1 Million...

FL Marlins CA

Anyway...will the Marlins break the 1 million mark this year for attendance? If we have about 10,000 (high estimate) per game...we're looking at around 820,000...

we've been having a lot less at times though, in the 8,000/game...

can we do it?!

At 10K per game it'd be 810,000.

Anyway...will the Marlins break the 1 million mark this year for attendance? If we have about 10,000 (high estimate) per game...we're looking at around 820,000...

we've been having a lot less at times though, in the 8,000/game...

can we do it?!

At 10K per game it'd be 810,000.

oh yea, 81 home games :p :shifty

Highly unlikely considering we may set franchise records for low attendance in August and September.

What's more concerning is how bad it will be next year when season ticket holders who were rope-a-doped into this year don't renew.

agreed totally

I agree but disagree. If we get a stadium deal done this year people are going to try to lock up seats for the new stadium. As Loria mentioned. The longer you are a season ticket holder the better chance of you getting great seats for the new stadium.

It could go both ways but I doubt that the attendance would go up drastically.

We have no TRUE fans in a town full of football fans. All real baseball fans are broke (MOST). But yeah, we might reach about 850-900K in attendance at our best, at worst, we'll probably draw an awful 700K.

This is def. a football town but there ARE some TRUE fans that live here that go out and support the team...

We have no TRUE fans in a town full of football fans. All real baseball fans are broke (MOST). But yeah, we might reach about 850-900K in attendance at our best, at worst, we'll probably draw an awful 700K.

Yea you are right. I am just a fairweather fan who hates football.

No true fans?...Speak for yourself.

Highly unlikely considering we may set franchise records for low attendance in August and September.

What's more concerning is how bad it will be next year when season ticket holders who were rope-a-doped into this year don't renew.

agreed totally

I agree but disagree. If we get a stadium deal done this year people are going to try to lock up seats for the new stadium. As Loria mentioned. The longer you are a season ticket holder the better chance of you getting great seats for the new stadium.

Nah, you're guaranteed the equivalent of your seat at the new stadium, regardless of tenure.

Only way people start locking in seats is if there's a demand crunch and I've honestly yet to see that in the Marlins entire history, playoffs withstanding.

Anyone who has any interest in the Marlins right now is a true fan in my book, yourself included. Anyone who follows this crap is just an awesome fan.

I have season tickets. I've missed one home game this year. It is not fun going to the games knowing that we have a good chance of losing. It is not fun seeing your team make error after error, mental or otherwise, and lose. Still I go to the games. Mostly because I consider myself a true fan and because I have already paid for the tickets.

I will only renew my tickets next year if we get a stadium and can see that the team is going to improve in the near future. If a better team is not on the field next year I will follow my beloved marlins on TV and suffer and cry in my beer at home.

agreed totally

Nah, you're guaranteed the equivalent of your seat at the new stadium, regardless of tenure.

Only way people start locking in seats is if there's a demand crunch and I've honestly yet to see that in the Marlins entire history, playoffs withstanding.

Didn't Loria say at the 2004 press conference that people who have had season tickets longer pick first for ST in the new stadium?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.