for all you mckeon haters out there

rorod

in this thread you can vent all that angers you about mckeon and the marlins.

i for one dont hate jack... imean he did give us a WS in '03 when all looked lost in the beggining. Managing isnt a very easy thing to do because there is some luck involved because if you make a particular move and it backfires then you are screwed but if it works youre a genius... and besides i think a good manager can only do so much. honestly how many games do you think over the course of a season a great manager can win for you. IMO not many. therefore it is the players who have to perform.

Reasons not to hate Jack are he took us to the WS in '03 and we are still in the playoff hunt this year.... i garuntee if the players start performing to their capabilities the hate for jack will be forgotten.

other marlins who are hated by fans w/o a good reason.

enc and easly

Now let me just say that these guys are 1000 times better at baseball than anyone of us fans on this site. anyone who has ever tried to play the game would no that it isnt that easy

as for enc .300 avg, 64 rbi, 15 hr 'nuff said :notworthy

as for easly 9 or 10 jacks in like 165 at bats :notworthy

rant all you want against these guys but i dont think its justified

:pimp

I like Jack very much and really appreciate all he has done for this club. He made the guys believe in themselves in 2003. The magic seems to be lost though. So next year I believe it will be time to get a younger, more energetic coaching staff in place. I fully expect Jack to finish out his contract.

Who hates Easley? I, for one, think it is a great thing that he is a part of this team. He is still sound defensively, even though he has lost a step. And he can still swing the heck out of the bat. I dont recall anyone on here saying anything negatively, except for maybe "Seabass or Louie would have made that play"...Add to that his cheap asking price, and he is a super sub/spot starter. I know I dont cringe when I see him in the lineup. In fact, I hope he finishes his career out here, which could easily go 3, 4, or even 5 more seasons. And after that, I hope he gets a very loud, very long standing ovation the last time he steps off the PPS field. He has already earned that.

If anything, I think some are overestimating Easley- I think his starting days are over, on good teams anyway. I know I've read some people suggesting him as a starter (for the slumping Lowell, or for Gonzo next season).

889374[/snapback]

I get sick of people clamoring for a Gonzo replacement when there is a 99.5% chance of him returning.

If anything, I think some are overestimating Easley- I think his starting days are over, on good teams anyway.? I know I've read some people suggesting him as a starter (for the slumping Lowell, or for Gonzo next season).

889374[/snapback]

I get sick of people clamoring for a Gonzo replacement when there is a 99.5% chance of him returning.

889422[/snapback]

Just wondering, but what makes you believe that?

Oh, and I agree with the assessment about Easley no longer being able to start, but he's a heck of a utility guy to have.

If anything, I think some are overestimating Easley- I think his starting days are over, on good teams anyway.? I know I've read some people suggesting him as a starter (for the slumping Lowell, or for Gonzo next season).

889374[/snapback]

889422[/snapback]

Oh, and I agree with the assessment about Easley no longer being able to start, but he's a heck of a utility guy to have.

889515[/snapback]

Because he wants to stay, and wont command the same $$ as Rollins.

889374[/snapback]

889422[/snapback]

889515[/snapback]

Because he wants to stay, and wont command the same $$ as Rollins.

889525[/snapback]

He hasn't really said he would be willing to accept less money to stay here, even though it would be great if he did.

Even if Alex doesn't command Rollins 8 mil a year, which on the open market is a possibility, he still might price himself out of the Marlins range, especially if they can't unload Lowell's contract.

And who knows if the FO is willing to spend 6-7 mil a year on A-Gon if they believe Andino to be major league ready next year?

I'd like to believe Gonzalez will return, but I'm not overly optimistic, and I certainly wouldn't give it a 99% chance, though I assume you were being sarcastic.

Oh yeah, Jack nearly caused a disasterous loss tonight by leaving AJ in too long......Jones should have been in after it became a 4-1 game, this was too important a game to screw around with.

889503[/snapback]

Nearly? Is this almost always the case! :mischief2

Enc loses one in the lights, followed by a double. Heck, Enc catches the ball and Burnette pitches a CG. BP has been worked hard lately and AJ was pitching well....

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Gotta go with DogFish on this one. You want to give AJ every opportunity to get the CG, because we're in the midst of playing 21 games in 20 days. If there's a chance that the bullpen can get a night off, you've got to jump on it. We didn't lose the game, relax.

Oh yeah, Jack nearly caused a disasterous loss tonight by leaving AJ in too long......Jones should have been in after it became a 4-1 game, this was too important a game to screw around with.

889503[/snapback]

you guys rip jack for taking beckett out to early and now you rip him for not taking him out sooner. If jack would have taken him out im pretty sure some of you would be rippin jack for not giving the pen a day off and letting aj get the complete game

I wasnt upset after it became 4-1 last night. I think he did leave him in one more batter too long though. But, I think that was partly to get Jones warmed up.

I disagree with alot that Jack does but I cant argue for it all.

I didnt like the Beckett move either, but because he went to villone. He should of went to AA or something else then.

But, I will say that foresight is the key not afterwards.

I think Jack is a good manager, but that says nothing of how well he fills the role the Marlins are asking him to fill.

It's hard to give up on Jack, with 2003 World Series and his short successful tenure with the Reds so fresh in the mind, but I don't think he still has the drive he is known for and helped his teams win ball games. I think his mind has come to a conclusion as to his future as a major league manager, but he can point it out. One might argue that he was always unsure of the decision to come back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.