Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fauowls44

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fauowls44

  1. Not really. They may need someone to give them multiple innings and Narveson and Jackson are gone/DLed.
  2. Found this cleaned up version on Chris Creamer's Logo forum. This isn't official, just something someone on the board came up with. It's not a bad logo and I don't dislike it...I'm just really used to the current logo. I can see how they can do some cool things with it. I'll wait to see the final designs before making a judgement.
  3. I would assume Urena most likely.
  4. Doubt they give any thought to him moving to the rotation. He's been great in the setup role so far. No reason to move him out of it. With having Barraclough, Phelps, Ramos finish off games, the back end of the bullpen certainly looks a lot better than the start of the year at least. I still have no idea what the point of McGowan and Narveson making the opening day roster was.
  5. Well at least it only took them 13 games to realize that McGowan and Narveson shouldn't be on an MLB roster. I like Urena pitching out of the pen. At least they have 2 guys who can throw in the upper 90's in the back end of the pen now.
  6. I have not forgotten that. I actually think there's a decent chance Narveson can be at least Dunn's equal. But we all know that Dunn will be back when healthy.
  7. Well to be fair, Narveson is only there until Dunn comes off the DL, which sounds like it could be in about a week. McGowan was apparently a Mattingly favorite....and Benedict wanted Jackson this offseason. So I'll give them some benefit of the doubt for now. Still, I'd rather they have at least Barraclough in there...but I'm sure he'll be up soon if he has a few good outings and there is a need.
  8. I'm guessing that the makeup of the pen will change a few times during the season. If these pitchers don't work out, I'm sure they will make changes fairly quickly.
  9. Bullpens are so weird...so who knows. If any of these guys struggle, then Barraclough, Ege, Ellington, or Wittgren will be up.
  10. Most likely hoping he pitches well enough so someone will trade for him since he's out of options....but he's not really cooperating .
  11. May as well wait a few days to see if anyone else is cut free. It's very possible that pitchers better than Cotts will be available this coming week.
  12. I get Barraclough and Ellington...who was the 3rd? I wish the command was a little bit sharper for both, because there was an opportunity for them to make the team. Hopefully they have someone in mind that isn't on the roster yet because the other options currently on the team don't inspire much confidence.
  13. No way Hand makes this team. Assuming we go with a 7 man pen, the pitchers would be Ramos, Morris, Dunn, Breslow, Jackson, and Phelps. That leaves one more spot and I doubt they give it to another long reliever. So who's left in camp to take that spot? Perhaps it's Ogando or McGowan, but more likely it's someone not on this team yet.
  14. No...I'm not overly concerned about 25 Grapefruit League ABs. You'd like to see less Ks, but then again it's March and a good number of those ABs are against the Mets top 2 starters who are hard to hit any time, let alone before you get your timing down.
  15. Yeah, I'm not sure I'd consider someone with a 3.54 ERA in 53 career starts as having a "general lack of success at the Big League level". He had a tough year last year with the illness, but I think he's going to be a good middle of the rotation guy.
  16. Good points. Speaking of deals...any news on a naming rights deal? Still have a chance to happen before this season? You'd think they can get one before the All Star game...
  17. The injury risk is a fair concern, but the opposite is also true. His value only goes up if he puts up a full season. I also don't think this situation is necessarily unique. The Rays were in the same situation with Price a few years ago. They traded him with 1.5 years left before free agency. The A's traded Hudson, Zito, and Mulder at around the same service time. I think the thing to do is hold onto him for at least this year and try to win as much as possible. The time will come to make this decision, but a lot can happen before it's necessary to worry about it.
  18. I wouldn't be in any hurry to trade him. He's still 3 years from free agency. That's an eternity in sports. What if this team wins? What if we sign a new TV deal? What if Loria sells the team? Point is, there's no reason to rush into anything with Jose right now. His value won't be dramatically different a year from now. Besides, how about we see a full healthy season and then talk about how much he's going to get in free agency 3 years from now?
  19. My guess is Breslow will compete with Hand and the other young lefties for the 2nd LH spot in the pen...although I'd love to get rid of Dunn entirely, but that seems unlikely at this point. Seems like they are still bargain hunting for rotation depth (i.e. Minor League deal). Of the available options at that price, I'd take a chance on Alfredo Simon.
  20. Doubt it since they are reportedly still pursuing another starter.
  21. Which makes you wonder why he would even take this job unless he was going to have a bigger role in the future.
  22. He hasn't been good against LHH the last 2 years, but who knows with relievers...maybe he'll have a good year. Either way, not a bad gamble at the price.
  23. The weird part is that Tommy was probably going to start cutting down on his amount of games anyway. They could have just phased him out slowly starting this season.
  24. Why would they have to wait until 2017 to hire Leiter full time? Is he under contract elsewhere until then?
  25. Tommy wasn't with the franchise since day 1...but yeah, I still don't get the rationale for doing this.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.