Everything posted by CTMarlinsfan
-
American Heritage School
I was just checking out their website, and their grade 12 tuition is 18 k. Holy crap. yea...I sometimes wonder how I can afford Marlins games after my family paid that for 2 years and now college tuition... the athletes are all on scholarships though
-
American Heritage School
Well, considering they were basically rivals to my brothers school (Monsignor Pace)...hard to cheer, I guess. definently much bigger rivals with Chiminade Modanna
-
American Heritage School
Hey everyone...this isn't quite minor leagues, but it is baseball. American Heritage won 8-2 to clinch their first EVER championship in baseball... oh and they're #1 in the USA!! as a proud alumn, congratulations to American Heritage!
-
5/20 postgame thread
I openly admit to sitting there in the ninth inning playing solitaire on my phone so I didn't have to watch. (I snuck a peek or two ) Cantu made some really nice plays this evening. How people can fault Matt Treanor continues to be one of the mysteries I feel will never be solved here. Hanley looks just awful although that third out in the ninth was a thing of beauty. And I have to say I continue to be awestruck watching Lindstrom pitch. What was Omar Minaya thinking? I thought tonight's crowd was up a bit from previous weeknight games especially since it isn't against a team like the Mets or Cubs who bring their own cheering sections along with the. This was pretty much a purely Marlins crowd tonight I would say it was a positive sign. yea I was sitting there in and out of the game...but it was certainly a classic. I agree...usually 10K+ means about 1000 at the stadium...it really looked like 7 or 8 K tonight, so it's a slight improvement
-
Know what time players/busses arrive at Stadium?
I'm not sure about DS, but other stadiums you can...I do know that you can wait until after the game until the players leave
-
Diamondbacks @ Marlins 5/20 - 7:10 PM
I'LL BEE THERE...GO FISH time to bring out a classic:
-
Jon Lester
sorry...conrats JON Lester
- Jon Lester
-
Jon Lester
He's pitching well in Boston...through 7
-
Anyone know what hotel our opponents stay in?
If you are so dieing to know, buy the teams media guide. I can look some up for you. I do know someone who works for Philadelphia off hand and they stay at the Trump I believe. the Diplomat is a hot hotel too. Years ago teams stayed at the Marriott Marina and Harbor Beach, but with the hotels on Hollywood Beach now, it's that much easier. and believe it or not, some teams stay at different hotels each time they visit.
-
Post game thread 5/17
why was scotty wearing long sleeve during hot day ? was some thing wrong with him Scott always wears the sleeves on his starts. Great game...fun time tonight. VERY small crowd for a Saturday (and I was told people were buying tickets for the concert only, so that suprised me a ton) also...that concert just ROCKED! I'm almost 21, but I feel like a 40 year old based on the music I like. It was a great show.
-
Royals @ Marlins 5/17- 7:10 PM
I'LL BE THERE... again!
-
So who do you want the Marlins to draft?
We already have 4 local products that I can think of off the top of my head. Robert Andino (Miami), Gaby Hernandez (Miami), Gaby Sanchez (Miami), and Chris Volstad (Palm Beach Gardens) your putting the kid in a catagory with those guys...He has been compared to the A-Rods of South Florida. He is on a totally different level imho.
-
5/16 - Kansas City Royals @ Florida Marlins
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2008... I'LL BE AT THE GAME!!!! go Marlins!!!
-
Marlins Postponed 5/15
May is the 5th month of the year. FIXED!!!
-
Marlins Postponed 5/15
Press Release: CINCINNATI -- Tonight's game between the Cincinnati Reds and Florida Marlins at Great American Ball Park has been postponed due to inclement weather. A makeup date has not been scheduled. Tickets for tonight's game can be used for that yet-to-be-scheduled makeup game, without exchange. Tickets for tonight's game also can be exchanged for another game, depending on availability.
-
Marlins Postponed 5/15
This is the discussion about the postponment today (5/15). Makeup information will be posted as it comes in. These are the possible make-up dates June 23: Marlins on the way home from Oakland, Cincy between NY(Yankees) and Toronto. Would be 19 in a row for CINCY and 24 in a row for the Fish AUG 18: CINCY home vs STL and out on the way to CHI (Cubs) while the Marlins have the Cubs at home and head on the road to San Fran. 12 in a row for Cincy and 20 in a row for FLA Aug 25: CINCY goes from Colorado to Houston and Florida from Arizona to Atlanta so not gonna happen SEP 11: Cincy between Milwaukee and Arizona, Florida between Philidelphia and home...perobably not gonna happen Sep 15: Cincy between Arizona and home. Marlins stay home...probably not gonna happen Sep 22: Cincy between home and Houston-Marlins between home and Washington. POSSIBLE
-
5/15 - Florida Marlins @ Cincinnati Reds
and after looking at the forcast, it is not looking good...game is still on, but I am looking at a few possible make up dates June 23: Marlins on the way home from Oakland, Cincy between NY(Yankees) and Toronto. Would be 19 in a row for CINCY and 24 in a row for the Fish AUG 18: CINCY home vs STL and out on the way to CHI (Cubs) while the Marlins have the Cubs at home and head on the road to San Fran. 12 in a row for Cincy and 20 in a row for FLA Aug 25: CINCY goes from Colorado to Houston and Florida from Arizona to Atlanta so not gonna happen SEP 11: Cincy between Milwaukee and Arizona, Florida between Philidelphia and home...perobably not gonna happen Sep 15: Cincy between Arizona and home. Marlins stay home...probably not gonna happen Sep 22: Cincy between home and Houston-Marlins between home and Washington. POSSIBLE
-
5/15 - Florida Marlins @ Cincinnati Reds
Don't get your hopes up, guys. Raining balls here, and it doesn't appear to be stopping anytime soon. i'll take that, too
-
So who do you want the Marlins to draft?
as a proud Heritage alumni who was the PA announcer in Hosmer's freshman year, I want us to pick up Hosmer. He is local, he is an infielder, and he is good! Plus, doesn't that kind of show a commitment to this area by picking up a local kid? Why do we need to show a commitment to the area? Especially by spending millions of dollars for a Scott Boras client? That's ridiculous. I think Hosmer would drop Boras if he gets drafted by the Marlins...think of it, he doesn't need to worry about money as much if he's playing at home. I really don't see him demanding too much to play for the Marlins, but you are right about him being a Boras client. I know I just did a complete 360, so I'll put it simple: If he's still on the board, take him! Local boy + great talent = cornerstone for the 2011 season! I'll take Yonder Alonso over Eric Hosmer. I think its a safe bet Alonso won't be picked 6th
-
5/15 - Florida Marlins @ Cincinnati Reds
GOALS FOR TONIGHT: 1) GET THE **** OUT OF CINCY 2) GET THE **** OUT OF CINCY 3) GET THE **** OUT OF CINCY 4) I'd like a win, too!
-
So who do you want the Marlins to draft?
as a proud Heritage alumni who was the PA announcer in Hosmer's freshman year, I want us to pick up Hosmer. He is local, he is an infielder, and he is good! Plus, doesn't that kind of show a commitment to this area by picking up a local kid? Why do we need to show a commitment to the area? Especially by spending millions of dollars for a Scott Boras client? That's ridiculous. I think Hosmer would drop Boras if he gets drafted by the Marlins...think of it, he doesn't need to worry about money as much if he's playing at home. I really don't see him demanding too much to play for the Marlins, but you are right about him being a Boras client. I know I just did a complete 360, so I'll put it simple: If he's still on the board, take him! Local boy + great talent = cornerstone for the 2011 season!
-
So who do you want the Marlins to draft?
as a proud Heritage alumni who was the PA announcer in Hosmer's freshman year, I want us to pick up Hosmer. He is local, he is an infielder, and he is good! Plus, doesn't that kind of show a commitment to this area by picking up a local kid?
-
Think more fans will show up for the next homestand?
It's a catch 22 for us diehards...I love the fact that I can get a $9 ticket and sit in $27 seats because nobodys there...but would I like to see the place sold out? Duh! Of course. In September, 2003 our smallest crowd was 10,213 Sep 4...our largest was 40,414 Sep 13...the next day was 18,725 people will come THE DAY they clinch the wild card or division...they won't come the day before or day after.
-
5/6/2008 Brewers at Marlins 7:10pm est
go Marlins...1 more week until I'm home for the KC series...can't wait!