ARROILA JUST RESIGNED

BOTHFISHFAN

Guest Juanky

Thank the Lord, he's a shame to the liberal ideology he's sworn to represent.

This can't possibly hurt our chances, so I like the possible side effects. Now we need to dump a couple more people.

Not so fast...

Arriola says he's staying put for now

By MICHAEL VASQUEZ

[email protected]

Miami City Manager Joe Arriola -- contrary to what his critics want, contrary to speculation further fueled by his own comments this morning on Cuban radio -- is staying put. For now, at least.

In an morning interview on Spanish-language AM station WQBA, Arriola reportedly said he would leave his post once a replacement is found. The comments led at least one TV station to report that Arriola had announced his retirement.

But Arriola later told the Miami Herald that his morning radio talk did not include any information not previously made public. The manager said he has made it clear he would eventually leave -- but there is no firm date as to when that would occur. It could be months and months away.

When Arriola talked on the radio about stepping down once a successor was found, the manager says he was simply explaining how the process would work, not implying he'd be leaving any sooner.

There is no chosen successor at this point, Arriola said, nor even any finalists for the job. Arriola noted that in 2002, Mayor Manny Diaz tapped him to lead the search for a city manager, and Arriola ended up taking the job himself when no suitable candidate was found.

''That could happen again,'' Arriola said.

i doubt that that is going to help the marlins at this point now.diaz turned his back on the marlins too and he's the mayor.he defended arriolla against samson.against us.

before anyone talks bad about samson just remember,samson is still trying to keep the marlins here.

samson and mayor alvarez and mayor robaina ar the good guys.

Well sort of.

I was just posting a new thread on this but you beat me to it. Yes, he has said he'll be leaving, but he's suggesting it won't be until after the November elections which may impact the Marlins chances of getting back into a dialogue with Miami (and recapturing those city-pledged CDT dollars).

The other thing is his most talked about replacement Jose Abreu, while a brilliant guy, is more of a technocrat than anything else with a long list of the same alliances as Arriola. At least he's not a neanderthal. Translation, when he kicks you in the b*lls he doesn't say "f*ck you very much" too.

One good thing about Abreu is he's been able to straddle the city/county fence pretty well and has earned high marks from county mayor Alvarez, who has been an ally of the Marlins.

Not so fast...

Arriola says he's staying put for now

By MICHAEL VASQUEZ

[email protected]

Miami City Manager Joe Arriola -- contrary to what his critics want, contrary to speculation further fueled by his own comments this morning on Cuban radio -- is staying put. For now, at least.

In an morning interview on Spanish-language AM station WQBA, Arriola reportedly said he would leave his post once a replacement is found. The comments led at least one TV station to report that Arriola had announced his retirement.

But Arriola later told the Miami Herald that his morning radio talk did not include any information not previously made public. The manager said he has made it clear he would eventually leave -- but there is no firm date as to when that would occur. It could be months and months away.

When Arriola talked on the radio about stepping down once a successor was found, the manager says he was simply explaining how the process would work, not implying he'd be leaving any sooner.

There is no chosen successor at this point, Arriola said, nor even any finalists for the job. Arriola noted that in 2002, Mayor Manny Diaz tapped him to lead the search for a city manager, and Arriola ended up taking the job himself when no suitable candidate was found.

''That could happen again,'' Arriola said.

sounds like the same story to me. it just sounds simply like he hasnt found anyone yet.

i doubt that that is going to help the marlins at this point now.diaz turned his back on the marlins too and he's the mayor.he defended arriolla against samson.against us.

before anyone talks bad about samson just remember,samson is still trying to keep the marlins here.

Samson is not trying very hard to keep them here. I can't wait to call and dig at that little weasel on Friday's Hammer show

Samson is not trying very hard to keep them here. I can't wait to call and dig at that little weasel on Friday's Hammer show

I'm sure your call will remind everyone what a class guy you are.