Marlins re-sign Moehler, Harris

geemoney

That means we'll have three spots open in the rotation. Willis will be first, Moehler will probably be our 4th starter, and Vargas should be in there too. Two spots for Olsen, Johnson, and Petit to compete over. May the best men win.

I dont' want Petit to start yet. And you are obviously forgetting about Mitre...

I haven't lost all hope. No, I don't think Moehler is that good, in fact he is average at best. But at least our team isn't fielding all minor leagers. The fact is that we have hardly any major league experience in the rotation, and this will give us some real competition for the rotation in spring training. I wouldn't forget Olsen either, he will see action some time this year.

Ugh - Lenny again? Sure, he seems like a great clubhouse guy, but his lack of defensive value hamstrings the bench.

Moehler isn't all that necessary anymore, either, now that another MLB-ready starter in Mitre is aboard, though I guess either one could move to long relief if more kids than expected surprise in ST or during the year.

Moehler is a temporary solution in a rotation spot. We only have 3 proven pitchers to start, and with Moehler that makes 4. Olsen has experience and should be ready. Johnson might not be, Petit isn't, Sanchez isn't, etc....Moehler is the stop gap until those guys mature. I wouldn't be surprised to see Moehler switch to the bullpen once Johnson or Petit are ready at mid-season or so.

Moehler is the stop gap until those guys mature. I wouldn't be surprised to see Moehler switch to the bullpen once Johnson or Petit are ready at mid-season or so.

If Moehler has a decent first half and assuming we're out of contention, he could also bring in a bit of value in a deadline deal too.