Is it time to sit Choi or.........

even worst send him down? Admin Sutton is NOT a prospect, but you can't ignore what he's doing down on the farm either. Niner needs to be in the line-up. So what to do?

IMO, start Niner at 1st, move Abe to LF......

or work on a trade :hat

but its time. The kid needs at bat...just not here

I could be wrong :confused

Guest Juanky

Everyone slumps. Move him down in the lineup until he is more patient, then the results will come back. No need to overreact.

You hit it right on the nail. Start Conine at 1st and move Nunez to LF. Then work on a trade to get Cabrera and/or Kendall :p

The one aspect of our bench that was attractive is the number of options we have. Giving Nunez a chance by putting Conine at first for awhile makes good sense. Now whether Jack is ready to depart that far from the original game plan is another thing completely.

Everyone slumps. Move him down in the lineup until he is more patient, then the results will come back. No need to overreact.

Juanky I disagree, I think his too patient. He'll get in that 2-2, 1-2, or even 3-2 hole and not be able to pull the tigger. IMO he has alot trouble seeing the difference between a fastball on the outside corner and a slider moving away from him. He doesn't adjust his swing in those pitcher count.

As far as moving him down in the line-up, do you want to see a bottom of the order of Choi, Castro, Gonzo, and the pitcher! :thumbdown

It's tough, but you need to make a move now! or just play catch up this summer with the Phillies.

Also I agree keeping him in and out of the line-up doesn't help him at all.

HAVE YOU ALL GONE MAD!!! :blink:

Now is the time to show your commitment to Choi and help re-affirm his confidence. The guy has been pretty damn good thus far and has shown excellent power and an ability to hit in the clutch. He is STILL YOUNG and will struggle from time to time. Even Cabs is going to struggle. But the second a guy struggles, you dont send him down or something extreme, you help him work through it. You also try and win without him and keep his struggles as limited as possible WITHOUT destroying his ability to play the game.

What you guys want is exactly what Dusty Baker did last year. No, you PLAY Choi, and you make him feel safe that this is his job and his team.

Damn guys, it is sooooo early. Things are not perfect, but this team is far from out of contention. Chill OUT! :banghead

Guest Juanky

I say stick him in the lineup EVERY DAY. No more of this platooning garbage, because it is hurting him alot more than it is helping the team. It isn't like Wil Cordero is going to win a Silver Slugger any time soon, and if we want him to be able to hit lefties now and in the future he needs to see them.

Plus it is not very easy to get in sync when you have splinters on your butt because you sit every third day.

I say stick him in the lineup EVERY DAY. No more of this platooning garbage, because it is hurting him alot more than it is helping the team. It isn't like Wil Cordero is going to win a Silver Slugger any time soon, and if we want him to be able to hit lefties now and in the future he needs to see them.

Plus it is not very easy to get in sync when you have splinters on your butt because you sit every third day.

AF'nMen!

I think Choi has struggled because Jack was getting too cute with the lineup.

do my eyes deceive me?

are you freakin kidding me?

when we traded my boy DLEE for choi most of you were like alright yea we got choi, he is the freakin man....wooo....

but there were some haters ( me )

i am starting to like choi alot. he has great power and he is one of those guys that are not gonna get it together for like another 2-3 years.

you just gotta be patient....do not trade him away.....so much for you choi lovers.

o yeah another thing.....i am starting to become a beckett hater.

my brother Jrgti33 told me something very important today.

he said that when tom glavine and john smoltz and even greg maddux started off their careers in the bigs they sucked so bad....like really bad.

like " Darren Oliver bad times 2 "

but then he said the same thing is happening to beckett.

then i realized guys c'mon.....he is 24 and was drafted outta high school.

he is struggling cuz he is still learning how to pitch....he is still getting it together.

trust me like when he 26-27 he will have the stuff of a true cy young.

so what i am saying is relax on josh and choi.

some of you make me sick with some of your posts.....P.S. i am no longer a beckett hater.....