White Sox are VERY much in this...

Teal Shadow

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Ed, would Lowell be a requisite, also, for the White Sox to take in this deal?

860989[/snapback]

Hasn't there been interest in Lowell alone, untied to anybody else, from other teams. I think I heard the twins mentioned. Wouldn't it be better to get maximum value from AJ without weighing him down with Lowell, then trading Mike seperately?

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Holly, light your candles.

860987[/snapback]

:panic

Be back alittle later guys.. ;)

860991[/snapback]

This thing's in the bag. :thumbup

Ed, would Lowell be a requisite, also, for the White Sox to take in this deal?

860989[/snapback]

Yes its one of things thats being work out how much of Lowell contract will the Sox take...like I said he's working a miracle

861007[/snapback]

Are you starting rumors again Teal Shadow and getting people to believe you?

Without commenting directly on any trade specifically I find it amazing how these things morph, from Enc, to AJ and Enc, to AJ and Lowell to god knows what's next.

The needs of the team remain the same.

Trading Lowell isn't a reason to take significantly less for AJ if you can get a pitcher who will only cost you $1-2 million next year and be productive. Even if you trade Lowell later and eat $5-6, even $8 million of his contract, you may still come out ahead. Or more likely, if Mike can improve his numbers even slightly, someone may be willing to trade for Lowell (as we did for Conine in '03) at the last minute (August31st) because of an injury or other event.

A long as Encarnacion continues to be productive, you have a separate bargaining chip that you only include if it enhances what you get in return. Encarnacion has already been paid more than half of what he's owed for this season (and I would submit it's turned out the team has gotten it's money's worth) so the $2 million he's still due is alot easier to justify than it was when we were looking at his 2004 numbers.

It may be that AJ goes it alone or is packaged, but in whatever scenario unfolds, the FO and the bean-counters in the backroom will be working in unison to make sure it's the best possible deal, of that I'm sure.