Stop the Pain

FL Marlins CA

With this season going how it's going...what will you be doing to soften the blow of these losses, our errors, our lack of runs, our bullpen, etc...

Me, I'm still going to watch as many games as I can w/ MLB.tv...but I will be rooting for other teams as well.

My two other teams...the Dodgers (I live in Cali) and the Blue Jays (I like their hats, the "J"...plus my name starts with a J) :p

Also, I will be trying to watch the Heat...but the last two games, they have me feeling like the Marlins have had me feeling, lol

What will YOU DO?

With this season going how it's going...what will you be doing to soften the blow of these losses, our errors, our lack of runs, our bullpen, etc...

Me, I'm still going to watch as many games as I can w/ MLB.tv...but I will be rooting for other teams as well.

My two other teams...the Dodgers (I live in Cali) and the Blue Jays (I like their hats, the "J"...plus my name starts with a J) :p

Also, I will be trying to watch the Heat...but the last two games, they have me feeling like the Marlins have had me feeling, lol

What will YOU DO?

Ive been following the Dodgers a lot this year too. I was born in Northridge. When I hear Vin Scully I feel like Im back in the womb.

but we have a couple of potential studs on our hands here

they are gonna be real good in another year or two

:blink: I agree with Ramp.

I agree but we do have some duds on our team too. Once we weed all those duds out things will get better. (CF, Bullpen, Starting Rotation-Moe)

I guess what's most difficult, is that we've been 'good' for a while (3 years) and now, doing the 180 thing, is difficult!

but I enjoy this team more than 2005s...cause I used to get PISSED when they lost, cause I expected them to win, make it to the playoffs, and who knows...

but ANYTHING positive is worth so much more than it was last year to me!

Even with this, though, the losses are difficult...so I'll try to distract myself with other things!

What will YOU DO?

Meh, I was ok losing to the Rox, I put money on them this season to in the west. This season I am more focused on the Rox and the Brewers for the NL side and for the AL side, I am paying close attention to the Jays and Tigers.

Lower expectations = fewer ulcers.

lmfao! That's so true...thats a 'philosophy' I live by...don't expect sh*t, so that when something positive does happen, it's worth soo much more! :thumbup lol! :mischief :lol

Meh, I was ok losing to the Rox, I put money on them this season to in the west. This season I am more focused on the Rox and the Brewers for the NL side and for the AL side, I am paying close attention to the Jays and Tigers.

The Reds are also owning in the NL Central!

I'm such a bastard though...cause ANY team that our old (2005) Marlins are on, I don't want to win :plain lol...especially the Mets or the Cubs :plain I'm cool w/ the Jays though! :thumbup

Ive been following the Dodgers a lot this year too. I was born in Northridge. When I hear Vin Scully I feel like Im back in the womb.

nice! were you there in '94? My girlfriend was born in Van Nuys, and also lived in Northridge! :thumbup

Luckily my family had already moved before 94'. :angel

I think the Dodgers have a real shot this year to take down the division. It will be fun following my #2 team.

What pain? Before the season started Admin Beinfest said, "What's the difference if we loss 95 or 105 games this year?" He knows what he's got. And he's right. This is not a year to look at wins and losses. We have the most loaded team in MLB in terms of future potential from young players. It's interesting to see them make progress.

it really doesnt hurt that much

yea, its frustrating... but we have a couple of potential studs on our hands here

:thumbup

What do I do? Think about the loss for a few... Come on MB.com, read some stuff about baseball today and marlins post game wrap, then say...

AHHHHHHHHH F*CK it, We'll get them tomorrow! Go Fish!

it really doesnt hurt that much

yea, its frustrating... but we have a couple of potential studs on our hands here

:thumbup

What do I do? Think about the loss for a few... Come on MB.com, read some stuff about baseball today and marlins post game wrap, then say...

AHHHHHHHHH F*CK it, We'll get them tomorrow! Go Fish!

yep. Usually when I read the players comments I feel better. I can't wait for tomorrows game.

Guest Fritz

Bright House doesn't carry FSN so I don't see any Marlins games here in Lake Mary which is a blessing in disguise this year.

:plain

I cope by having a life outside of Florida Marlins baseball.

Sure you do

:mischief2

Oh I do... its called LSU sports. Only our baseball team this year is garbage! I still try to go to as many games as I can. But our football team is in shape to possibly win the SEC this year. I also have somewhat of a love affair with the D Rays. So that and the idea of the Marlins getting a stadium helps me over. We could lose every game this year, but as long as we get that stadium I will view this year as one of Florida's best!!!

I cope by having a life outside of Florida Marlins baseball.

Sure you do

:mischief2

Oh I do... its called LSU sports. Only our baseball team this year is garbage! I still try to go to as many games as I can. But our football team is in shape to possibly win the SEC this year. I also have somewhat of a love affair with the D Rays. So that and the idea of the Marlins getting a stadium helps me over. We could lose every game this year, but as long as we get that stadium I will view this year as one of Florida's best!!!

Yes....it is fun to follow your college team while you're in college. When I went to UF I went to probably 10 games a year. No charge. Had a great time just watching baseball. Don't have a clue how good or bad the team was. They were competitive, but not in the top 10. And college football games when you're a student are fantastic. LSU has a chance....they are in the SEC, and anybody can theoretically win. Very tough team at home. Hopefully you're taking advantage of the many other things to do in college besides watching sports. :cool

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.