Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mave

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mave

  1. haha i just realized i said "he came into the game 6 times and blew a lead" i meant "he was put in 6 games and blew the lead each time" of course
  2. 9er's playing great tonight, hopefully he can get really hot down the this 11 game stretch left.
  3. Yea he has 6 blown saves but what team was he on? Oh the Rangers... And, what does it matter what team he's on? It's insignificant, if Urbina has 6 blown saves, that means he came into the game 6 times with a lead and blew it, I don't see how being on a particular team would reduce or enhance your chances of getting a save. edit : I sort of take that back, i just remembered an important factor. the rangers ballpark. is there anyway to find out if those 6 blown saves are at home? im just curious.
  4. Mave replied to g8trz2003's topic in Off-Topic
    Good review, the last track on Andre's CD is just 5 minutes of continous rapping, the beat reminds me of "Rosa Parks".
  5. I'm not sure if you still want to know how to use MLB.TV with proxies, but I'll let you know, I know some good free proxy sites. If you have AIM, IM me on "Maven Loves You". It's ridiculous MLB.TV would cancel your account for trying to view these games. I've been watching blacked out games for about 2 months now though.
  6. Mave replied to BIG Z's topic in Miami Marlins
    This was another Pavano Game. Loses one game and wins the other, Looses one game and wins the other. Its a pattern he seems to have! :banghead Well, I don't think you're giving Pavano enough credit. He has improved greatly this year (especially in the 2nd half) and is by far one of the better #5 starters in the league.
  7. Mave replied to BIG Z's topic in Miami Marlins
    Game still isn't over guys, you never know. Padilla looks like he's getting a little tired, they MUST score at least 2 runs in the 6th with the top of the order coming up.
  8. Mave replied to BIG Z's topic in Miami Marlins
    Alex has near-gold glove SS, and is gonna drive in 80 RBI with 17 home runs? What is wrong with that? Nothing, Willis#1 is craaazay.
  9. Mave replied to BIG Z's topic in Miami Marlins
    Well, I think everyone needs to accept the fact that Gonzalez is not a stud hitter, he will always hit .250ish, have some pop, and play some exceptional defense. I like Gonzalez, and I hope he can stay, he has good pop for a #8 hitter.
  10. Mave replied to BIG Z's topic in Miami Marlins
    Uhhh? Right.
  11. Mave replied to BIG Z's topic in Miami Marlins
    Would you let Wolf umpire behind the plate when his brother was on the mound? To answer your question, no, I wouldn't. I will admit it does seem kind of odd having Wolf behind the plate at Marlins games but to go out and say the Marlins lost because of Wolf's umpiring is ridiculous. Please guys, just use some logic and drop these conspiracy theories. It's so funny, you guys talk about a conflict of interest with Jim Wolf umpiring the games. Don't you think it's a conflict of interest for MARLINS FANS to be judging how good Jim Wolf is umpiring? Geez, every time Wolf made a semi-borderline call, you guys cry out "suspend Wolf!" Please. I watched the game too, and I saw plenty of borderline balls and strikes that went the Marlins way. But as a Marlin fan, you're not going to remember the calls that go our way, only the one's that didn't. Let's not blame Looper, who allowed 4 hits (all hit sharply) and didn't fool anybody. Let's not blame Conine who left 5 men on base. Naw...it's Jim Wolf's fault we lost. Please. AMEN.
  12. I still don't see what was so wrong about what Tommy said? Hmmm, maybe I'm missing something.
  13. because Ramp, it's um time to "step up" hahaha right.
  14. Would it make you feel better if Tommy ripped Looper and said Urbina should be the closer?
  15. Yeah, I don't understand what Tommy said wrong. What are you getting at, Arnie? Explain...
  16. Mave replied to BIG Z's topic in Miami Marlins
    I say we ban you from these boards. You are insane if you think Wolf is making calls against the Marlins on purpose.
  17. I think it's more like does McKeon want to manage here next year? I think Loria will definitely bring him back if McKeon wants to manage another year with the Marlins.
  18. ramp is right, yet again.
  19. yeah, i think people look into this type of stuff too much dont worry about it
  20. I was thinking "Cabs at least needs a flyball to bring in that run from 3rd" but damn im more than satisfied with a 3 run jack.
  21. Mave replied to g8trz2003's topic in Off-Topic
    This "album" is a collection of 2 solo projects by Big Boi & Andre 3000. Both discs are great. I'm listening to Andre's disc for the 4th time in a row right now. There is just a lot of great jazz, funk, pop, and even "techno" mixed in together and the result is really awesome. Andre's disc is the best, a lot of experimental "love songs" opposed to Big Boi's traditional rap mixed with a lot of horns and things of that sort. I think it's genius that both did solo projects yet still released it under the Outkast name. In conclusion, Outkast brings a fresh mix of funk and jazz to a stale mainstream hip hop scene.
  22. I didn't watch the TBS telecast, caught the game on PAX. TBS commentators bore me to death.
  23. I think you've forgotten he's played 146,149, and 121 games the last 3 yrs. I'm not saying the Marlins would be a better team with Cliff Floyd on the roster, I was simply saying I'd take him indiviusally over any other outfielder the Marlins have, despite his injuries. Encarnacion is NOT a better player than Cliff. Encarnacion is a 260-270 hitter, 20 hr, 80-90 rbi guy, although obviously his defense his greatly superior to cliff's, id still take cliff's power over encarnacion. Cliff is a 300 hitter, 30 hr, 100+ rbi and please, Conine? haha And how did Cliff do damage to the franchise on his way out?
  24. And why is that? Why do you think JP is more valuable than someone like Cliff Floyd? I'm just wondering out of curiosity...
  25. Looks like they just had to shed some 'fat' off the roster to make this team better. You've got to be kidding me. I'd take Floyd over any other outfielder on this team right now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.