Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. Anything by New Found Glory.
  2. Tomorrow will be amazing. No higher than 70 degrees.
  3. I don't care how much the Red Sox could theoretically eat off his contract, he is a soft hitting player with no on base ability. Pass. Was he soft hitting when he smacked 42 doubles 2 years ago? I think too many people place emphasis on minute samplings of previous performance when they should be focusing on how the player is LIKELY to perform. Crisp showed me nothing last season to lead me to think that he is the CF addition the Marlins are looking for. The same goes for the Juan Pierres and Willy Taverases of the world. He had his lowest amount of at bats last year since his rookie year, so that could be seen as a small sample size, one would think. The guy is 27 years old, and he had one injury marred season. He's terrible. He's no Rocco, but he's better than most of the options out there.
  4. What if he makes the same amount as the other 2, can I ban you both? I can't say "no", can I? :mischief
  5. These controls are definatly the next step in game evolution. Pointing with the Wii Remote feels much better than using a joystick. Haven't gotten to play Zelda yet because I had friends playing it so I played Wii Sports and Rayman Raving Rabbids(awesome). Anybody have any impressions to share about Red Steel, I've heard very mixed things. Been up since before 6 AM trying to get this thing, and now I'm going finally able to go to bed. We played Wii Sports and Red Steel for about 4 hours in our dorm's common room and, wow, Red Steel feels so natural. I'm amazed at this system. I wasn't skeptical, because it seemed very gimmicky, but playing it is amazing. I'm going to have to get one.
  6. If he has to face Righties this year, his stats aren't going to look too good at all. He's always killed lefties, which is why his stats looked so good last year.
  7. Did they just pick the worst announcers they could for this game? I'm so bored. Did he just say Troy Smith is going to have to engineer another 4th quarter comeback because they are down 7-0 with 12 and a half minutes left in the 1st?
  8. and it makes me think of the direction I feel Nirvana was headed towards (mellowier, poppier stuff) nirvana probably had as many pop hooks as the beach boys, they just liked loud guitars behind it ... but the "poppier" aspect was there I completely agree, but I always felt they were headed to an even more consciously pop sound. Kurt Cobain always professed a love for the Beatles, and I honestly think if he hadn't killed himself they would've moved into a more poppy soung.
  9. Never been a big fan of theirs. Always thought they were a bit overrated. It probably didn't help that my best friend made me listen to them all of the time and always talked about them.
  10. MCR

    bobbob1313 replied to Lefty's topic in Off-Topic
    The title track is probably the best rock song released all year. It's amazing.
  11. As the title implies, this 15 song collection is a live album featuring the Foo Fighter's greatest hits stripped down to their bare bones. The most obvious example of an album like this is Nirvana Live In New York, and while this cannot touch the raw power and emotion of a band at it's peak (and simultaneously crumbling around itself), this album provides and interesting new take on the best know songs of the Foo Fighters. The highlight is probably "Walking After You" which was tailor made for this type of treatment. Also, "Everlong" really stands out, as it remains, almost a decade later, Dave Grohl's most intense song. In this setting you cannot help but think of Kurt Cobain slouched over his guitar on the Nirvana unplugged album, especially since the song has always invoked images of Grohl's former bandmate for me. I highly reccomend picking this album up if you are a fan of the bands work. I personally love the new direction they seem to be taking, and it makes me think of the direction I feel Nirvana was headed towards (mellowier, poppier stuff). The best half of In Your Honor was the acoustic half, and most of the strongest moments of that album are here.
  12. Personally, I think he'll be just fine, there's way too much talent there to just disappear. who you talking about? Hermida or Lastings? Hermida I want to see an entirly different kind of Hermida this year. Really? You want more from the former #1 prospect in our organization than a .700 OPS? You're really asking a lot there.
  13. I'm about 5-9 1/2 and I weigh 230, so I'm definetly not at my desired weight. I'm going to go ahead and try out some of these tips for a couple of weeks and see how they work. Thanks a lot!
  14. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Stairway to Heaven- Led Zeppelin Freebird- Lynyrd Skynyrd (although with the view most people have of it now, it may be underrated. It's neither as good as many people think nor is it as bad as everyone else thinks. This may be the most perfectly balanced song ever) And it pains me to say it, but "A Day In The Life". It hurts me to type that, but I always see it on the top of "best songs" lists, and I wouldn't even put it in the Beatles top 25. I love it, but it's not the best song ever... "Bad Day" - Daniel Powter :banghead Doesn't a song have to be highly rated to be overrated?
  15. I didn't accuse you of being paranoid, dude. I said that sleeping with a gun under your pillow would probably over time lead a person to become more paranoid than normal. So yeah, in other words, you are crazy and should be kept away from society. What the hell is a constitution anyways. I don't listen to hip hop.
  16. I just don't think it's necessary. You do, and more power to you.
  17. It's impossible to debate this, because neither of us will ever give any ground (or at least, you won't, and you won't ever percieve me as giving ground if I did), but I'll say that I know many gun owners who simply do not have the necessary training. And no, I've never handled a firearm, and I never plan on doing so. Does that make me a bad person? Do I hate my family? All these answers and more in Accords next post!
  18. Well, I don't go out to clubs too much, so when I do try to hit up the GAP for a nice shirt and some slacks.
  19. And don't you dare imply that I don't care for my family just because I refuse to buy a gun. That's downright disrespectful, immature, and you just don't say that if you earnestly want people to take your opinion seriously, which you very obviously do. *WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH* That's the sound of the point I made in the above post going right over your head. You don't want me to imply that you don't care for your family because you choose not to own a firearm, yet it's perfectly okay for someone to say that those of us who do take responsibility for our own lives and the lives of our families by purchasing a firearm is... pointless. Nope, sorry. It doesn't work both ways, and that's the point I was making. Don't dish it out if you can't take it right back. "Whoosh" is it? Was I the one who made the pointless comment? No. Although seeing all of the different guns you have, it could be seen as a pointless investment. Overkill, some might say. I respect your right to defend your family, but there comes a point where you can't claim that every single gun you buy is solely for your protection. You don't need 20 guns, man. Dude, I'm not judging your hobby, but if it's a hobby, say it's a hobby, but don't try to justify it by saying it's solely for your family's protection and then turn around and say it's a hobby.
  20. sh*t, we pay like $5400 a year for this bulls*** gated community so I'm not really interested in spending the $600, plus I don't like guns. I'm a p***y liberal, after all. I just don't think I would want to be that paranoid. Every single bump in the night has you reaching for your gun after a while. And how many guns do you own? I'm sure 2 more aren't going to cause your family to die. "Oh no, if only I had 9 guns instead of 7!" Yep, crime never happens within gated communities. Gated communities are a joke. It has nothing to do with being paranoid and to suggest otherwise is simple ignorance and nothing more. My family does not have access to my guns, I am bringing them all with me once I reach my final duty station in the Marine Corps and most of my firearms are too complicated for novices who have never so much as touched a gun before in their life, therefore I bought my mom the very simple and very reliable revolver with 150 year old technology that anyone can easily operate. I agree that gated communities are a joke, but I don't need another couple hundred dollars for more false sense of securities. I'd say that if I were to buy one, I would absolutely become more paranoid, because every single time I heard a noise, I'd reach for my gun. That can't be good for your mental health. It doesn't matter if they have access to your guns, as I didn't make any reference to that. You are talking about needing these two guns to keep you and your family safe. It just seems like overkill.
  21. It's hard on a budget, but the gap has some nice stuff for relatively cheap (compared to Banana Republic, The Limited, etc.)
  22. sh*t, we pay like $5400 a year for this bulls*** gated community so I'm not really interested in spending the $600, plus I don't like guns. I'm a p***y liberal, after all. I just don't think I would want to be that paranoid. Every single bump in the night has you reaching for your gun after a while. And how many guns do you own? I'm sure 2 more aren't going to cause your family to die. "Oh no, if only I had 9 guns instead of 7!" And don't you dare imply that I don't care for my family just because I refuse to buy a gun. That's downright disrespectful, immature, and you just don't say that if you earnestly want people to take your opinion seriously, which you very obviously do.
  23. Well, thats the ultimate party drink. You just toss it in a cooler with some ice and watch people lose their minds.
  24. please expound on amf 3/4 oz Vodka - 3/4 oz Gin - 3/4 oz Rum - 3/4 oz Tequila - 3/4 oz Triple Sec - 1 1/2 oz Sweet & Sour Mix - 2 splash(es) Cola - 1 dash(es) Blue Curacao - 1 wedge(s) Lemon 1 of those and your like :blink: , by the second you are like :shifty and if you can make it to 3 (which you can achieve by chugging the first 2 very quickly)... well there is no emoticon for it but youll have a great night, and wont remember a thing in the morning..... once the sugar hits you(about 2 minutes after the 3rd, youll probably puke or get real close) good times! Sounds like Jungle Juice, and the effects are about the same. 1 L Everclear? alcohol 5.25 L (3 1.75L bottles) vodka 1 bottle peach schnapps 1 pint Bacardi? 151 rum 1 bottle 99 Apples? apple schnapps 10 L Sprite? soda 1 L Sunny Delight? orange juice 1 L triple sec 1.75 L bottle gin 1 bottle DeKuyper? Sour Apple Pucker schnapps 4 bottles Boone's Farm? Strawberry Hill wine 8 L Hawaiian Punch? 2 containers orange juice concentrate Whooh, that'll have you feeling great in 3 cups.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.