Blasts in London Again

CapeFish

In regards to the last bombings, there is a suspicion that one of Guantanamo Bay's former detainees may have been involved because there were some leads to him and now nobody can find him. I guess that will teach people to protest GTMO.

And even if it ends up not being related to him, a few other former detainees took up arms against the US and Britain in Afghanistan and a few in Iraq. Some were recaptured and some were killed.

As a former Camp Delta MP, it is fun to learn that those "poor innocent men" were in fact, *gasp*, terrorists! :thumbup Yeah, liberals, free them all! Put them back on the streets! tsk tsk.

I'll never understand how someone can purposely kill a bunch of innocent people just going about their daily business. There are more diplomatic ways to deal with disagreements. But it is just so hard to be diplomatic with terrorists or anyone with their frame of mind. That is what makes them extremists.

In regards to the last bombings, there is a suspicion that one of Guantanamo Bay's former detainees may have been involved because there were some leads to him and now nobody can find him. I guess that will teach people to protest GTMO.

And even if it ends up not being related to him, a few other former detainees took up arms against the US and Britain in Afghanistan and a few in Iraq. Some were recaptured and some were killed.

As a former Camp Delta MP, it is fun to learn that those "poor innocent men" were in fact, *gasp*, terrorists! :thumbup Yeah, liberals, free them all! Put them back on the streets! tsk tsk.

868913[/snapback]

Last I checked, liberals didn't blow up the trains, and weren't responsible for releasing them.

In regards to the last bombings, there is a suspicion that one of Guantanamo Bay's former detainees may have been involved because there were some leads to him and now nobody can find him.? I guess that will teach people to protest GTMO.

And even if it ends up not being related to him, a few other former detainees took up arms against the US and Britain in Afghanistan and a few in Iraq.? Some were recaptured and some were killed.

As a former Camp Delta MP, it is fun to learn that those "poor innocent men" were in fact, *gasp*, terrorists! :thumbup ? Yeah, liberals, free them all!? Put them back on the streets!? tsk tsk.

868913[/snapback]

Last I checked, liberals didn't blow up the trains, and weren't responsible for releasing them.

869059[/snapback]

I know, don't worry. There is just a lot of pressure from liberals to close the place down and I have heard from many people that they should be set free. Obviously, very ignorant people with a naive view of the world. Human or not, we can't feel sorry for terrorists. We must constantly remind ourselves of what they have done and what they will continue to do.

To put things in perspective, my aunt thought it was inhumane to blindfold the terrorists while transporting them on airplanes. I'm sitting here thinking, kids blindfold themselves at birthday parties while hitting a pinata. It doesn't strike me as inhumane. People's definition of torture and brutality have become very... "pussified". Even when there is no actual physical abuse, somehow people think there exists a state of brutality and inhumane treatment.

Personally, I am not concerned about the safety of terrorists at all and I think they should use any methods necessary to extract information from them, but the United States is above that even at the cost of our own security.

My Dad brought up an interesting point the other day about this topic. A lot of people are offended by the idea of being anything less than friendly to POWs. He was talking about how Jack Nicholson's character in "A Few Good Men" actually made a valid point when he said something along the lines of "You need people like me on that wall". There needs to be tough people to do the things that the regular citizens would never dream of doing and it is all done for security.

Most of us would be offended by some of the things the military does, but in reality, it is stuff that needs to be done whether we want to admit it or not. This is not a friendly world and we wouldn't be the free superpower we are today without a few tough SOBs to make sure we stay free.

When I worked in GTMO and heard all the stuff in the media surrounding the rumors, I would get enraged because 99% of the rumors were entirely untrue. The camp itself is such a small place and word travels VERY quickly among the soldiers of JTF-GTMO. We all would have known if foul play occurred and we certainly did know when any little situation went down. But really, I feel like our country doesn't try very hard to extract information from the enemy anymore. Not hard at all.

868913[/snapback]

Link to the suspicion? Amazing how you go from a suspicion that maybe this guy was from GITMO to accusing all liberals of aiding terrorists. Stop being an idiot. I don't know how much more this board can take.

To put things in perspective, my aunt thought it was inhumane to blindfold the terrorists while transporting them on airplanes. I'm sitting here thinking, kids blindfold themselves at birthday parties while hitting a pinata. It doesn't strike me as inhumane. People's definition of torture and brutality have become very... "pussified". Even when there is no actual physical abuse, somehow people think there exists a state of brutality and inhumane treatment.

Personally, I am not concerned about the safety of terrorists at all and I think they should use any methods necessary to extract information from them, but the United States is above that even at the cost of our own security.

My Dad brought up an interesting point the other day about this topic. A lot of people are offended by the idea of being anything less than friendly to POWs. He was talking about how Jack Nicholson's character in "A Few Good Men" actually made a valid point when he said something along the lines of "You need people like me on that wall". There needs to be tough people to do the things that the regular citizens would never dream of doing and it is all done for security.

Most of us would be offended by some of the things the military does, but in reality, it is stuff that needs to be done whether we want to admit it or not. This is not a friendly world and we wouldn't be the free superpower we are today without a few tough SOBs to make sure we stay free.

When I worked in GTMO and heard all the stuff in the media surrounding the rumors, I would get enraged because 99% of the rumors were entirely untrue. The camp itself is such a small place and word travels VERY quickly among the soldiers of JTF-GTMO. We all would have known if foul play occurred and we certainly did know when any little situation went down. But really, I feel like our country doesn't try very hard to extract information from the enemy anymore. Not hard at all.

869087[/snapback]

Very impassioned defense of the torture of human beings. Touching. Were you aware that your own manual of tactics(?) states that torture is not an effective means of juicing information out of prisoners? Torture is not a partisan issue. But I've got a feeling you are apart of the rah-rah "Club GITMO" Limbaugh club. Rock on.

How did a thread about attempted terrorist attacks in London become a liberals vs conservatives discussion?

Unbelievable.

869128[/snapback]

Because MarlinsFan253 and others blame liberals for everything in quickly and steadfastly jumping to conclusions. Im pretty sure the potential trade of Lowell and AJ is because of liberals.

btw, there was actually a link between Bush's preelection day "terror alerts" and the guys who did the original bombings getting tipped off because of one of them...and escaping. Thats the fault of liberals too.

In regards to the last bombings, there is a suspicion that one of Guantanamo Bay's former detainees may have been involved because there were some leads to him and now nobody can find him.? I guess that will teach people to protest GTMO.

And even if it ends up not being related to him, a few other former detainees took up arms against the US and Britain in Afghanistan and a few in Iraq.? Some were recaptured and some were killed.

As a former Camp Delta MP, it is fun to learn that those "poor innocent men" were in fact, *gasp*, terrorists! :thumbup ? Yeah, liberals, free them all!? Put them back on the streets!? tsk tsk.

868913[/snapback]

Link to the suspicion? Amazing how you go from a suspicion that maybe this guy was from GITMO to accusing all liberals of aiding terrorists. Stop being an idiot. I don't know how much more this board can take.

869116[/snapback]

All liberals. I didn't notice that I used the term 'all liberals'... oh wait. I didn't. And not everything can be found on the internet.

How did a thread about attempted terrorist attacks in London become a liberals vs conservatives discussion?

Unbelievable.

869128[/snapback]

Because MarlinsFan253 and others blame liberals for everything in quickly and steadfastly jumping to conclusions. Im pretty sure the potential trade of Lowell and AJ is because of liberals.

btw, there was actually a link between Bush's preelection day "terror alerts" and the guys who did the original bombings getting tipped off because of one of them...and escaping. Thats the fault of liberals too.

869273[/snapback]

I never blamed liberals for everything. Now you are making false statements about me and that is not necessary.

I know, don't worry.? There is just a lot of pressure from liberals to close the place down and I have heard from many people that they should be set free.? Obviously, very ignorant people with a naive view of the world.? 869079[/snapback]

I never blamed liberals for everything.? Now you are making false statements about me and that is not necessary.

869322[/snapback]

Umm so you aren't blaming them for having naiive views of the world, or for pressuring to let people go, okay Sherlock, have it your way.

If there is no proof that these guys did anything then we should let them go, there is no doubt about it, we should not just hang onto these guys just because they might be part of something. I mean if you could just hold onto people for as long as you want for suspicion with no proof of anything, or without charging them with anything, I am sure the criminal system would be very different.

In a war of virtues, like we say we are (us being good and just and right against the evil and bad), shouldn't we show that our system works? Our system that includes not holding people prisioner longer than 24 hours I believe if we can not charge them with something. If we have nothing on these people except for suspicions then we should not hang on to them.

Are you willing to tell me everyone in GITMO is a terrorist? That there is not one, two, three maybe even four or more innocent people being held up against their will because of suspicion? How would you like it if you family was thrown into a camp and held on suspicions?

I know, don't worry.? There is just a lot of pressure from liberals to close the place down and I have heard from many people that they should be set free.? Obviously, very ignorant people with a naive view of the world.? 869079[/snapback]

I never blamed liberals for everything.? Now you are making false statements about me and that is not necessary.

869322[/snapback]

Umm so you aren't blaming them for having naiive views of the world, or for pressuring to let people go, okay Sherlock, have it your way.

If there is no proof that these guys did anything then we should let them go, there is no doubt about it, we should not just hang onto these guys just because they might be part of something. I mean if you could just hold onto people for as long as you want for suspicion with no proof of anything, or without charging them with anything, I am sure the criminal system would be very different.

In a war of virtues, like we say we are (us being good and just and right against the evil and bad), shouldn't we show that our system works? Our system that includes not holding people prisioner longer than 24 hours I believe if we can not charge them with something. If we have nothing on these people except for suspicions then we should not hang on to them.

Are you willing to tell me everyone in GITMO is a terrorist? That there is not one, two, three maybe even four or more innocent people being held up against their will because of suspicion? How would you like it if you family was thrown into a camp and held on suspicions?

869327[/snapback]

This is war, not the American courts. If innocent people are captured, it means they were in the wrong place with the wrong people at the wrong time. That is war! There will not always be clear cut evidence. It's not like the regular legal system where officers get warrants for suspects.

I wasn't blaming all liberals. I was saying that the majority of the people with these views and terrorist-loving values are liberal. I apologize for the generalization. They are not being held as punishment. JTF-GTMO is an intelligence gathering mission. They are being held as long as people know they might have information to share.

I am sure there are innocent people being held, but that is the sad part of war. Not everything is black and white. Not everything is guilty and innocent. War is a mess, not some organized sport.

And for the record, I am not conservative. I am a moderate and I voted for Kerry in the last election. I just know how to take the good with the bad instead of swinging entirely to one side and blinding myself from the truth.

From a personal experience, I met guys that said they would blow up New York. That is a threat, but my hearsay can't be used as evidence. Most of those kinds of remarks were just dismissed because they were said all the time. These are not the kind of guys I want to be let go, evidence or no evidence. How about yourself? If you looked into the eyes of an angry and hateful man who said he would blow up New York or other US cities, would you be so concerned with why he is being held?

Stop drinking your conservative Kool-Aid. Because that crap doesn't fly on here.

The terrorists and innocents, to my knowledge, were released because THE US GOVERNMENT found nothing that could substantiate any reason to keep them there. Its people like you who disgust me. People who think Liberals are the cause for A to Z. Thanks for ruining this thread. I commend you for your outright naivety (sp?).

869322[/snapback]

869327[/snapback]

This is war, not the American courts. If innocent people are captured, it means they were in the wrong place with the wrong people at the wrong time. That is war! There will not always be clear cut evidence. It's not like the regular legal system where officers get warrants for suspects.

I wasn't blaming all liberals. I was saying that the majority of the people with these views and terrorist-loving values are liberal. I apologize for the generalization. They are not being held as punishment. JTF-GTMO is an intelligence gathering mission. They are being held as long as people know they might have information to share.

I am sure there are innocent people being held, but that is the sad part of war. Not everything is black and white. Not everything is guilty and innocent. War is a mess, not some organized sport.

And for the record, I am not conservative. I am a moderate and I voted for Kerry in the last election. I just know how to take the good with the bad instead of swinging entirely to one side and blinding myself from the truth.

From a personal experience, I met guys that said they would blow up New York. That is a threat, but my hearsay can't be used as evidence. Most of those kinds of remarks were just dismissed because they were said all the time. These are not the kind of guys I want to be let go, evidence or no evidence. How about yourself? If you looked into the eyes of an angry and hateful man who said he would blow up New York or other US cities, would you be so concerned with why he is being held?

869332[/snapback]

HOW f***ING DARE YOU CALL LIBERALS TERRORIST LOVERS. Time to report this one to the mods.

869322[/snapback]

869327[/snapback]

869332[/snapback]

HOW f***ING DARE YOU CALL LIBERALS TERRORIST LOVERS. Time to report this one to the mods.

869334[/snapback]

You twisted my words around. Switch the order.

Stop drinking your conservative Kool-Aid. Because that crap doesn't fly on here.

The terrorists and innocents, to my knowledge, were released because THE US GOVERNMENT found nothing that could substantiate any reason to keep them there. Its people like you who disgust me. People who think Liberals are the cause for A to Z. Thanks for ruining this thread. I commend you for your outright naivety (sp?).

869333[/snapback]

But it is undeniable that a great number of detainees that got released ended up turning around and fighting. One guy, I forgot his name, who was released in '03 was later found to be a high commander in the Taliban. His name started with an 's' and that all I can remember.

Once again, I do not think liberals are the cause of much of anything. I was simply stating that many of the people who pity the detainees and want GTMO shut down are politically liberal. I know not all of them feel that way.

Would everyone please quit putting words into my mouth? Seriously. Everyone is exaggerating the meaning of what I am saying.

:( So sad

CNN.com

The police chief confirmed there were four scenes -- at Oval, Warren Street and Shepherd's Bush Underground stations and on a bus in east London -- where "attempts have been made to set off explosive devices."

When I went to London my stop to get back to my room was Shepherds Bush :confused Scary. That stop was about 1/4 mile from where my room was :(

wow.

so now liberals are terrorist lovers who want to see the prisons shut down and the people in them freed.

i really dont think the true liberal wants to see the guilty freed. it would just be nice to follow the Geneva convention when it comes to these issues.

you know damn good and well that if it were some other country doing these same things to Americans your panties would be in such a wad that it wouldnt even be funny.

and yes you did say basically link liberals to terrorist lovers, you may not have stated it in so many words but the implication was there in the choice of words you used.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.