Your off-season shopping spree

Admin

Free agency and trades included.

Who do you want the fish to acquire this off-season and if its a trade, please propose what you would trade for them. Be realistic. Regardless of if you think the fish will or won't do it. What do YOU think they should do?

Sign Lourdes Gurriel (then throw away Adeiny Hechavarria)

Sign Jose Bautista (after trading Marcell Ozuna and Cleveland's choice of position player "prospect" to Cleveland for Trevor Bauer and Ryan Merrit)

Sign Ivan Nova (and get Benedict to keep doing whatever it was the Pirates did to him)

Only guy I feel it's a must to go after is gio gonzalez if the nationals don't pick up his option

Gio would frustrate us quite a lot and he is fairly average of late however he's still a hell of a lot better than some of the guys currently contending for a rotation spot so if available, I'm all for it. 

Keep Ozuna, there is not a replacement for him, not in the system or FA

See what Ramos can get us, plenty of bullpen depth on the team. And it hurts me to say because I love Deets, but see what he gets us as well.

Same issue with Hech as I don't see a replacement, maybe Alcides Escobar? Doubt we sign Gurriel. 

Trade Marcell Ozuna, Adeiny Hechavarria and Kendry Flores to Rays for Willy Adames (long term answer at SS come 2018, maybe as early as second half next year and their top prospect) and Brandon Koch (starter that isn't far away and had a great year this year, jumping two levels). This is where we attempt to rebuild our minor league system a bit.

Sign Andres Blanco to play SS as stopgap. Plays virtually anywhere on IF, plus DRS at SS, hit for awesome power in Philly. Would probably even out a bit here but would still be above average as well as above average BA. Does enough at plate with the kind of defense he plays. Basically an older and better version of Hech.

Give Xavier Scruggs a chance in LF. Look, whether you like this guy as much as I do or you hate him, he was drafted and came up as one of the top power hitting prospects in baseball. He took a bit to develop but appears to be there now. He is plenty capable of playing left and has had experience there before. Capable speed to cover the ground out there, especially for his size and will do more than enough with the bat if given the true shot.

Pursue Doug Fister to fill out one of the back of the rotation spots. Struggled in hitter's haven Houston this year and posted a career low K/BB which will probably allow him to come pretty cheap but he still had a positive 1.1 WAR and he was a Cy Young candidate in 2014. Spent a lot of 2015 in dugout but also wasn't bad with a 4.19 ERA by way of his second highest career BABIP against (.310). Despite ups and downs, he's never had a negative WAR year. The pure value he should come at not to mention the fact he'd be pitching in the most pitcher friendly park he ever has if he signs makes him a pretty obvious choice to pursue.

what would it take to get us Chris Archer or Jake Odorizzi? pipe dream?

thinking of picking Jeremy Hellickson but we might loose the 14th pick by signing him.

Desmond can play SS or Outfield, Jon Jay could be a replacement for Ozuna, I like the idea on bringing Gio over. Carlos Gomez n Trumbo another choice for the outfield

and bring in Chapman to replace Ramos n Rodney.

what would it take to get us Chris Archer or Jake Odorizzi? pipe dream?

thinking of picking Jeremy Hellickson but we might loose the 14th pick by signing him.

Desmond can play SS or Outfield, Jon Jay could be a replacement for Ozuna, I like the idea on bringing Gio over. Carlos Gomez n Trumbo another choice for the outfield

and bring in Chapman to replace Ramos n Rodney.

a4aa6f8b37ba704acb75f85112c25825.jpg

Trade Ozuna straight up for Trout. Should be doable.

OK, OK, you're right, Ozuna for Trout and Simmons. Keep Hech on the bench as a defensive replacement in the later innings with Rojas and Dietrich and stuff.

Then Koehler for Kershaw. Koehler is deeper in the alphabet so the Dodgers should bite on this. They'll also pay Kershaw's salary.

Finally, Nicolino for Syndergaard. Use Jedi Mind Tricks to tell the Mets that Nicolino is the better prospect for the future.

Offseason done.