Marlins make 3rd round of cuts

Hopefully Kensing will pitch well in AAA and come up and help out of the bullpen sometime this year.

With Lopez down, looks like the backup IF spot (assumming there's only one) will come down to Amezaga and Andino. Methinks if the organization wants to move Andino to 2B he'd be better served learning the position in the minors for awhile.

I thought they'd give Kensing a longer look.. But I totally agree on Messenger. He needs some more time in the minors. I'd take Resop on the Opening Day roster though...

And I also agree that if they want Andino to play 2b, they should groom him in the minors for it.... So, with that said, it looks like Amezaga is our backup IF, assuming Uggla and Hanley are starting...

That would suit him just fine....he loves the pressure when the game is on the line.....right now he is not handling the pressure of not knowing if he makes the 25 man roster or not very well...can't sleep....I tell him every day to work harder today than yesterday and harder tomorrow than today

Everyone knows what I think is wrong with Messenger so I won't repeat myself but I'm amazed Kranitz or someone can't fix it. It may just be that with so many pitchers in camp there isn't enough time to tear down his delivery and rebuild it in thirty days so he'll go to Albuquerque or maybe Carolina and do it there.

I still think he has the potential to be an excellent RP.

That would suit him just fine....he loves the pressure when the game is on the line.....right now he is not handling the pressure of not knowing if he makes the 25 man roster or not very well...can't sleep....I tell him every day to work harder today than yesterday and harder tomorrow than today

Resop is one of my picks to make the 25 man roster. I can see Resop taking the setup man role at some point during the regular season and possibly getting a chance at closing if Borowski bombs. Just tell the man to get some sleep and keep it frosty.

3/21/06 Optioned RHP Logan Kensing to Triple-A Albuquerque; Reassigned RHP Buddy Carlyle, RHP Eddie Gaillard, INF Mickey Lopez and INF Scott Seabol to Minor League camp.

Anyone know what/where "Minor League Camp" is? Do any of those guys have a chance to make the squad down the road, or are they resigned to the minors only?

I'm wondering now if Carlos Martinez might not make the rotation also...

He's been really impressive by the sound of things. He was the closer last year for the Single A Jupiter Hammerheads & put up good numbers.

I know it's a big jump but so far in spring training he's thrown 5 2/3 innings & has allowed only 1 hit.

Resop is one of my picks to make the 25 man roster. I can see Resop taking the setup man role at some point during the regular season and possibly getting a chance at closing if Borowski bombs. Just tell the man to get some sleep and keep it frosty.

I agree. He's the 8th inning right now, unless they throw the losers of Nolasco/Johnson/Olsen SP battle in the pen.

I'm wondering now if Carlos Martinez might not make the rotation also...

He's been really impressive by the sound of things. He was the closer last year for the Single A Jupiter Hammerheads & put up good numbers.

I know it's a big jump but so far in spring training he's thrown 5 2/3 innings & has allowed only 1 hit.

too small of a sample...i could see Martinez definetely either in Jupiter again or maybe Carolina...but don't think he is MLB ready

Anyone see Gaillard pitch this spring? I know he was reassigned to Minor League camp, but how did he look? He had a few pretty solid years in Japan before coming back to the USA... :thumbup

Eddie G has sucked the past 2 seasons in Japan(save for a 13 game stint with YBS)

Anyone see Gaillard pitch this spring? I know he was reassigned to Minor League camp, but how did he look? He had a few pretty solid years in Japan before coming back to the USA... :thumbup

Eddie G has sucked the past 2 seasons in Japan(save for a 13 game stint with YBS)

Actually, he didn't pitch last year. He went to camp with the Rockies and had a knee injury that ended his season. His previous season in Japan was cut short due to elbow surgery. Prior to THAT he was a pretty solid closer from what I understand...