Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Abercrombie.

Featured Replies

Can't say I didn't see this coming even though I was pulling for them both. I doubt either has a future as a major leaguer...maybe Reed as a PR/5th OFer.

 

Don't feel bad for being right. These guys can't play at all. The Marlins literally have the worst 3 OF on any MLB roster in the entire majors leagues.

 

Oakland's triple AA OF

Bobby Kielty, Charles Thomas, Doug Clark

 

All three beat our trifecta. It's pathetic.

 

So all those guys are better than Hermida? :rolleyes:

 

I say put Strokes in the Of and bring him up ASAP

Can't say I didn't see this coming even though I was pulling for them both. I doubt either has a future as a major leaguer...maybe Reed as a PR/5th OFer.

 

Don't feel bad for being right. These guys can't play at all. The Marlins literally have the worst 3 OF on any MLB roster in the entire majors leagues.

 

Oakland's triple AA OF

Bobby Kielty, Charles Thomas, Doug Clark

 

All three beat our trifecta. It's pathetic.

 

So all those guys are better than Hermida? :rolleyes:

 

I say put Strokes in the Of and bring him up ASAP

And just how much do you know about Strokes?

 

:lol :lol :lol

Yes, yes and yes.

 

Send him on down. Aguila over Reed in center.

Can't say I didn't see this coming even though I was pulling for them both. I doubt either has a future as a major leaguer...maybe Reed as a PR/5th OFer.

 

Don't feel bad for being right. These guys can't play at all. The Marlins literally have the worst 3 OF on any MLB roster in the entire majors leagues.

 

Oakland's triple AA OF

Bobby Kielty, Charles Thomas, Doug Clark

 

All three beat our trifecta. It's pathetic.

 

So all those guys are better than Hermida? :rolleyes:

 

I say put Strokes in the Of and bring him up ASAP

And just how much do you know about Strokes?

 

:lol :lol :lol

 

we dont have ANYTHING to lose :whistle :shifty

Can't say I didn't see this coming even though I was pulling for them both. I doubt either has a future as a major leaguer...maybe Reed as a PR/5th OFer.

 

Don't feel bad for being right. These guys can't play at all. The Marlins literally have the worst 3 OF on any MLB roster in the entire majors leagues.

 

Oakland's triple AA OF

Bobby Kielty, Charles Thomas, Doug Clark

 

All three beat our trifecta. It's pathetic.

 

So all those guys are better than Hermida? :rolleyes:

 

I say put Strokes in the Of and bring him up ASAP

And just how much do you know about Strokes?

 

:lol :lol :lol

 

we dont have ANYTHING to lose :whistle :shifty

 

Lets try Olivo in the rotation. Because we have nothing to lose!!! :rolleyes:

 

Spike you can't hide your idiocy behind a new screen name.

Can't say I didn't see this coming even though I was pulling for them both. I doubt either has a future as a major leaguer...maybe Reed as a PR/5th OFer.

 

Don't feel bad for being right. These guys can't play at all. The Marlins literally have the worst 3 OF on any MLB roster in the entire majors leagues.

 

Oakland's triple AA OF

Bobby Kielty, Charles Thomas, Doug Clark

 

All three beat our trifecta. It's pathetic.

 

So all those guys are better than Hermida? :rolleyes:

 

I say put Strokes in the Of and bring him up ASAP

And just how much do you know about Strokes?

 

:lol :lol :lol

 

we dont have ANYTHING to lose :whistle :shifty

 

Well, Stokes hasn't gotten off to a good start in AAA. He's batting .091 with 22 AB, he's scored 1 run and had 2 hits. He's struck out 8 times and walked twice.

It's too soon to give up on Abercrombie. Especially considering that we have no one else to put in there. I agree that Aguila should be starting in center. However, they should keep Willy behind the plate, and Abercrombie in LF. There is a reason that Olivo is a journeyman catcher. He just can't hit. If anyone should be sent down it is Reed. He is great on defense but the kid just can't hit and I don't think he ever will. At least Abercrombie has some upside if he ever learns to make more contact. I think we are rushing to conclusions with Abercrombie, especially considering that the only consistant hitters so far have been Ramirez, Willingham, and Cabrera. Let's give them a few more weeks.

Well if I was watching the games I'd probably advocate for giving him a couple more starts to see if he did anything positive, but by what i am hearing the guy is stinking it up real bad. And I thought he had a future *sighs*

This is what we should do:

 

Moves

1) Option Josh Johnson to Triple A (If the Marlins truly see him as a starter he needs to get more innings)

2) Option Reggie Abercombie to Triple A

3) Call-Up Scott Olsen from Triple A

4) Call- Up Robert Andino

5) DNA or trade Matt Treanor to clear a roster spot(If ever need another cathcer we got Tom Wilson AAA)

6) Add Mike Kincade to roster

 

New Line Ups

 

1)

SS Hanley Ramirez

RF Jermy Hermida

3B Miguel Cabrera

C Josh Williangham

1B Mike Jacobs

LF Wes Helms

CF Chris Aguila

2B Robert Andino

 

Bench

2B/3B Dan Uggla

LF/CF Eric Reed

2B/SS Alfredo Almezaga

C Miguel Olivo

1B/ 3B Mike Kincade

 

2)

SS Hanley Ramirez

RF Jeremy Hermida

3B Miguel Cabrera

LF Josh Williangham

1B Mike Jacobs

CF Chris Aguila

2B Robert Andino

C Miguel Olivo

 

Bench

Eric Reed

Alfredo Almezaga

Wes Helms

Mike Kinkade

Dan Uggla

 

New Rotation

Dontrelle Willis

Sergio Mitre

Jason Vargas

Brain Moehler

Scott Olsen

 

Bullpen

Joe Borowski

Carlos Martinez

Franklyn German

Ricky Nolasco

Matt Herges

Chris Resop

Todd Wellemeyer

 

Notes:

1) Robert Andino has more potential and talent than Uggla who projects to be a bench player

2) Josh Johnson, Yusmerio Petit, Anibal Sanchez are already on roster and get call up when guys like Moehler, Borowski, Herges either get released or traded

3) Matt Treanor is the equivilant to Tom Wilson and if we ever need another catcher we just DNA Mike KinKade or Reggie Abercrombie

Just give Reed some more starts, he showed impressive range in the parts of the game I was able to watch today.

 

Let Kool Aid start against lefties and Reed against righties. And don't move players from spots where they are doing well (Shadez!) or sit players for no reason (Messiah!).

Just give Reed some more starts, he showed impressive range in the parts of the game I was able to watch today.

 

Let Kool Aid start against lefties and Reed against righties. And don't move players from spots where they are doing well (Shadez!) or sit players for no reason (Messiah!).

 

 

If by Messiah you mean Hermida he had a tweaked quad.

 

There is no reason to start Abercrombie against lefties. Hell, there is no reason for him to be on the major league roster.

This is what we should do:

 

Moves

1) Option Josh Johnson to Triple A (If the Marlins truly see him as a starter he needs to get more innings)

2) Option Reggie Abercombie to Triple A

3) Call-Up Scott Olsen from Triple A

4) Call- Up Robert Andino

5) DNA or trade Matt Treanor to clear a roster spot(If ever need another cathcer we got Tom Wilson AAA)

6) Add Mike Kincade to roster

 

New Line Ups

 

1)

SS Hanley Ramirez

RF Jermy Hermida

3B Miguel Cabrera

C Josh Williangham

1B Mike Jacobs

LF Wes Helms

CF Chris Aguila

2B Robert Andino

 

Bench

2B/3B Dan Uggla

LF/CF Eric Reed

2B/SS Alfredo Almezaga

C Miguel Olivo

1B/ 3B Mike Kincade

 

2)

SS Hanley Ramirez

RF Jeremy Hermida

3B Miguel Cabrera

LF Josh Williangham

1B Mike Jacobs

CF Chris Aguila

2B Robert Andino

C Miguel Olivo

 

Bench

Eric Reed

Alfredo Almezaga

Wes Helms

Mike Kinkade

Dan Uggla

 

New Rotation

Dontrelle Willis

Sergio Mitre

Jason Vargas

Brain Moehler

Scott Olsen

 

Bullpen

Joe Borowski

Carlos Martinez

Franklyn German

Ricky Nolasco

Matt Herges

Chris Resop

Todd Wellemeyer

 

Notes:

1) Robert Andino has more potential and talent than Uggla who projects to be a bench player

2) Josh Johnson, Yusmerio Petit, Anibal Sanchez are already on roster and get call up when guys like Moehler, Borowski, Herges either get released or traded

3) Matt Treanor is the equivilant to Tom Wilson and if we ever need another catcher we just DNA Mike KinKade or Reggie Abercrombie

 

theese moves will work

Just give Reed some more starts, he showed impressive range in the parts of the game I was able to watch today.

 

Let Kool Aid start against lefties and Reed against righties. And don't move players from spots where they are doing well (Shadez!) or sit players for no reason (Messiah!).

If by Messiah you mean Hermida he had a tweaked quad.

 

There is no reason to start Abercrombie against lefties. Hell, there is no reason for him to be on the major league roster.K, didn't know about Hermida.

 

Why not let Abercrombie start against lefties for a while? What's the harm anyways.

Also....

 

Trading Chips on 40 man roster

Renyel Pinto(most potenial of group)

Adam Bostick ( not in our long terms)

Logan Kenisng(Might do well out of bullpen but no need to worry)

Randy Messenger(doesn't project long term in our plans)

 

The best CF/OF options out there via trade(my knowledge):

 

1) Joey Gathright(TB)- .222 AVG( 4-18) 0-1 SB

2) Ryan Church(WA)- AAA .130 AVG (3-23) 1 HR

 

Neither are hot right now. Gathright is more available IMO though alot more expensive than Church because of Tampa history of trade demand. I believe a package of Pinto, Messenger, Bostick, Kensing etc can eventually net us a Church because:

 

1) Their Gm is Jim Bowden

2) The organization seems to not be high on Church (Manage Frank Robinson sure ain't)

3) Pinto, Bostick will make their list of top 10 prospects and Kensing, Messneger would be in 11-15 range

4) All 4 prospects I mention are atleast in AA and some are close to ready.

5) Ryan Church struggling

Just give Reed some more starts, he showed impressive range in the parts of the game I was able to watch today.

 

Let Kool Aid start against lefties and Reed against righties. And don't move players from spots where they are doing well (Shadez!) or sit players for no reason (Messiah!).

If by Messiah you mean Hermida he had a tweaked quad.

 

There is no reason to start Abercrombie against lefties. Hell, there is no reason for him to be on the major league roster.K, didn't know about Hermida.

 

Why not let Abercrombie start against lefties for a while? What's the harm anyways.

 

Because the guy would swing if they were trying to intentionally walk him. He has no knowledge of the strikezone. Sure he'll hit you 15 dingers a year, but he'll be batting .100 with a .101 OBP along with the 200 strike outs.

This is what we should do:

 

Moves

1) Option Josh Johnson to Triple A (If the Marlins truly see him as a starter he needs to get more innings)

2) Option Reggie Abercombie to Triple A

3) Call-Up Scott Olsen from Triple A

4) Call- Up Robert Andino

5) DNA or trade Matt Treanor to clear a roster spot(If ever need another cathcer we got Tom Wilson AAA)

6) Add Mike Kincade to roster

 

 

That does little to remedy this team. That is just unnecessary shuffling and does not create any sort of short/long term changes to the team's expected performance. If they want to try and improve, they need a considerable roster shakeup. They need to bring in outfielders right away, and go for hope in youth with the rotation AND pen.

 

1 - Get Gathright, Church, one of Arizona's young OF, or somebody else that can actually start in CF. ANYONE

2 - Option Abercrombie, Traenor, C. Martinez (He could stay over Mess, just preferance), Aguila/Reed; Release Herges

3 - Call up Olsen for 5th SP, insert Johnson/Nolasco into Moehler's spot, Bowyer and Messenger into bullpen, Call up Stokes for some bench/platoon thunder.

4 - Moehler to bullpen

5 - Find another OF anywhere, even if it's Luis Terrero-esque.

6 - Do not call up Andino. He needs to improve in the minors because he does have potential and don't want him overwhelmed. He also needs to learn 2B in a low pressure environment, versus the NL East.

 

Hanley, Hermida, Cabrera, Jacobs, Willingham, Olivo, CF, Uggla

Helms, Amezaga, Vet OF, Stokes, Aguila/Reed

Willis, Vargas, Mitre, Olsen, Johnson/Nolasco

Borowski, Resop, Wellemeyer, German, Moehler, Bowyer, Messenger

hope reggie pick it up but I can see aguila playing more if he doesn't start making contact.. Lets be honest we just need for them to get a bit better I don't think anyone here think these guys are going to make the playoff's just get better and some expirence playing together.. I just wish those Error come down a bit

That does little to remedy this team. That is just unnecessary shuffling and does not create any sort of short/long term changes to the team's expected performance. If they want to try and improve, they need a considerable roster shakeup. They need to bring in outfielders right away, and go for hope in youth with the rotation AND pen.

 

1 - Get Gathright, Church, one of Arizona's young OF, or somebody else that can actually start in CF. ANYONE

2 - Option Abercrombie, Traenor, C. Martinez (He could stay over Mess, just preferance), Aguila/Reed; Release Herges

3 - Call up Olsen for 5th SP, insert Johnson/Nolasco into Moehler's spot, Bowyer and Messenger into bullpen, Call up Stokes for some bench/platoon thunder.

4 - Moehler to bullpen

5 - Find another OF anywhere, even if it's Luis Terrero-esque.

6 - Do not call up Andino. He needs to improve in the minors because he does have potential and don't want him overwhelmed. He also needs to learn 2B in a low pressure environment, versus the NL East.

 

Hanley, Hermida, Cabrera, Jacobs, Willingham, Olivo, CF, Uggla

Helms, Amezaga, Vet OF, Stokes, Aguila/Reed

Willis, Vargas, Mitre, Olsen, Johnson/Nolasco

Borowski, Resop, Wellemeyer, German, Moehler, Bowyer, Messenger

 

I think its still to early for a roster shake up IMO(only been 7 games).

 

1) I would love to acquire Carlos Quentin or Chris Young though the only way I see that happening is if we trade them Dontrelle Willis. For Willis we can surely get both of them and maybe another prospect. Its possible because they recently moved Upton to CF and they will also have Carlos Gonzales who many scouts project to be a top 20 prospect by this time next year. Chris Young projects to be a better version of Mike Cameron with the defense and bat. Carlos Quentin can really hit and know's how to get on base.

 

2) I wouldn't release Herges just yet, Messenger has pitch bad in Triple and during spring training, Bowyer is on the DL. Im not ready to call a Stokes a bench player yet and frankly never been high on Mike Jacobs and he hasn't impressed me yet.

 

3)Moehler to bullpen is another option, we can put Nolasco in that spot(I like him better as reliver though). I don't think Johnson is ready yet and really needs to go to AAA and pitch there every 5 days.

 

4) I agree he needs to learn 2B but I think he is one of those players that plays better under pressure and when challenged. Ramirez for example, many scouts say it seemeds like he was bored in AA though his # weren't that good. Andino hit well during spring training and is still hitting well in AAA. But yea im okay with him staying in the minors as well, the reason I mentioned him is because he is already on the 40 man roster.

Spike you can't hide your idiocy behind a new screen name.

 

 

I'll have you know I havent been a part of this conversation until just now, idiot.

 

We should trade Petit for GAthright.

 

Yes, lets trade someone with potential for another CF that isn't hitting worth a crap(.222, .300., .222) and cant play defense in CF to save his life. That will save the season.

Because the guy would swing if they were trying to intentionally walk him. He has no knowledge of the strikezone. Sure he'll hit you 15 dingers a year, but he'll be batting .100 with a .101 OBP along with the 200 strike outs.

Which has led to two strikeouts in nineteen at bats, but also two walks. It's not like he's swinging and missing at everything, if he can make contact on something around his eyes then more power to him.

 

He's got 5 ground balls to 4 fly balls (going into today, splits only went up to 14 at bats), so all he needs to do is start getting more loft on the ball and he'll be fine.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.