December 4, 200520 yr Ugh... I was hoping for a few of the Arizona kids. I hope to god Aguila, Andino and Treanor aren't starting next year.
December 4, 200520 yr Ugh... I was hoping for a few of the Arizona kids. I hope to god Aguila, Andino and Treanor aren't starting next year. Do you think they'd let Beinfest pay for free agents? Doubtful.
December 4, 200520 yr Anybody ready to say fire Beinfest? For some inexplicable reason he seems to be fixated on pitching. Are we going to field 4 pitchers next season? Ahh, I guess we'll just have to wait to see how all this plays out. He'll have to fill the rest of the voids somehow. The off-season is still young.
December 4, 200520 yr as for the guy who said fire Beinfest? He's just following orders "get all payroll cut, I don't care who you get back, do the best you can but get rid of these guys and don't take on salary!" Beinfest will be in another city next year too, someone will pluck him like they plucked Dombrowski.
December 4, 200520 yr Anybody ready to say fire Beinfest? For some inexplicable reason he seems to be fixated on pitching. Are we going to field 4 pitchers next season? Ahh, I guess we'll just have to wait to see how all this plays out. He'll have to fill the rest of the voids somehow. The off-season is still young. Yes, but in a seller's market, he sure isn't helping his cause with his best commodities.
December 4, 200520 yr Ugh... I was hoping for a few of the Arizona kids. I hope to god Aguila, Andino and Treanor aren't starting next year. Do you think they'd let Beinfest pay for free agents? Doubtful. I think this is Phase 1... get rid of every player making seven digits plus.... Hopefully, and I expect there will be, a Phase 2 that involves acquiring some mid to low-level free agents and other players through trades.
December 4, 200520 yr I'm surprised we got that much for LoDuca considering how little we got for Castillo.
December 4, 200520 yr I'll be disappointed if all these pitchers stay in our system. But, standing alone, we fleeced them in this trade. Arizona was never going to top Gaby Hernandez. We just don't need him, so hopefully we got him for someone else.
December 4, 200520 yr I'm surprised we got that much for LoDuca considering how little we got for Castillo. Yeah, the Marlins have shown their hand that they are desperate to rid the team of all mult-million dollar players and are willing to dump them at any cost.
December 4, 200520 yr Awesome! More pitchers! :plain I do like Hernandez though, and like others hope some of this pitching is on the way to other places for a second baseman and catcher. I can deal with Aguila in center next year, and to a lesser extent Andino/Wilson/Amezaga at 2nd (though I hope it doesn't come to that) and especially not Treanor at catcher.
December 4, 200520 yr Lo Duca is going to be 34 next year. This is a great deal - the Mets are a bunch of suckers. We should have probably traded Castillo there too, but they really don't have enough to trade.
December 4, 200520 yr That is the first trade I that is actually accepted. Admin actually got something decent in return for LoDuca if its true that the trade is Gaby Hernandez and another minor League pitcher for Paul Loduca. You guys have to understand that Hernandez was the next best prospect in the Mets System after Milledge. Im actually happy here after this one Great Trade Beinfest
December 4, 200520 yr FlushingsFuture.com's Top 15 Met Prospects: #4, RHP Gaby Hernandez By Jordan Zakarin March 22, 2005 Player Vitals Date of Birth: May 21, 1986 Height: 6'3 Weight: 215 lbs Hometown: Miami High School: Belen Jesuit Prep Drafted: 3rd round '04 (74th overall) Biography The Mets drafted Hernandez in the third round of the 2004 draft. A big right hander, Hernandez attended Belen Jesuit Prep in Florida. Hernandez signed quickly and began the season at the Mets Gulf Coast league affiliate in St. Lucie, where he dominated. Baseball America named Hernandez the number two prospect in the Gulf Coast League, and the number three prospect in the Mets' organization. FlushingsFuture has Hernandez as the number four prospect in the system, now that Philip Humber has signed. Statistics Year Club W L ERA IP H R ER BB K AVG 2004 Brooklyn 1 0 0.00 3 2 0 0 0 6 .200 2004 Gulf Coast 3 3 1.09 49.2 25 10 6 22 58 .151 Scouting Report The 6'3, 215 Hernandez toyed with hitters in the GCL: he went 3-3 with a 1.09 ERA. What's more impressive was the power/control production he put up. In 49 1/3 innings, Hernandez walked just 12, while striking out 58. His dominance earned him a late season promotion to Brooklyn. He pitched in just one game there, but he exhibited the same dominance in Coney Island. In his three inning relief performance, Hernandez struck out six batters. Power Stuff: Hernandez features two fastballs, a 90-94 mph sinker and a less developed two seamer that comes in on righties. The four-seamer has terrific sink, generating high totals of both strikeouts and groundballs. He can spot the sinking fastball well, showing rare command for a high school pitcher. At 6'3 and 215 pounds, he still has a chance to put on a few more inches and a lot of useful muscle to what the Mets call an outstanding build, especially for an eighteen year old. Breaking Stuff: Gaby also has a very good curveball, which also should become a Major League plus pitch for him, given its bite and his ability to locate it to all sides of the plate. The team has been happy with it in minor league camp. Off-speed Stuff: Hernandez's one weakness is that he doesn't have a great off-speed pitch. The Mets have been working with him to develop the changeup he sparingly used in High School, and he has made strides with it. Overall: Hernandez was high on many teams' draft boards, and the Mets picked a kid who could move fast through the system. Not only does he boast two plus pitches already, perhaps his best attribute right now is that he has tremendous poise and goes to the mound with a specific gameplan. He was light years ahead of everyone else in the GCL. Unlike many high school draftees, he's a pitcher, not just a thrower. The Mets are in no rush to get him up through the system, but one source we talked to said he could really take off this season. The smart money is on him starting the year in low A Hagerstown.
December 4, 200520 yr Beinfest will be in another city next year too, someone will pluck him like they plucked Dombrowski. that's like saying someone's going to come by and 'pluck' david samson. aint happening.
December 4, 200520 yr That is the first trade I that is actually accepted. Admin actually got something decent in return for LoDuca if its true that the trade is Gaby Hernandez and another minor League pitcher for Paul Loduca. You guys have to understand that Hernandez was the next best prospect in the Mets System after Milledge. Im actually happy here after this one Great Trade Beinfest Perhaps, but are we going to ask him to fill in at catcher next year? :blink:
December 4, 200520 yr as for the guy who said fire Beinfest? He's just following orders "get all payroll cut, I don't care who you get back, do the best you can but get rid of these guys and don't take on salary!" Beinfest will be in another city next year too, someone will pluck him like they plucked Dombrowski. Marlins send Beinfest to San Diego for a Venezuelan pitcher to be named later :lol
December 4, 200520 yr Just a thought, does this mean Willingham is the catcher by default now? I would assume Treanor.... But Jacobs could also be in the mix, no?
December 4, 200520 yr Just a thought, does this mean Willingham is the catcher by default now? Oh, God, I hope not. Keep Willy in LF.
December 4, 200520 yr Just a thought, does this mean Willingham is the catcher by default now? I'd pencil in Traenor there. Willy can't catch.
December 4, 200520 yr Just a thought, does this mean Willingham is the catcher by default now? nah, they'll pick up one of those generic old catchers to come in cheaply, like a Paul Bako, John Flaherty, Todd Greene, Todd Pratt, Eddie Perez type (all are FA), probably to platoon with Trainer/
December 4, 200520 yr We have 3 top pitching prospects from other teams that can be spun to other teams now. Still have Pierre and Villone to trade right now.(Villone and Petit/Sanchez/or Hernandez for Reed?) TB and Cincinnatti are both in need of MLB ready pitching, maybe our sights are on Mo Pena and Gathright. I dont want hall but maybe another young MLB ready catcher(Snyder, Closser?). This might work out. I am hopeful for a chance to win the WC in 07, and at least being competitive in 06. I just hope we do better than the Mutts next season.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.