Miguel Cabrera OF $375,000#

Tim Spooneybarger RHP $350,000

Chad Bentz LHP $320,000*

Antonio Alfonseca RHP $316,000##

Chris Aguila OF $316,000#

ON FIELD GUARANTEED PAYROLL: $54.177 million

Mike Hampton/Pudge Rodriguez money: $10.5 million****

TOTAL: $64.677 million

Plus Mecir.. 1.1 mil so 65.7 is final payrol right?

* Minor league deal

** Leiter's $3M signing bonus is deferred without interest ($1M in 2007, $2M in 2008); $1M donation to Leiter's Landing payable in annual $250,000 installments from 2005-'08

*** $750,000 of Valdez's contract is deferred without interest

**** Marlins pay $11 million and get $2.5 million from Rockies; Marlins owe Rodriguez $2 million in deferred money from 2003 salary

# Projected salary for players under the team's control

## Can make an additional $1.7 million in easily reachable incentives based on appearances

So for next year.. just winging it:

66 mil (rounded) + Delgado (12 mil, [from 4 to 16]) - Hampton/Pudge (10.5) - Leiter (8 mil) - Conine (3 mil) - Encarnacion (4.5 mil, rounded)

= 52 million for 2006?

= 52 million for 2006?

678123[/snapback]

hopefully we'll free up enough to resign AJ. Hermida will replace Conine/Enc, and I think we'll be able to fill the last 2 spots in the rotation with two of our top pitching prospects. Olsen, Bazardo, Kensing, Vargas, and Tankersley. I think at least 2 of those guys should be ready by 2006.

= 52 million for 2006?

678123[/snapback]

hopefully we'll free up enough to resign AJ. Hermida will replace Conine/Enc, and I think we'll be able to fill the last 2 spots in the rotation with two of our top pitching prospects. Olsen, Bazardo, Kensing, Vargas, and Tankersley. I think at least 2 of those guys should be ready by 2006.

678130[/snapback]

Can't forget resign Agon or someone to replace him

You gotta figure around 8 mil a year to sign AJ... then what? 3 mil for Bass.. so thats 11.. puts us aroun 63.. maybe enough money left over to get 1 more starter from FA then use one from in house?

678141[/snapback]

I have a feeling that Bass will command more on the market than $3mil per

anyway, Josh Wilson is waiting in the wings(as is Andino :confused )

You also have to add in an increase in salary for many of the arbitration eligible players. Also, I don't think Delgado will be paid $16 million next year... I think it goes 4, 12, 16, 16 and $16 option.

So after arbitration, let's say $55 million. If we get the stadium and are willing to get to $70 million for 2006, that gives us $15 million for next offseason. We need that money to replace Al Leiter and possibly AJ. We'll still be in very good shape. :thumbup

That leaves alot or enogh money for some good 2006 free agents. :D

Hudson, Burnet,Santana to mension a few :notworthy

678134[/snapback]

Theres is 0 chance we get santana. Almost every team would enter into the bidding

678183[/snapback]

We could do a trade and sign for Santana. He won't be a free agent until after 2006... so we could trade for him next offseason and negotiate a long-term contract so he doesn't become a FA.

You gotta figure around 8 mil a year to sign AJ... then what? 3 mil for Bass.. so thats 11.. puts us aroun 63..? maybe enough money left over to get 1 more starter from FA then use one from in house?

678141[/snapback]

678158[/snapback]

I would think $4 million would get it done. I wouldn't go much higher than that for the Bass.

You gotta figure around 8 mil a year to sign AJ... then what? 3 mil for Bass.. so thats 11.. puts us aroun 63..? maybe enough money left over to get 1 more starter from FA then use one from in house?

678141[/snapback]

678158[/snapback]

I would think $4 million would get it done. I wouldn't go much higher than that for the Bass.

678208[/snapback]

I will be very upset if we waste $4 million on Gonzalez. I think Andino and Josh Wilson will be better, and for that matter, they are probably better now.

I will be very upset if we waste $4 million on Gonzalez. I think Andino and Josh Wilson will be better, and for that matter, they are probably better now.

678552[/snapback]

Any credibility you had on this website just went flying out the window after this post.

To suggest that two minorleaguers, one at least a season out of the majors and the other two or three, if ever, are better TODAY than Gonzalez is (remembering my New Year's resolution) ahh...ahhh....uniformed at best. Those two kids couldn't carry his jock nevermind replace his glove at this stage of their careers.

678141[/snapback]

678158[/snapback]

678208[/snapback]

678552[/snapback]

I'm not sold on Andino or Wilson. Espcecially Andino. Shortstop is the most important defensive position in baseball, and that's the reason I'd like to see us re-sign Sea Bass.