My New Car!

SongInTheAir

How's visibility out the back window for you?

898080[/snapback]

pretty good, when i have no one in the car i usually put the back seats down to make it a bit easier, but even with 3 people in the back, its pretty decent visibility.

And to the other question earlier: its not a hybrid, but it gets 31/38 mpg.

Congrats on the new car. I despise Japanese cars (Buy American!) but I know how good it feels buying a new car. Hope you enjoy it

898625[/snapback]

You have no idea how many "Japanese" cars are built in America and how many "American" cars are built abroad do you?

Congrats on the new car.? I despise Japanese cars (Buy American!) but I know how good it feels buying a new car.? Hope you enjoy it

898625[/snapback]

You have no idea how many "Japanese" cars are built in America and how many "American" cars are built abroad do you?

898848[/snapback]

Case in point...

Our current minivan is a 2003 Honda Odyssey built in Alabama. It replaced a 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager built in Canada.

Congrats on the new car. I despise Japanese cars (Buy American!) but I know how good it feels buying a new car. Hope you enjoy it

898625[/snapback]

898848[/snapback]

It's all about where the money goes in the end.

898625[/snapback]

898848[/snapback]

898888[/snapback]

If I have to choose between my money going to a factory worker building Nissans in Tennessee or a shareholder making money because Ford earns a higher profit by manufacturing cars in Canada and selling them here, I'm gonna choose the "import" time and time again.

Do you think Mercedes building a factory in South Carolina helps less than a Ford factory in Ontario?

898625[/snapback]

898848[/snapback]

898888[/snapback]

If I have to choose between my money going to a factory worker building Nissans in Tennessee or a shareholder making money because Ford earns a higher profit by manufacturing cars in Canada and selling them here, I'm gonna choose the "import" time and time again.

Do you think Mercedes building a factory in South Carolina helps less than a Ford factory in Ontario?

899554[/snapback]

The reason the foreign car companies manufacture in US is to avoid paying taxes on importing the car into the country, flagrantly avoiding paying uncle sam whereas American cars are taxed up the ass in foreign countries, thus pricing them out of foreign consumers price range. I'll support American car companies any day of the week.

898625[/snapback]

898848[/snapback]

898888[/snapback]

899554[/snapback]

The reason the foreign car companies manufacture in US is to avoid paying taxes on importing the car into the country, flagrantly avoiding paying uncle sam whereas American cars are taxed up the ass in foreign countries, thus pricing them out of foreign consumers price range. I'll support American car companies any day of the week.

899649[/snapback]

You know what American marques do to prevent that in Europe? They build and badge their cars differently. That said, the Ford Focus is one of the top selling cars in England and GM and Ford offer regional brands like Vauxhall, Rover, etc. to avoid paying those huge taxes.