Opening Day Attendance

musk

Game Information

Stadium: Dolphins Stadium, Miami, FL

Attendance: 31,308 (86.2% full)

Game Time: 2:57

Temperature: 79 degrees, partly cloudy

Wind: 20 mph

Is this consistent w/ opening days since 03? Do you take this as a positive, negative or neutral number? What do you think 31k means in terms of the attendance for the rest of the season?

I think the attendence was pretty crummy , and I think it may be possible to finish last in attendence this year, but the Red Sox series will sellout just because Red Sox fans are ridiculous.

20 mph seems about right, the wind was really blowing, and they had tens of thousands of plastics bags that created a big mess in the stands and even on the field.

I would say that I am pleasntly suprised that we got 31,000 today. I am pretty sure the next two games will be around 10,000 per game. We just took 3 giant step backs in increasing our attendance and will probably have 2000 crowd numbers, not as bad as 2001 or 2002 I forget which was worse.

Guest Juanky

Game Information

Stadium: Dolphins Stadium, Miami, FL

Attendance: 31,308 (86.2% full)

Game Time: 2:57

Temperature: 79 degrees, partly cloudy

Wind: 20 mph

Is this consistent w/ opening days since 03? Do you take this as a positive, negative or neutral number? What do you think 31k means in terms of the attendance for the rest of the season?

It's less than usual, but the other factor to consider besides the obvious is that it wasn't the actual Opening Day, just the Home Opener. Obviously that shouldn't make that big of a difference, but thrown it with all the rest makes for less attendance.

:hat i was pleasantly suprised.considering our entire infield has been replaced,and the only 2 star players were willis and cabrerra,i thought the attendance would be worse.

it could always be better.but i was proud of the fans yesterday.today it's sure to drop.

what scares me is... if 30K is opening day.. what a random tuesday night in july w/ no pitching matchup gonna look like? Atendance wise...

It might be similar to 2002 when we had crowds that were about 5,000 or so. I remember I went to one game vs Detriot and the annoucned crowd was 4,800 something terrible like that. The one good thing is that alot of season ticket holders renewed before we sold off the team. But I would expect to see many crowds around 8,000

what scares me is... if 30K is opening day.. what a random tuesday night in july w/ no pitching matchup gonna look like? Atendance wise...

It might be similar to 2002 when we had crowds that were about 5,000 or so. I remember I went to one game vs Detriot and the annoucned crowd was 4,800 something terrible like that. The one good thing is that alot of season ticket holders renewed before we sold off the team. But I would expect to see many crowds around 8,000

that game you were talking about was the night Castillo had his 34 game hitting streak. 1 year to the day before Miguel Cabrera made his major league debut,

and it was raining.

w'ell see crowds like that this year, but it iwll be nice and sunny.

that game you were talking about was the night Castillo had his 34 game hitting streak. 1 year to the day before Miguel Cabrera made his major league debut,

and it was raining.

Yes you have a good memory. I went expecting to see alot of people because of the streak, but that didnt happen. I remember the marlins came back and won that game in the 9th inning, but Castillo's steak ended

and it was raining.

Yes you have a good memory. I went expecting to see alot of people because of the streak, but that didnt happen. I remember the marlins came back and won that game in the 9th inning, but Castillo's steak ended

it ended the next nite, but very similar conditions lol. guess who was pitching for detroit the night it ended.

There is no doubt the Marlins will finish with the worst attendance in the majors. Today's game, and I got this from my inside source, will have around 3000 ppl in the stands... :(

It will be neck and neck with Tampa and KC. Look at toronto-spent oodles of money, they have the roof and last week, opening week and they were drawing 15,000.

There is no doubt the Marlins will finish with the worst attendance in the majors. Today's game, and I got this from my inside source, will have around 3000 ppl in the stands... :(

It will be neck and neck with Tampa and KC. Look at toronto-spent oodles of money, they have the roof and last week, opening week and they were drawing 15,000.

I can't wait for AJ Burnette to start ripping the fans there

our attendance should be last, our payroll is the lowest in the mayors

I think the attendence was pretty crummy , and I think it may be possible to finish last in attendence this year, but the Red Sox series will sellout just because Red Sox fans are ridiculous.

You thought that attendance was crummy? Ever go to a game in 94-95? :lol