Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fauowls44

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fauowls44

  1. Not a bad gamble for $3 million. Can also be a long reliever out of the pen. Also, we won't have to face him next year, so that's a plus I guess.
  2. Per Ken Rosenthal. Makes sense given the Pirates connection.
  3. To be honest, this seems like something an agent would put out there to try and get teams to start making offers for a free agent with a draft pick attached. If the Marlins did this, it would be just another signal that Loria doesn't care about the future because he'd be selling soon...which is actually something I would gladly trade a 1st round pick for...
  4. I'm good with that too.
  5. Apparently the DBacks gave him a multi-year deal, which I'm guessing we weren't willing to do.
  6. Guess we are in the market for a backup C. Just looking at the list of free agents, I wonder if Mattingly would like to bring in AJ Ellis.
  7. Heyman says he signed with Arizona.
  8. By all in, I mean, somehow acquiring another SP and perhaps spending money on a reliever (they are seemingly intrigued by Jensen). Obviously, they are limited in what they can do by the poor farm system...but I think Loria will at least make the attempt to be competitive this year. Hopefully by mid-season there will be news of the team being up for sale....at least that's my dream scenario...
  9. Still think he's willing to go all in this year because he's selling next year.
  10. Probably Volquez, but I'm holding out hope of team being for sale until told otherwise...
  11. I don't think I would mind Phelps starting if we could add another bullpen arm (Jensen?).
  12. http://calltothepen.com/2016/11/27/mlb-free-agency-why-edinson-volquez-is-the-best-buy-low-option/
  13. Well maybe I'm reading too much into this, but this was interesting: That makes it sound like more than someone wanting to buy the team and being told it's not for sale. Hopefully this is the start of the sale process.
  14. Well no, but apparently his investment firm discussed it. Article says a deal isn't moving forward, but could this be the first signs of Loria finally selling?? http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2016/11/17/mitt-romney-solamere-capital-mulled-purchase-marlins/xhXIsSlbmCnB4cJRrLrtKL/story.html
  15. In a good way, hopefully...
  16. Maybe you are right...just don't think you (or anyone else) have any way of knowing one way or the other after 1 year.
  17. Not really sure you can say he sucks after 1 year on the job. I think his work is more of a long-term project when it comes to changing the way pitchers do things.
  18. The Phillies just declined the option on Charlie Morton. I would think he could be a rotation option for us if he's healthy given the Benedict connection.
  19. The problem is that he's not even that cheap any more. For $2 million, you consider it. But with incentives now, the option is more like $4.5 million...and he certainly isn't worth that given the way he pitched here. I'd rather use that money toward the rotation.
  20. I guess it's something Mattingly does every year.
  21. I heard that on the broadcast and then Rich stopped the story...maybe he wasn't supposed to say anything? My first thought was maybe they'd announce his extension tomorrow and name him captain.
  22. I'd have to think they know they'll need to pay for pitching this offseason. Tragically, we have the money it would have cost for Jose available now to spend. Plus with the All Star game, a year closer to a new TV deal, maybe naming rights, and hopefully Loria selling soon, I think they will be willing to spend this offseason. We'll see...
  23. Sure there are. Obviously you can't replace Jose, but there are pitchers out there that are upgrades for this rotation....just have to identify the right pitchers. They invested heavily in Jim Benedict last offseason. He'll have to earn his money this year. Free agent-wise, I can see us going after Hellickson or Nova...definitely Gio Gonzalez if he shakes free. No idea what the trade market will have available.
  24. Good. With Prado locked up, they need to focus on pitching (2 starters and a lefty reliever at the minimum) and a right handed bat off the bench better than Johnson that can play first with Bour.
  25. I'd have no problem if Phelps ends up starting next season, but the offseason goal should be to add 2 starters.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.