Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LoDuca to Mets

Featured Replies

let's just hold judgment on win predictions until Spring Training... if Andino, Treanor and Aguila are starting, then yeah I'll be upset... I truly expect some bargain free agents to be signed, and some young players be acquired through trades... let's play it out before getting all worked up. the team hasn't been assembled yet.

I say try and trade Villone for Torrealba.. Trade for Gathright.. trade JP for Jerome Williams and stick it out with whoever at 2B.

Thanks for the memories, Paul. :(

 

 

I just hope that this is some part of a much larger plan for Beinfest, Samson and his "market correction" :plain

I say try and trade Villone for Torrealba.. Trade for Gathright.. trade JP for Jerome Williams and stick it out with whoever at 2B.

 

 

Not bad. But who do we have that the Devil Rays would want in return for Gaithright?

  • Author

When the Marlins payroll is completely gutted and Loria makes huge a profit I say put on a happy face :D

 

 

Isn't there a wedding or wake you should be at?

I say try and trade Villone for Torrealba.. Trade for Gathright.. trade JP for Jerome Williams and stick it out with whoever at 2B.

 

 

Not bad. But who do we have that the Devil Rays would want in return for Gaithright?

 

Pitching Prospects :lol

Thanks for the memories, Paul. :(

 

 

I just hope that this is some part of a much larger plan for Beinfest, Samson and his "market correction" :plain

 

funny, I don't have too many Lo Duca memories -- his first AB, pinch hit homerun (in a game we lost)... and???????

I say try and trade Villone for Torrealba.. Trade for Gathright.. trade JP for Jerome Williams and stick it out with whoever at 2B.

 

 

Not bad. But who do we have that the Devil Rays would want in return for Gaithright?

How about...

Yanks:

Pierre

 

Rays:

Henn

Proctor

 

Marlins:

Gathright

Nick Green

Probably wont happen but wishful thinking...

What can I write that hasn't already been written? Another couple of minor league pitchers for Lo Duca? Just what we needed. :compsmash At this point I am expecting Pierre to be traded to the Yanks for Henn and Proctor and for Beinfest to dedicate his time at the winter meetings to shopping some of these young guns for position players. Whether or not that strategy pays off remains to be seen, but rferry made a very valid point with regard to the loss of leverage since the other GMs know we do need to unload some of these pitchers and fill in the holes. I am trying to suspend judgment until the season gets under way, but at this point I am thoroughly disgusted. That is all.

I liked Gaby A LOT. He was a year removed from high school and burning up High A ball. This one hurts. At least we still have Pelfrey (once signed) and Humber ...

"How about...

Yanks:

Pierre

 

Rays:

Henn

Proctor

 

Marlins:

Gathright

Nick Green

Probably wont happen but wishful thinking..."

 

This might work if we added one of Anibal Sanchez/Gaby Sanchez to the Rays. We know the Yanks would give up Proctor and Henn for Pierre. Would the Rays trade Gathright/Green for the three pitchers?

Thanks for the memories, Paul. :(

 

 

I just hope that this is some part of a much larger plan for Beinfest, Samson and his "market correction" :plain

 

funny, I don't have too many Lo Duca memories -- his first AB, pinch hit homerun (in a game we lost)... and???????

He scored the winning run in the come from behind GAGNE special.

so lets see

 

I have now

 

beckett

Delgado

Loduca

lowell

old number connie

sheffield

castillo

 

all jersey's that are now former players.

 

I am AFAID to purchased a Miggy jersey!

Well at least we didnt trade LoDuca to a division rival and get more south american pitchers. WAIT! SON OF A B!^&%! My apartment tonight: Me talking: Please GOD give Admin the wisdom to at least keep jeff Conine. Please GOD dont let the 2006 Marlins play like the 98 Marlins. Please GOD remind Admin he needs to acquire more than pitchers. amen

Its Funny that Lo Duca keeps following Piazza's foot steps: LA,FLA.NYM

 

Well at least we didnt trade LoDuca to a division rival and get more south american pitchers. WAIT! SON OF A B!^&%! My apartment tonight: Me talking: Please GOD give Admin the wisdom to at least keep jeff Conine. Please GOD dont let the 2006 Marlins play like the 98 Marlins. Please GOD remind Admin he needs to acquire more than pitchers. amen

 

I thought Gaby had heritage from the caribean

Reading what Mets fans have to say, they don't seem to happy with this trade.

Gaby is Cuban-American.

Reading what Mets fans have to say, they don't seem to happy with this trade.

 

 

I don't blame them.

Really, did anyone not see this coming? Mets need a catcher and LoDuca makes more than $3 a year.

 

2 All-Stars Left.......

Reading what Mets fans have to say, they don't seem to happy with this trade.

 

Are Mets fans EVER happy?

Quote from a Mut fan:

Unless the PTBNL is Matsui then we got raped on this. Lo Duca's numbers after the all-star break are absoulutely hideous.

Quote from a Mut fan:Unless the PTBNL is Matsui then we got raped on this. Lo Duca's numbers after the all-star break are absoulutely hideous.

Just to clarify this before pipe dreams start happening, Matsui or anyone else on the 40 man roster cannot be a PTBNL.

  • Author

And not to say the trade hasn't happened but the on the wires it now says the Mets are "close" to trading for Lo Duca.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.