Everything posted by batato
-
Redman Vs Castro who gets the nod?
lol No need...its true i forgot his name...after all he's been the invisable man for years now. And he does look red as an apple in our south florida heat. Still if you wanna have a baby over his name, feel free to do so...maybe go pound your head on the wall a few times. God someone got Red's name wrong :banghead
-
Redman Vs Castro who gets the nod?
He'll always be Redman to me....that boy turns into a tomato in the sun
-
Redman Vs Castro who gets the nod?
Castro -- about right .233 avg -- 7 hits -- 30 AB -- 2 doubles -- 4 homers -- 8 RBI's Redman -- Performing better than I expected. .367 avg -- 11 hits -- 30 AB -- 2 doubles -- 1 RBI -- no homers They both have 30 at bats...biggest difference I see so far is that Castro Provides RBI's..... realisticly in 30 at bats redman only has 4 more hits. It makes Red's avg look sweet though. Who would you rather see get the most playing time? My nod would goto Castro at this point.
-
Guess who's about to be a Tiger
Well we sure could've used him. No Doubt
-
Hank - Marlins best Sports Org in S. FL.
I heard some positive stuff about the Marlins come out of that radio station today as well. It wasnt FATASS though. Obviously someone in charge of Something over at that station had a talk with Chumps like Fatass and that Manvich character. but like everyone is saying here...only a matter of time...after all we're only weeks away from the start of the season...WHY should they be talking about the Duffins anyway.
-
Where do you want the stadium? Round 2
Frankly at this point....anywhere! Just get a stadium. I'd even travel down to that ballpark rotting away in homestead
-
Pierre's Beautiful Pinky...
Man if my pinky looked like that, I would call in sick for a year.
-
This site has more traffic on the official marlini
i dont post often here, but i do come everyday to read...I must admit some guys here know their shhhht.....that said lemme continue reading :banghead
-
Listen to Hank Goldber Right now
I hate FatAss.... I was flipping through stations and heard him on...so I listened for a few and WOW someone had just called asking FatAss what he thought about Marlins and New Stadium plans... Funny how FatAss quickly dismissed the question in one sentence and went to talking about how some race track was Not watered down properly. GIMME A BREAK....someone calls to talk about the Fish....and FatAss wants to change the subject to talk about Horses... Man what a Gambling Addict.... What Pisses me off is the fact that theres a sports station and they refuse to talk about the FISH.... All they talk about is the Low Life Dolphins and how they will go to the super Bowl.... Get a Clue...the dolphins will do the same thing they have done for the past decade....CHOKE
-
Home Depot/Stadium surveys
Home Depot will offer funds if the Marlins agree to change there names to the "FLORIDA Home Depots" btw Doom is better than open....i hate rain and i hate the heat
-
Lowell out 5-7 days
After the entire offseason its not gone.... This seems serious Nailed it This looks bad......
-
Gonzalez in Spring Training....
I guess. But it's still annoying. It's Spring Training for cryin' out loud and he still can't get a hit. Im glad you point this out...This Gonzo really shocked me early last season when he came out on fire. But he quickly went back to his normal form. For those who are expecting a 250 avg..... I say that we should expect more. Maybe not much more, but no less than 265 avg. i would love to see him post a 273 avg which is not entirely impossible if he works hard at hitting the ball in the gaps instead of trying to overpower it all the time. Well anyhow....He does worry me bud...not just cause of this short spring season start...but because of the way he approaches the at bats.
-
Castro's Homers
calm DOWN! (jonnylons) Btw I couldnt care 2 cents what you had enough of...take a hike LOL only one that seems to need some calming down here seems you...but then again your a forum fan and prob. attend 1 game a season if that... why dont you tell me how your a season ticket holder...or better yet how you attend more games then I do (if your lucky mommy buys you a ticket and takes you to a game) ... sure... just keep the post coming forum fan.. People like you are a hair above bandwagon fans
-
Castro's Homers
This was on deck before he hit his first of two homers I mentioned in the earlier post that beckett had the most part in the stolen bases...but if you where there you saw how weak those throws were as well...am i correct? Eitheir way its early....I hope this will become something that we will not hv to worry about anyhow. Just an observation from the Very first game...nothing to get TO concerned about......BUT something to look at in the coming weeks for sure
-
Castro's Homers
With the Marlins, Castro threw out 30.4% of base stealers in 2002, 37% in 2000, and 45% in 1999. For reference, Pudge's career average is about 47%. I wouldn't judge Ramon's arm strength after only one spring game. Pudges avg is over a Full season. How many actual attempts are the numbers your posting on castro....were there 30 steal attempts on those numbers?
-
Castro's Homers
Funny, I've never heard a single concern from anyone about Castro's arm. If Trader isn't concerned, I'm not concerned at all. Its easier to notice these things when your actually at the game rather than just reading articles in newspapers and forums bud..... Trader May be concerned and has just not said anything.....besides it IS only the beginning of spring training.....Castro must be given a chance to prove himself....he just may not be in top shape with his arm....My concern is just what i saw and spoke with other Real Marlin fans that attended the game like I did.
-
Castro's Homers
Did anyone here besides me goto the Game yesterday? I know its only exibition but it was the First Marlins game of the Season here in South Florida. I had to take the day off
-
Castro's Homers
At the first inning when i saw the runner beat his throw by a mile at 2nd i got a little concerned right away......but then the same runner steals 3rd without a problem. Now thats SCARY
-
Castro's Homers
I went to the Game Yesterday......AND YES Castro was impressive at the bat... And even though Beckett allowed to much of an edge to the runners....IF you where there you saw that Castro has NO arm....this concerns me Big time. His arm looks Weak...I can see anyone with decent speed running at will vs Castro.....I hope this is address by Castro and he can improve. He did get an out at 2nd finally ... But it wasnt because the throw beat the runner....it was because the runner let go of the bag. Let Us Pray....... Cause I'd like Castro to get to hit ... I to would be thrilled with Castro going 270 batting avg. Oh yeah ... and WELCOME BACK BASEBALL
-
Have a chance?
I think we hv a very solid chance....it can be unlikely of course, due to the fact that the phillies, yanks, boston, cubs and even stros have very strong teams as well, but we do hv a solid chance. I suppose alot depends on our unknown factors..... Choi factor---( will he learn to fend off inside heat ? ) Willis factor---- ( Will he give us 12-15 wins? ) Caberra factor----( Is he rdy for the big leagues for a full season ) Castro factor----- ( Can he play in the Majors as a starter .. Big IF ) Alex Gonzalez ---- ( Can YOU PLS give me some hits with runners on Base ) So...can we do it again...Sure...but if i was a betting man I'd say we have between a 15% - 20% chance.
-
Good Stuff on the Fish
Great stuff Marlins 2003 My only concern is the RICH pitching talent we Do have in the Farm system. I dont care to trade Young talented Pitchers from the farm like we did last year, But if we keep them, Who Goes??? I can't bear to lose AJ Burnett....and now Beckett, Palvano can go, but If Willis continues to impress, how can we let him go...then we hv Penny (a keeper in my book). So AJ, Beckett, and Willis must stay and who could forget about our Penny. But if one of these guys could be traded for a great young positional player...i just hope Penny's the one. I may be looking deeper into the future...maybe 2 to 3 years ahead....wondering how others feel about this senerio.
-
2004 Slogan Contest Round 2
The Florida Marlins: Shaking Hands With Bush Doesn't Mean We Like Him Yup ... wouldnt want the free world to think the champs back the slimball
-
Great Lebatard Article on Bashing Pudge
Guess good ole pudge will not get to kiss a man next season.....his wife must be thrilled
-
Pudge & Tigers
This is such a great story. When Pudge turned us down there were 3 places I'd like to see him go: Come back here in May, Japan and Detroit. This is hilarious! agreed.....go play with the japs or a loser team like the tigers....or come back here with your tail between your legs I actually hope he returns ... cant bear the idea of having to watch castro slump for an entire season (provided the raper isnt in jail)
-
Now that the starting roster seems set
Castro: .234, 14 HR's, 56 RBI, .310 OBP Choi: .265, 19 HR's, 77 RBI, .353 OBP Castillo: .277, 2 HR's, 31 RBI, .388 OBP Gonzalez: .264, 11 HR's, 41 RBI, .333 OBP Lowell: .310, 34 HR's, 126 RBI, .354 OBP Conine: .281, 19 HR's, 91 RBI, .346 OBP Pierre: .313, 0 HR, 26 RBI, .373 OBP Cabrera: .273, 26 HR's, 85 RBI, .301 OBP Beckett: 21-6, 2.67 Penny: 18-11, 3.65 Pavano: 18-13, 4.02 Willis: 16-14, 4.53 Burnett: 6-4, 3.14 Benitez: 2.44, 36 this is more realistic Castros no where near as good as people think.