Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

i was at school during PE class when i saw my teacher crying and asked what had happen and she said, "washington and new york have been attacked, that's all i could tell you, we are at war."

I was sleeping since I didn't have class that day and my Mom woke me up and told me and I remember being annoyed at first at being woken up. Then what happened sunk in and I spent the morning watching the news and being terrified. Then I went online. :plain

In Biology class, the teacher walked out and they were all talkin to each other I was like.....da f***?

I was at work that day (I work at a grocery store). My store manager came up to me and said a plane hit one of the towers (this had to be around 9am). I thought it was a small passenger plane but then others told me more and more throughout the day. I went over to the diner across the street around 11 on my break where I saw the towers had fell.

 

Around noon or so the store got PACKED. All the water was bought and other vital things. I remember getting subway that night where a bunch of people were outside talking about it.

 

I'll never forget that day.

 

Edit: I remember all the rumors going around like they were going after the Sears Tower, planes headed to L.A., 10 planes not accounted for, etc. It was some scary s***.

 

I don't think I've ever cried like that for something that didn't involve me.

i was walking in to my english class right after morning announcments and she has a tv always on for the announcements and she happened to have the tv on the news and we were all watching it as it unfolded.

I was just getting to school as tower 1 was hit, tower 2 was hit about 15 min later......once the pentagon was hit, my mom picked me up (school was all let out 10 min later anyways) and I came home and watched the news in horror the rest of the day in my room.

 

Scary day, especially with all the rumors that kept going around. I don't think it sunk in that day what was going on, it was just unfathomable to see that happen on our own soil, it was a war zone.

 

It was amazing, I went to the site of the towers almost 2 years after 9/11/01, and buildings were still damaged and charred and the "pit" was so large, just incredibly sad stuff to see.....

I was in 8th grade, was in history class. My teacher was talkin about how one day something in this modern date will go down in the history books and like 5 seconds later they talked in and told us to put the news. And we saw the 2nd plane hit the tower live. I will never forget that day.

i was in my dormroom(freshman year at IU)

 

i had skipped my early morning class to get more shuteye but i awoke to complete craziness on my floor when tower 1 was hit

I was in history class... and the announcements came on saying "...and our hearts go out to all those in new york". My teacher didn't know what was going on, so after the announcements ended he turned on the tv. Right then and there, the news anchors were talking about how the plane hit the towers due to fog or something like that... and that's when the second plane hit. So we knew right then and there that we were being attacked... This was in 9th grade btw.

I was at home asleep and just happened to awake to the sound of Dan Rather on my sportsradio station I listen to when I'm going to bed, which threw me off enough to wake up and see what was going on.

 

I had to wake the parents and inform them and we proceeded to watch in horror.

 

The main thing I remember is my dad actually thinking my college would still be open so we went down there to pay my tuition for the quarter, that was surreal. The outerbelt of Columbus, normally packed, we saw maybe 5 cars the entire time. Downtown looked like a ghost town, everyone got out of the few highrises we have almost immediately.

 

It's the only "where were you" event of my lifetime and I hope it's the last.

A bunch of complete morons in my school were discussing how China attack the World Trade Center.

I tried to explain how it was probably mid-east terrrorists, but no one would listen to me until our history teacher finally set everything straight.

 

When I got home I watched the fair and balanced Fox News Channel the entire evening.

I was at work that morning. We have an internal instant messenger that we use and I remember getting bombarded with IM's with everyone telling me what was happening... I tried going to CNN.COM, but they were getting hit so hard, I couldn't get to it. We ended up finding a radio at the office and listening to it.

 

I had to work the entire day, but I don't think anybody got anything done. I honestly didn't feel like working for weeks after it happened. I'm a Systems Analyst for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line and I honestly didn't care about technical problems on the ships. I just didn't feel like doing anything.

 

I do remember on thing that night. I was watching TV and they showed a bunch of people from the White House, I believe, standing in front singing God Bless America, holding hands. That gave me the chills.

 

It really sunk in when the media started getting tapes of people's voice mails to their families. That's when the tears started to flow.

Sitting in my AP World History class when the Government teacher next door came in and said a plane crashed into the World Trade Center. I just assumed it was a little puddle jumper, but obviously when we turned on the TV I was proven wrong.

 

:(

I was a junior in high school, and I was actually in my gym class playing Frisbee when my teacher came in and mentioned something about it; he and I kinda assumed that it was a puddlejumper (like it looks like most of the people here thought too). As the day went on, of course, we found out otherwise.

It was kinda creepy living only about two hours from NYC because there were a lot of people in the school and community who knew people who worked in the city, worked in the buildings, etc.

One of the things I will never forget is the local news doing a special that night and the next day, going to one of the main train stations in the state that takes workers to NYC (New Haven, which is only about 25 minutes from my house). They had a camera crew doing scans of the parking lot, seeing which cars still hadn't been claimed, which were of people who worked in WTC and never came home. That was a pretty powerful thing.

I was just leavining my History Class when a plane hit one of the towers then the bell rung to go to the next class so we did without thinking much of it. I think most of us thought it was just a small private plane that hit and not muhc would happen but then when I got to Math she had the tv on and the other plane had struck, thats when I figured out what was happening.

I was in 6th grade in English class when our principal came in and told us a plane hit the WTC. i was thinking wtf? How could a plane accidentally fly into the WTC. About 5-10 minutes later he said another plane flew into the WTC, and that's when it hit me............. we were under attack.

The thing is.................. I think that i was alittle too young to understand the magnitude of what just happend, and the severe damage and lost lives it would cause. If I was immature, or just nieve I thought that this would just blow over in a few days, and I laid in bed watching T.V. wishing Sportscenter would came. It actually took about a year, to realize how stupid I was, and how much of a horrrible day I lived on was.

 

God Bless America.

Sitting in Science class, when my teacher recieved a phone call of the news. He turned on the T.V. and everyone was just stunned. One girl was crying hysterically because apparently her father was in the building, we found out later that he was OK though.

 

I'll Never forget it, one of those things that'll stick with you as long as you live

I was in 11th grade in Sports Marketing at the time. It was weird because in the beginning of the class which started at about 9:10 a guy said to the class did you hear a small plane ran into the World Trade Center, and everyone was like yeah I'm bet it did so we didn't hear anything and got on the computers and the internet was incredibly slow so we couldn't go anywhere, and about 30 mintues into the class the teach announced what had happened. I'll never forget the way her voice was trembling and how she was kind of shaking.

 

So our school was locked down, no one could do anything because we are about 35 miles fromt he Pentagon and there is a military base about 4-5 miles away. A lot of kids parents work at the pentagon that went to my school so it was a freaky day.

 

The scariest thing to do is listen to what happened on the radio. Pictures are crazy but for most of the day I listened to the radio until I got home. One day no one will ever forget for sure. Its our generation's, do you know where you were when JFK was killed

I was takin out of Grammar class (5th grade)

 

I was like Whats going on when my father told me "Some wierd stuff was going on". I was like Oh..

In school. I went to chorus class and every1 was tellin me about it. i didnt even knoe wat the wtc was. clueless me.I thought it was a joke, until they turned on the tv. We spent the whole day wathing it and every parent went to pick up their kids.

I was walking from my first period algebra class to my American History class laughing and talking with some friends when I opened the door and saw my history teacher staring at the television. I enter the room and go to my desk not noticing anything more. Then I look at the television and see the Twin Towers on fire and Bryant Gumbel babbling something about France., This confused me and most of the class into thinking my teacher was using one of those Cable in the Classroom programs for history. No one in the classroom believed it was true as it made no sense for it to happen. Later when the Pentagon was hit and we noticed that when you changed the channels they all had the same thing, is when the class realized that it was true.

9/11 really hit home at 3 seperate times that day.

 

1) In the afternoon when CBS4 and NBC6 both had cameras as police raided neighborhoods all over South Florida for evidence on the hijackers.

 

2) When nightfall came on New York City and I was watching WB39 which was airing the WB11 10pm news from New York and how they used all their cameras around the city to show just how different it was.

 

3) When the Miami Herald printed this Special Edition, anyone that lives in Miami knows the Herald rarely prints special editions.

I skipped school to go watch the Oakland Raiders @ Coldorado Rockies game needless to say the Raiders won. :plain After the game I went to get some advice on steroid usage from Bill Romanawski then he told me bout what happened early that day. :plain

 

 

 

 

 

 

Really I was at school I go to a lil Christian school so the Principal got us alll together and told us all what happened I really wasn't listening to him.So I didn't know what the heck happened til I got home.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.