Giradi

Fish Tank Frenzy

Well he's not going to walk away from his first managerial job but I'm sure he's not too happy right now.

what if he could get out of this contract and manage the Dodgers? If I were his agent, I'd be making a little birdie phone call right about now...

Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion that after the fire sale's complete, people will want to avoid this organization more than a Vietnamese duck with a sniffling nose.

I'm sure he knew what was gonna happen... The front office had to at least tell him that there was a chance of cutting payroll. It's not like we just found out that the stadium deal was as good as dead. The FO had to have been planning this for a while now. Girardi gets to manage a team and try to prove himself. If they end up doing a decent job, hovering around .500, he may look like a genius. If they end up losing, everyone can say it was expected. It's a win/win situation for a first time manager, in my opinion. Would he have liked a chance to win in his first year? Of course... But I think he had to have known about this.

Who says we're not going to be competitive?

Girardi is the perfect guys to manage a team of highly talented young players. This team could be very fun to watch next year.

Young. Very, very young. Dakota Fanning-young.

Actually, one of the reasons we had to get rid of Lowell's contract is because Loria & Samson need the money to build a premie hospital ward next to the stadium to accomodate all the new players.

Yuk, yuk.

I was wondering myself if Joe had any knowledge when taking the job of what kind of trades we'd be making.

A good point was made - I think Joe's going to have the attitude and the style perfect for a bunch of talented young guys. I'm looking forward to seeing how we'll do. I'm also very excited about Hanley Ramirez. :)

Well he's not going to walk away from his first managerial job but I'm sure he's not too happy right now.

Exactly. What's he going to say? "This job is beneath me! I refuse this position! I'm rejecting this position as the manager of a major league baseball team!"

He'll do the best he can in a no-lose situation. If the team doesn't do well, it'll be because of the payroll cuts. If the team is respectable, he'll get a ton of credit.

I think he knew what he was getting into. Joe has many many years left to manage after his contract is up with the Marlins to be managing highly competitive teams. Maybe he wanted to manage young and talented players and form them into great Major League players. Its going to be exciting and a stressful year next year.

Gerardi is the perfect manager for his new team.....the Marlins....seems everyone has jumped off the ship but the Captain and his young crew......stay with us...it will be a good year....No not a World Series but competitive....give these young players a chance...they are the future of baseball.....

Gerardi is the perfect manager for his new team.....the Marlins....seems everyone has jumped off the ship but the Captain and his young crew......stay with us...it will be a good year....No not a World Series but competitive....give these young players a chance...they are the future of baseball.....

I'm excited for 2006.

I'm excited for 2006.

I am very excited to. I cant wait to go to my first Spring Training game of the year up in Jupiter. I am just not looking forward to how many people are going to be in the seats at PPS

I'm excited for 2006.

All of a sudden, I'm not. :(

I am just hoping a Miracle happens. :pray Miracles do happen... :w00t Maybe we should apply for those Miracle shows :lol

:lol

This has been the worst week of my LIFE. Beckett & Mike going to Boston and now this.

Mine too.. We all just have to stick together and hope a miracle happens soon.

Also, these young guys have a chance to fully blossom here. Under Girardi. If he does well next year, and takes a team that could be even younger(yet more talented because alot of the youngsters will have a year under their belts), and competes for the wild card in 07...Girardi could decide to stay. He'll be the guy that overcame a firesale, and made a bunch of kids perform at levels not expected of them...kind of reminds me of what Jack did in 03, if Joe can pull it off.