2006 Lineup is shaping up...

Malman

We've built it up and stripped it down twice before...let's do it again.

Let's move JP, pick up some mid-level free agents & solidify our bullpen.

Oakland A's of the East!

Castillo - 2B

Willy - LF

Hermida - RF

Cabs - 3B

Jacobs/Conine - 1B

Duca - C

Aguila - CF

Han Ram - SS

Willis

Petit

Vargas

Olsen

Johnson

Petit seems as more of a BP pitcher to me for some reason. A long relief guy. And I doubt he'd stay in the rotation once Volstad is ready.

C-??-whoever we get for Dook

1B-Jacobs

2B-Luiy(maybe)

3B-Cabrera

SS-Ramirez

LF-??? hopefully someone in the Pierre or Dook trades

CF-???whoever we get for Pierre

RF-Hermida

Willy will definitely be starting and Petit is a starter all the way!

Willy is shaping up to be the oldest player on the team. We still might try to deal him to an AL team. As for Petit, he would have to out perform Johnson and Olsen next season to stay in the rotation once Volstad is ready IMO, which could be 2007 if not halfway through next year.

Petit seems as more of a BP pitcher to me for some reason. A long relief guy. And I doubt he'd stay in the rotation once Volstad is ready.

1B-Jacobs

2B-Luiy(maybe)

3B-Cabrera

SS-Ramirez

RF-Hermida

how can you say that if you've never seen him pitch? I love how all of the Marlins prospects are golden but when we get them from other teams they are mediocre or over rated because of the system they come from. (not just you Spike, it seems to be a common thing on this board)

1B-Jacobs

2B-Luiy(maybe)

3B-Cabrera

SS-Ramirez

RF-Hermida

how can you say that if you've never seen him pitch? I love how all of the Marlins prospects are golden but when we get them from other teams they are mediocre or over rated because of the system they come from. (not just you Spike, it seems to be a common thing on this board)

I didn't ay Petit was bad, I wanted Petit if you will go back and look at what I've wrote. I am just saying that by all accounts Volstad has great stuff, and is already close to being major league ready at 19 years old. And no I dont think Petit is better than Olsen, Johnson, or Volstad, but that is because Petit is a junk baller by what I've read and would make a good long relief guy.

1B-Jacobs

2B-Luiy(maybe)

3B-Cabrera

SS-Ramirez

RF-Hermida

also, why would you call Petit a BP pitcher, did you see his stats from AA? in 117 innings, he struck out 130, and walked 18... because he doesn't hit 98 on the gun? We just let a guy who hit 98 om the gun walk away for nothing and he has a career .500 record

I keep thinking the JP for Aaron Rowand thing might happen, here's Rowand's contract breakdown

He made $2 million in 2005, gets $3.25 million in 2006. Chicago had a club option for 2007 at $5 million and Rowand holds a player option for 2007 at $3.25 million.

Would we rather have Rowand or one of the younger Sox CF prospects - Anderson or Young???

:mischief2

We need to add some guys in the 28 - 34 range with mlb evperience. Rowand is a good example. I would also say we need to add one pitcher to the rotation. i like Elarton. These young guys can not just be thrown into the majors and be expected to throw 200+ innings.

I'd like to trade to the white Sox but get OF Brian Anderson if we can. A 3 way deal could work, maybe JP to the Sox, Rowand to the Angels, OF-Brian Anderson and C-Jeff Mathis to the Fish.

And WE DONT NEED MLB PITCHERS IN THE ROTATION! This is what 2006 will be for, to get the young guys we had no room for before into the rotation so they can get used to it, and come out of the gates at full steam in 07. Adding a starting pitcher from free agency hurts because then it just takes one of the learning spots away, in a year when we most likely wont compete anyway.

Anyhow,

C-Mathis

1B- Jacobs

2B-Castillo maybe(is Josh Wilson or Robert Andino spending any time there in case we trade Luiy?)

3B-Cabrera

SS-Ramirez

LF-Anderson

CF-???

RF-Hermida

Workable lineup.

I keep thinking the JP for Aaron Rowand thing might happen, here's Rowand's contract breakdown

He made $2 million in 2005, gets $3.25 million in 2006. Chicago had a club option for 2007 at $5 million and Rowand holds a player option for 2007 at $3.25 million.

Would we rather have Rowand or one of the younger Sox CF prospects - Anderson or Young???

:mischief2

Anderson > Pierre

I hate to say it, but Petit has no discernible stuff and even those in the Mets organization were questioning how he was putting up the numbers he did.

The numbers are great, but he seems like the type of pitcher that major league hitters will figure out - and fast.

I really wish we got Milledge instead.

Correct me if Im wrong, and I very well could be, but isnt that what they said about Dtrain too?

Petit is way better than Johnson, it's not really close. Same goes for Anibal Sanchez.

How is that when Johnson had been touted as a future #1, while Petit and Sanchez as a #2 or #3?

Dont forget that Jesus Delgado is now the #3 ranked pitcher in our organization now, behind Petit and Sanchez only.

Petit is way better than Johnson, it's not really close. Same goes for Anibal Sanchez.

How is that when Johnson had been touted as a future #1, while Petit and Sanchez as a #2 or #3?

Are we talking about the same Josh Johnson? :blink:

Yeah, I thought Johnson was a Brad Penny clone. Which makes him a #2/high-#3 in most peoples' minds (and 5th starter in the mind of some... grr)