Everything posted by Eddie Altamonte
-
Casey McGehee
He is a lot better than anything we had last year at 3rd base... or has your memory completely erased last season?
-
Marlins Name Realmuto and Nicolino Organizational Players of the Year.
For Clarification Fanofthefish you are correct reference to Hammer in his first 3 seasons as a Marlin He caught 15 games 2004 5 out 8 games 2005 8 out of 9 games 2006 2 out of 137 games He has never caught another game since 2006 Roskos played 10 games in 3 seasons for the Marlins caught 4 innings in 1 game
-
Marlins Name Realmuto and Nicolino Organizational Players of the Year.
In last years draft We did select Blake Anderson in the first round but he has such a long way to go as a prospect, I really like the choice of Roy Morales in the 12 round more than I do Anderson but I have never seen him play. I hope he ends up being all the Marlins see in him. Anderson is suppose to have a rifle for an arm and have great defensive potential. A Big kid with great power potential so lets see what happens
-
Marlins Name Realmuto and Nicolino Organizational Players of the Year.
Horrible history as it relates to catchers, it's weird considering our first overall pick was CJ and he ended up being a stud for us. Skipworth is the only other 1st rounder ever selected by the Marlins.. BTW I wouldn't count Roskos either because he came up as an Outfielder and 1st baseman, but who cares he only appeared in 37 games for the Marlins in the majors
-
Marlins Name Realmuto and Nicolino Organizational Players of the Year.
Even though Treanor was not drafted by the Marlins he did spend 6 years developing in our minor league sytem He played A ball for us his first seaon so that is as close to home grown as it gets, BTW as we know Hammer did not develop as a catcher for us
- The Official Giancarlo Stanton Man Crush Thread
-
Will Realmuto be our catcher next year?
As much as Realmulto needs it would be irresponsible and crazy for the Marlins FO to sit him on the bench instead of working on his catching skills
-
Marlins Name Realmuto and Nicolino Organizational Players of the Year.
Hotcorner besides CJ the next best homegrown catcher was believe it or not our present manager and the most games he ever started in a season for the Marlins was 71 he did play 7 seasons as our backup # 3 on the list was Matt Treanor,,,Not a stellar list at all
-
Marlins Name Realmuto and Nicolino Organizational Players of the Year.
No surprise, very well deserved! Avery Romero was not far behind
-
Will Realmuto be our catcher next year?
BTW do I hear howling and booing about Salty? mhmmm not that I wanna say I told you so but...I told you so...I may need to change my name to Nostradamus here LOL, I have gotten a few wrong but on this one I was right on the money. I am not happy about it I really hoped for Salty to have had a great season with the bat, I just felt that he was being overhyped in the past off-season. I just couldn't see his HR stats carrying over to Marlins stadium, but the strike outs sure did. He had a bad year behind the plate as well
-
Will Realmuto be our catcher next year?
No Way...he sill needs to develop as a catcher. I like his bat but catching is so much more
-
Garrett Jones is Starting in Right Field Today.
Jones is an outfielder. Yelich and Ozuna are not out of position in CF and RF, they may not have played there much this season , it doesn't mean that would be out of position, if they filled in there. In fact Ozuna is more of a natural RF, and Yelich can cover a hell lot of ground in CF.
-
Playoff Schedules and Results/Roundups - SUNS WIN SOUTHERN LEAGUE
I agree Rosa had an enormous year, and has stepped up as a prospect overall The Marlins will be watching him very closely next season
-
Garrett Jones is Starting in Right Field Today.
Jones is a natural outfielder he is in his comfort zone out there, although I would have put Ozuna in RF and moved Yelich to CF
-
Post Game 9/11
The umpires threw Fiers a bone they called it a K so the inning could be closed out and Fiers had a chance to get the W and not need to make another pitch. That should be looked into by the league and those umpires should be reprimanded heavily
-
Post Game 9/11
Mike Redmond is really flustered and shaken up !
- 9-11 FISH AT BREWERS
- 9-11 FISH AT BREWERS
- 9-11 FISH AT BREWERS
- 9-11 FISH AT BREWERS
- 9-11 FISH AT BREWERS
-
The Official Giancarlo Stanton Man Crush Thread
Stanton Will get 10-15 mill this season either way, there is no risk on his behalf, the question is he willing to commit to the Marlins... We will know soon enough but the Marlins FO has not made it easy on themselves. Stanton was an easy sign in 2012 and is a very hard sign 2014...He will be an impossible sign in 2015. Talk about a Fuckup on the FO behalf! What was the FO thinking? Were they worried about injuries or a subpar season? They is no justifiable reason to have put this off until now. At the moment when he has an MVP type season under his belt is when they decide to finally say to Stanton: "Ok lets talk contract.." How stupid is that?...There is no reason for Giancarlo to believe or trust in this FO, they can sign whoever it would not mean anything to him. They have signed players in the past, brought in top level F/As and they all ended up being traded sooner rather than later. IMO for Stanton to sign they have to offer him everything including the kitchen sink or Loria needs to sell the franchise
-
The Official Giancarlo Stanton Man Crush Thread
I will be bold to say as much as I Love Giancarlo but if he rejects a long term contract this off-season the Marlins should trade him before the 2015 season begins. His value will never ever be higher, I know Stanton says he will like to win in Miami and there is a good chance they may have a winning season next year but unless they get a WS ring Stanton may be headed to the Angels, Dodgers or even the Giants as a F/A. He alone can give us 3 prime prospects (Our 1st baseman, middle infielder another power-hitting outfielder) Starting next season with Stanton in the lineup without a long term contract, which is very likely, would be a huge mistake.
- 9/10 Marlins @ Brewers 8:10 PM
-
Marlins Promote Four
The catcher of my son's little league team can outhit Skipworth and he hits left-handed as well. Skipworth is actually really a superhero known as the fan, he can create hurricane force wind with his bat his only weakness is a baseball. His bat must never touch a baseball ever