Possible offer to Pavano

NirvanaNole

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but what the hell...

Article

? There's speculation among Marlins players that the team will offer Carl Pavano a three-year deal for around $22 million.

? Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria surprised daughter Samantha at her wedding at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York by hiring singer Jon Bon Jovi to perform for an hour.

• There's speculation among Marlins players that the team will offer Carl Pavano a three-year deal for around $22 million.

536177[/snapback]

holy BARGAIN batman!

536323[/snapback]

exactly, I would be shocked if Pavano takes that. He'll be able to get more years and way more money in the Free Agent market.

I wouldn't mind if he took it though. :whistle

? There's speculation among Marlins players that the team will offer Carl Pavano a three-year deal for around $22 million.

536177[/snapback]

holy BARGAIN batman!

536323[/snapback]

If we do offer him that, hopefully he'll accept it. If the Yanks keep pitching the way they are, they may offer him $15 million a year. :lol

I'd actually be surprised if he signs for significantly more than that [/i]anywhere. Garcia got about that from the Sox (and Garcia's perceived value is much higher than Pavano's), factor that in with the fact that Pavano isn't the most desireable pitcher on the market (Pedro) and his leverage isn't huge.

Go ahead and disagree, but Pedro will walk away with the biggest contract, but the biggest thing that we're giving Pavano is a short term deal. Remember, he'll only be 31 at the end of this proposed three year deal, meaning he still has at least one more big pay-day in his future...