gotten from the Dodgers we take someone who played 9 years in the minors, Who only had 1 season in which his OPS was over .700
  20. Anyone else thinks that Beinfest is drinking a mojito somewhere and laughing his ass off, while he shakes his head thinking about how much of a moron Hills and Jennings really are?
  21. I haven't heard a single baseball person of note who thinks the Marlins didn't get fleeced here. I know of two...Hills/Jennings
  22. "Haren is free pitcher for the Marlins" probably sealed the deal right there. Loria couldn't refuse a freebie no matter what it entails
  23. Wait. So we get a young in control all star 2B and a Number 3 starter for prospects? Yea I'll take it. Now just need a 1B. Haren is set to make 11 million next season for some reason I highly believe he was ever going to be a Marlin Likely he would have been part of another trade
  24. How is Gordon on defense? I don't really know how to read all the defensive metrics. I just know from what I see and hear and I haven't seen or heard much about his D. The report is that Gordon had his struggles defensively but has improved to the point of being an average 2nd baseman. He will not hurt the Marlins with his glove. He is fast as lightning as well but he has not shown to be able to get himself on base enough to be a leadoff hitter. He better start dragging bunts right now and learn not to swing at everything for this trade to be considered somewhat decent.
  25. Ok now let's assume Haren does pitch for us next year. What, if anything, does he do for our rotation? Haren doesn't do shit for the rotation he will probably hit the DL 2 days into Training Camp...we don't have to worry because he is retiring

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.