Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fauowls44

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fauowls44

  1. He's walked 9 since July 1st and 4 were in 1 game. He's been fine otherwise. Not saying he's great (I haven't watched him pitch enough), but his numbers against lefties are good (also were good in the minors) and the return wasn't much. Mader isn't nothing, but you hope that one day he becomes what Cervenka is now.
  2. Didn't say he was great. But he seems to me a legit MLB lefty reliever...which they don't have in the system...except for Dunn (maybe).
  3. Lefties are 9 for 62 against him this year with 6 years of control. Giving up a mediocre prospect for him is fine as long as they use him properly.
  4. For what it's worth, Passan tweeted today that while Naylor is the bigger name, Castillo was the best player the Padres received.
  5. Per Rosenthal...so yeah
  6. Castillo coming back
  7. The rumor is that Hard Rock is one of, if not the leading, candidates for the naming rights to the renovated stadium. Hard Rock Miami Stadium or something like that would actually be a pretty cool corporate name as far as corporate names go.
  8. The stadium renovation is coming along...Looks good. Seems like this will be a massive improvement when it's all done. Still one more phase to go after this upcoming season.
  9. To be fair, the Marlins were proven right about Henderson Alvarez coming off an injury...they do have more information about this thing than anyone. Perhaps they just feel he'll never be able to remain healthy with that delivery. It is violent and he hasn't stayed healthy yet in his career.
  10. Mike Dunn or Cosart would be my guess.
  11. Naylor is in the deal according to Rosenthal. I'm not crazy about that. Cashner is an upgrade. Rea at least is under team control for a long time.
  12. I'd trade Naylor, but not for a rental. Cashier is a free agent after the season.
  13. Andy Slater says Chen won't start on Monday. Doesn't say how serious.
  14. 3rd rounder Thomas Jones has signed. $1 million bonus. He was also a Vandy commit. I assume that Garrett will be next.
  15. Yup...and the rest of the games remain 25% off. I'm sure they have been burned by promos like this before and MLB capped it. I guess a single game offer is fine for this sort of thing, but when you do it for multiple games, you run the risk of really ticking off season ticket holders.
  16. Apparently the offer last night was run through MLB which operates the site and their rules are the offer can't be for more than 25% off. So bad job by the team for not noting that on the original email...but to make up for it, the Marlins are running a new promo honoring the 61% off prices for the 7/29 game. So at least they did a good job correcting the issue quickly.
  17. Thanks. I just don't get the negative reaction to matching the deal. No reason to develop the guy to this point and then let him walk for nothing. It would be a waste of an asset. He can still be traded in a year to a team with cap space and his contract will be the same structure the Nets would have had ($12.5 million a year). Or best case, he becomes a quality starting SG...either way, it's better to have him than not...especially without Wade.
  18. There's very little risk in matching the TJ deal. He's getting less than $6 million the next 2 years...and 2 years is a lifetime in the NBA. The contract doesn't balloon until year 3. He'll either be starting and worth it, traded, or amnestied (there will likely be an amnesty clause in the next CBA). Of course I'd have preferred Wade had stayed, but I think this could be a fun team next year. They are certainly signing players to play at the pace that Dragic and Spo have said they want to play.
  19. The only player I remember it going to wire with lately was Heaney. Everyone else has signed pretty quick. With the way the draft is now, the signing drama is fairly limited. I doubt this doesn't get done quickly, if a contract already isn't in place.
  20. I wouldn't worry about him not signing. If they weren't 100% sure he was going to sign, they probably would have taken someone like Collins from UM instead.
  21. Hopefully we don't need to make a move but Ruben Tejada was just released and Alex Guerrero was DFA'd.
  22. Well they did bring back very good value in this trade. McCann has a lot of upside and they get a high 2nd rounder as well. They are obviously going to target defensemen in free agency where they can likely find a similar player to Gudbranson for less than what it would cost to keep him long term. I still think they re-sign Campbell as well.
  23. I feel like the New Times has run some version of this story before.
  24. Yeah, seems pretty obvious that they prefer waiting for Dunn to be ready to signing any of the lefties off the scrap heap. I don't disagree...I just wish we could have had 1 competent lefty somewhere in the system that we could rely on.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.