Manzanillo get the call to the show

Ramp

From Rotoworld:

Marlins purchased the contract of RHP Josias Manzanillo from Triple-A Albuquerque.

Manzanillo had a 5.25 ERA in 12 innings since being signed to a minor league deal last month. There's little reason for optimism that this is going to work out well. Jun. 16 - 5:07 p

Marlins optioned LHP Tommy Phelps to Triple-A Albuquerque.

It's pretty surprising that the Marlins have decided to keep Ben Howard, Toby Borland and Mike Neu over Phelps , who was pretty effective as a reliever before struggling in two of his four starts. He'll be back. Jun. 16 - 5:11 pm et

I agree totally with Rotoworld's assessment of both these moves. Tejera for Bump would have made more sense.

Is this guy in MVP Baseball? I really don't wanna make another person.

>__>

Let's remember guys, IN JACK WE TRUST!

No he's not, lol. I found him on the Reds. Woo!

On topic, this is a STUPID move. Phelps barely had a chance in the BP. Bump pitched his way to the minors, not Phelps. Wow.

I think Bump is put in the wrong situations. McKeon has not used our bullpen correctly. Overmanaging too much.

i dont think its that he isn't using them correctly...... i think its that he doesnt have any options so he is forced to misuse guys

now, this is for the most part

he should have left howard in there yesterday, that was overmanaging

Bump got the out. I think if he is only used to start an inning, it would be alot better. Let him get himself out of his own jams, not others.

he is a reliever.

relievers are supposed to get out of other people's jams also.

thats the nature of the damn job. Das, he can't handle it. I don't get why he starts innings with Borland who can't get the job done completely.

Surprising Phelps was sent down. He has been shelled over the past few weeks and the upcoming schedule isn't very favorable to him in that hasn't done well against batters he's never faced before. But if you're going to send down a lefty, it should be Perisho.

Bump should be traded. He's a good kid, but Jack, the defense and Pro Player's short infield grass aren't doing anything to help him.

I like Bump to improve, but Jack needs to manage our bullpen better. If he doesn't, we need to keep it together because there is talent there and Jack will retire after the year is over.

The bullpen other than the lack of Armando, Pooper Looper, Helling, Borland, Howard and Urbina, was the same in the playoffs.

I agree. McKeon isn't misusing this bullpen, it just isn't very good. He's searching for anyone besides Benitez that can come in, throw strikes and get outs.

As for today's move, i'm willing to give anyone a shot.

Tejera not getting the call up doesn't really bother me. Everyone hated the guy last year, so why are you so upset that he's not up this year? Plus he's a lefty and if they were going to keep a third lefty in the pen, they would not have sent down Phelps.

They will still have to make a few more moves this week with Beckett and Wayne coming back. So what is everyone's thoughts on who's next on the plane back to Albuquerque?