Everything posted by Bucklin12
-
Next spring
Is RVH pitching in the winter leagues anywhere? All that kid needs is control and he'll be a solid 2-3, maybe even a lower tier 1. Nah, no winter ball for RVH. He could be a solid 2 or 3 in a couple years. I don't know about an ace, but he might have to be this year. His control will come with a couple years with of ML innings. I love watching that hammercurve.
-
Who will man 3b
I think we should look at Freddie Bynum from the O's.
-
Next spring
Ramp, you have any know on S. West? He's supposed to be good to go from the beginning of the season, correct?
-
Next spring
I really think Sinkbeil is in the mix, especially after his winter in Hawaii. he doesn't have an inning past A Ball I definitely don't feel like he is in the rotation opening day, but after some consistency in Carolina, I feel he will be on the radar. I mean, he's been throwing consistent innings for almost 6 years now at a higher competition (college ball) level than Volstad and Hurk. I wouldn't say consistent he's been hurt each of the last 3 years at some point but I do believe at some point in 2008, he'll get his shot... then again I expected to see Gaby last year You're right, he has been injured.
-
Next spring
I really think Sinkbeil is in the mix, especially after his winter in Hawaii. he doesn't have an inning past A Ball I definitely don't feel like he is in the rotation opening day, but after some consistency in Carolina, I feel he will be on the radar. I mean, he's been throwing consistent innings for almost 6 years now at a higher competition (college ball) level than Volstad and Hurk.
-
Next spring
I really think Sinkbeil is in the mix, especially after his winter in Hawaii.
-
Something many fail to realize...
I cannot find my black magic marker for the life of me...
-
Current lineup
Maybin* Hermida* Hanley* Hammer Jacobs Uggla 3B C P *That has to be the best young trio in baseball Miller Olsen Mitre Vanden Hurk Gaby/Volstad/Sinkbeil/Badenhop (yeah, 6'5" 220... solid)
-
Winter Meetings
The Winter Meetings begin today my friends. Send some good will towards Nashville.
-
AFL
AFL bat stats as of 10/25 Coghlan continues to blister the desert... .406 (13-32), 3 R, 5 RBI, 3 BB, 2 SO, SB (0 for 3) -- .916 OPS (.447 OBP) Hayes, has cooled off a bit as he has a couple hitless games. But from what I understand he is hitting the ball hard and playing well.. .242 (8-33), 4 R, 3 2B; 1 3B, 4 BB, 7 SO Jai completes the desert trifecta and has also been showing his growing power at the plate... .267 (12-45), 3 2B; 1 3B; 1 HR, 8 RBI, 2 R, 4 BB, 15 SO (ouch) The pitching we sent over has been dismal at best, with Nolasco leading the way allowing 7 ER in 11.2 IP. Scott Nestor has allowed 4 ER in 5.1 IP, and Molldrem is holding a ridiculous 11 ER in 6 IP.
-
Hawaii Winter League Preview: Marlins
Sinkbeil continues to tear it up, as he threw a 1 hitter threw 4 IP yesterday. He did walk 4, though. His stats for the AFL are below. They are very impressive. 2-0, 0.90 ERA, 20 IP, 11 H, 3 R (2 ER), 9 BB, 15 K, 1.00 WHIP Like to see him gain a little control and pick up the K's a bit. But none the less, a great Fall thus far.
-
A-Rod / Marlins Rumor Talk
This is dumb.
-
Hawaii Winter League Preview: Marlins
Sink had another start and got the W. Here's that games line as well as his Hawaii League's line... W - 5 IP - 3 H - 1 ER - 1 BB - 2 K Hawaii: 1-0, 1.64, 11 IP, 2 ER, 7 H, 4 BB, 8 K Jacob Marceaux's stat line as well... 0.00, 9.1 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 7 BB, 7 K, 1 SV
-
AFL
10/13 update... Brett Hayes: 0 for 3 Jai Miller: 0 for 3 (1 BB, 2 SO) Chris Coghlan: 2 for 3 (1 BB) The bats on the league season... Brett Hayes: 5 for 11, 2 R, 0 RBI, 2 BB, 1 SO (two 2B, one 3B) Jai Miller: 3 for 17, 0 R, 2 RBI, 3 BB, 8 SO (one 2B) Chris Coghlan: 3 for 5, 0 R, 0 RBI, 1 BB, 0 SO (two CS)
-
Reggie Abercrombie, Jose Garcia gone
Kool-aid will blitz it up somewhere. I'm confident we will look retarded because of this.
-
Serious 07-08 Fantasy Basketball League
Yeah, I don't know who its, but someone didn't register... so if you want to join, just post here or PM me. First one to do so will be in. Thanks Guys....
- AFL
-
Season Recaps
Thanks a ton man. I cannot wait to see Cousins and Coghlan in the FSL next year.
-
Miggy Trade Question
I mean, we can't seriously think we are contenders next year without major overhaul. I don't think Miguel and Dontrelle are going to last until May, so what other team can package the A talent prospects that fit our needs like TB can? Can the package be a little better than that? Of course it could... but not that much better. I didn't create the trade scenario... just heard it. I think a trade with TB would be funny. Miggy to another small market team would infuriate his agents. But Tampa has got to realize that it wouldn't be long term with him. He would be leaving when he is eligible for FA, and I doubt his agents will allow him to sign anything long term with any team that is not large market. They KNOW that a large market team gives Miggy the opportunity to at least triple his income with endorsements, etc... For this reason alone I think any trade with Tampa involving Miggy is pure rumor with no back bone to it. Would you trade the farm for a 2 year rental player?? TB would be in no way trading away the farm. Due to their expansion and all around suckiness they have the deepest and most talented system by a long shot.
-
Miggy Trade Question
1) We could do better 2) Miggy won't be traded "just because." 3) Tampa won't be looking to move the farm for a position player, especially a very expensive one Yeah, it's just something I heard through the grapevine, and not a reliable grapevine. I was just seeing if this has at all been heard somewhere else. With that being said, situational outcomes aside... I believe it's a fair talent trade-up. As of right now, no one can say that in the end Longoria won't be as good as Cabrera one day. No one can say he will be that good either, but he most definitely carries that elite caliber of talent. The rest of that package is nice I suppose, and is certainly helpful. I like Perez and McGee a lot. It's nothing of course, as there will be many other nothings through the winter. Evan Longoria has a lot of potential I personally love him as a prospect but you gotta be kidding! I mean, we can't seriously think we are contenders next year without major overhaul. I don't think Miguel and Dontrelle are going to last until May, so what other team can package the A talent prospects that fit our needs like TB can? Can the package be a little better than that? Of course it could... but not that much better. I didn't create the trade scenario... just heard it.
-
Miggy Trade Question
I'll take Longoria, Navarro, Mcgee, Upton, Davis, Kazmir. But Tb would be crazy to do that for one player, thats why its so tough to trade a guy like him. That can't be serious. That would be like us giving up Miggy, Hermida, Dontrelle, Gaby Hernandez, and RVH for Chipper Jones
-
Miggy Trade Question
1) We could do better 2) Miggy won't be traded "just because." 3) Tampa won't be looking to move the farm for a position player, especially a very expensive one Yeah, it's just something I heard through the grapevine, and not a reliable grapevine. I was just seeing if this has at all been heard somewhere else. With that being said, situational outcomes aside... I believe it's a fair talent trade-up. As of right now, no one can say that in the end Longoria won't be as good as Cabrera one day. No one can say he will be that good either, but he most definitely carries that elite caliber of talent. The rest of that package is nice I suppose, and is certainly helpful. I like Perez and McGee a lot. It's nothing of course, as there will be many other nothings through the winter.
-
Miggy Trade Question
I had a friend email me ask me if I heard anything on this front. He says he has heard something, but I am just checking to see if anyone else has seen this on the radar anywhere. Miggy / Mitre / Jai Miller for Evan Longoria, Jacob McGee, Wade Davis, Fernando Perez My understanding is that Longoria is untouchable as they are talking about moving Iwamura over to 2B to make room for him. But, untouchable is a funny word these days (see: Boston and Hanley). None the less, I don't know if TB would do this... but if this has some kind of merit whatsoever, I would do it in a heartbeat. Longoria, Davis, and possibly Perez would all be starting come opening day.
-
Serious 07-08 Fantasy Basketball League
Still need email addresses for... Lefty The Godfather Miggy is Great Once I get emails, I will send the info out.
-
Serious 07-08 Fantasy Basketball League
Yep, I got your email, just need... Marlins Phenom Miggy is Great FishFanInPA The Godfather