Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Anyone Have a Guess about..

Featured Replies

I'll go 81-81. I think we see this team struggle big time in the first half, but the young guys come around during the second half for a strong surge.

 

 

 

I can dream :thumbup

Ahead of the Nats... and the Mets. If Charlie Hough and some minor league journeymen can beat out the HoJo/BobbyBo/Gooden Mets, this cast of talented youngsters can.

So Far where in the NL east do you think where gonna finish n how many games will we win or lose?

 

 

Yeah, 0 wins and 162 loses...

 

:blink:

 

How would I know? We don't even know our starting rotation. We don't even know our everyday lineup.

 

:whistle

 

90-72 is my prediction. I am not going to give up, this is my team, we can't lose!

 

 

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

  • Author

90-72 is my prediction. I am not going to give up, this is my team, we can't lose!

 

 

 

:notworthy i couldnt AGREE with u more if i tried

Ahead of the Nats... and the Mets. If Charlie Hough and some minor league journeymen can beat out the HoJo/BobbyBo/Gooden Mets, this cast of talented youngsters can.

 

 

Ad whose to say our youngsters won't beat out the Braves youngsters?

Ahead of the Nats... and the Mets. If Charlie Hough and some minor league journeymen can beat out the HoJo/BobbyBo/Gooden Mets, this cast of talented youngsters can.

 

 

That was a quality Mets squad *cough*. I remember watching them almost every day. The strike was the best thing that ever happened to them. They had been going downhill since losing out to the Pirates in 1990.

 

I see the Fish going 75-87 if Pierre and LoDuca are moved, but it could be worse depending on how horrible the bullpen is. By '07, I see that record flipping.

gotta see what the roster looks like , odds are last but i think we will be competitive even if it doesnt translate into victories , i see a young manager who will manage aggressively ...should be fun to watch

Yeah I don't think they'll be to bad. Probably somewhere around 70-75 wins and that ain't to shabby. A real factor could be who is closing our games... because I don't know who is in line for that job now that Mota is gone and I don't think Jones is coming back.

84-78

63-99

5 game winning streak to end the season with less than 100 losses

I've been thinking, and in a round about sort of way, I think our lineup is going to be better than it was last season, assuming there are no more trades and Conine is brought back to either split time with Jacobs or take the job from whoever's struggling.

 

What scares me is that this rotation might be as bad as the '98 rotation that featured Alfonseca as a starter...and we still have no one to close games.

 

If you put the lineup now with the pitching from last year (yeah, I'm high on Hermida, Willingham and potentially Ramirez), I think we're a 90 win team...however, given that we don't have an ace, feature 4 guys who have never come near 200 innings in a season, and don't have anyone in AAA that can be called injury insurance like Olsen and Vargas were a year ago nor anyone who can close out games...and I think we're in for a struggle.

 

At the best, at the very best, 75 wins.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.