Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN Radio reporting three way trade

Featured Replies

I personally am hoping this is bulls***, because I hate this deal. However, it could be agreed and just delayed if Boston is trying to sign an extension with AJ right now.

 

Either way I hate it.

Don't you think that if this rumor were true, that with the Red Sox connection, Gammons would be all over it on ESPN?

Don't you think that if this rumor were true, that with the Red Sox connection, Gammons would be all over it on ESPN?

860332[/snapback]

no I dont

 

they have Great Outdoor Games on right now

Horrible deal in regards to 2005. As I've stated in the past I don't care about 2006 right now... I consider us still in the playoff race in 2005 and you go all out to get it done when you are still in it in July -- you don't think about next year and who may depart and whatnot. Fact is we have a better shot THIS YEAR with AJ and Lowell if this is what we are getting in return in my opinion.

 

Worry about 2006 this offseason, til then work on making this team better for the now, not the later.

 

I hope if this deal is true I have to eat crow and the new guys we get wind up leading us into the playoffs but my hopes ain't high on that front.

Don't you think that if this rumor were true, that with the Red Sox connection, Gammons would be all over it on ESPN?

860332[/snapback]

no I dont

 

they have Great Outdoor Games on right now

860337[/snapback]

 

I'm just saying that there would at least be an article on ESPN.com.

We need to unload Lowell's contract, period.

 

This team has shown no signs of getting into the playoffs this year. We're not getting Burnett back.

 

Arroyo can be a fine #3-4 starter for us. I might be in teh minority but I like what I've seen from Burroughs.

 

Whatever, like I said, if we get rid of Lowell's contract, our payroll going into next year will be at 40 million dollars and we could open ourselves up to whoever is available.

Kelly Shoppach apparently played in his game, going 3/5

 

Maybe it's not a done deal just yet

Don't you think that if this rumor were true, that with the Red Sox connection, Gammons would be all over it on ESPN?

860332[/snapback]

no I dont

 

they have Great Outdoor Games on right now

860337[/snapback]

 

I'm just saying that there would at least be an article on ESPN.com.

860342[/snapback]

 

There isnt anything about it on ESPN News either

Horrible deal in regards to 2005.? As I've stated in the past I don't care about 2006 right now... I consider us still in the playoff race in 2005 and you go all out to get it done when you are still in it in July -- you don't think about next year and who may depart and whatnot.? Fact is we have a better shot THIS YEAR with AJ and Lowell if this is what we are getting in return in my opinion.

 

Worry about 2006 this offseason, til then work on making this team better for the now, not the later.

 

I hope if this deal is true I have to eat crow and the new guys we get wind up leading us into the playoffs but my hopes ain't high on that front.

860341[/snapback]

:thumbup

860349[/snapback]

We are alive in 05, If this is false, we will all get to see lowell go crazy at the bat soon enough

why ditch AJ the rest of this year to rent a lesser pitcher for 1 year and get two useless prospects?

In terms of 2005 its more of a wash. Burnett has been inconsitent which can be seen with his 5-6 record. Lowell has been horrible.

I would take the two draft picks instead. Specially with not knowing how long till Beckett is really back and how long he can stay healthy. I dont like this deal sorry all.

It might be too late to stop the flood gates, but why dont we wait for it to become official before we start ripping a trade that hasnt happend.

awful deal for now and the future

 

ugh

860351[/snapback]

 

Yep.

 

I like the Burnett for Arroyo/Shoppach part, but the Lowell for Burroughs, even if the Sox pick up all of Lowell's salary, is meh.

Horrible deal in regards to 2005. As I've stated in the past I don't care about 2006 right now... I consider us still in the playoff race in 2005 and you go all out to get it done when you are still in it in July -- you don't think about next year and who may depart and whatnot. Fact is we have a better shot THIS YEAR with AJ and Lowell if this is what we are getting in return in my opinion.

 

Worry about 2006 this offseason, til then work on making this team better for the now, not the later.

 

I hope if this deal is true I have to eat crow and the new guys we get wind up leading us into the playoffs but my hopes ain't high on that front.

860341[/snapback]

:thumbup

860349[/snapback]

 

as fickle as this division is this year i def dont think we are out of it. we have a huge home series coming up with the nats where we have a a change to gain some nice ground.. with the new players coming in from a trade im hoping it will light a fire up there asses. i wouldnt mind seeing a change in manager. give the players a fresh face and attitude like in 03

It might be too late to stop the flood gates, but why dont we wait for it to become official before we start ripping a trade that hasnt happend.

Because we don't do that here, you know that.

 

I've said in everyone of my posts I hope it doesn't happen and it could be false, but everyone still swears it's automatically true.

Just watch.

 

Mikey is going to get with a new hitting coach and is going to take off again.

 

We are going to regret this trade at some point. If we trade Mike we need some real value for him.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.