Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paging Jason Stokes.....

Featured Replies

I've seen enough of Mike Jacobs and his 1st pitch hitting.....I think Stokes deserves a chance now. Even though Stokes K's a lot....he tore up spring training and is always around or over .300 in the minors.

 

Stokes has as much if not more power than Jacobs as well. They need to platoon....send down Reed.

  • Author

Stokes is on the DL.

 

 

 

He will be back soon like Hermida I believe.

 

 

I'd like to see a lineup....

 

1-Ramirez

2-Uggla

3-Cabrera

4-Willingham

5-Hermida

6-Stokes/Jacobs

7-Olivo

8-Abercrombie/Aguila/Borchard

this is just a call of desperation. stokes will not fair much better at all and would probably strikeout 40-50 times per 100AB.

who is more injury prone, Stokes or Hermida?

 

Hermida did play in 141 games last year b/w AA and the majors.

  • Author

this is just a call of desperation. stokes will not fair much better at all and would probably strikeout 40-50 times per 100AB.

 

 

 

I doubt it...Stokes has hit good at every level.

 

I'll put money on it that he can hit .250 or better with more power.

Stokes is on the DL.

 

 

 

isnt stokes on the DL

 

 

:plain

I've seen enough of Mike Jacobs and his 1st pitch hitting.....I think Stokes deserves a chance now. Even though Stokes K's a lot....he tore up spring training and is always around or over .300 in the minors.

 

Stokes has as much if not more power than Jacobs as well. They need to platoon....send down Reed.

 

 

Yes thats what i been saying Jacobs doesnt look so good and we should bring up Stokes after he comes back from the DL :whistle

Stokes is on the DL.

 

 

 

He will be back soon like Hermida I believe.

 

 

I'd like to see a lineup....

 

1-Ramirez

2-Uggla

3-Cabrera

4-Willingham

5-Hermida

6-Stokes/Jacobs

7-Olivo

8-Abercrombie/Aguila/Borchard

 

 

:thumbup

i don't see whats taking the fish so long to bring him up..what do they want from him?...he's hitting well and always has.

i don't see whats taking the fish so long to bring him up..what do they want from him?...he's hitting well and always has.

 

 

Stokes is on the DL.

i don't see whats taking the fish so long to bring him up..what do they want from him?...he's hitting well and always has.

 

 

Stokes is on the DL.

 

 

 

 

 

:lol

Is Stokes injured???

 

 

 

i don't see whats taking the fish so long to bring him up..what do they want from him?...he's hitting well and always has.

 

 

Stokes is on the DL.

 

 

 

 

:plain

i like Marlins2003's idea of moving Cabs to 1B and Andindo to 3B

 

Yeah, let's tell the team's star player to change positions for a rookie. :rolleyes:

i like Marlins2003's idea of moving Cabs to 1B and Andindo to 3B

 

Yeah, let's tell the team's star player to change positions for a rookie. :rolleyes:

It's not so much an idea as a "what-if".

 

First of all, there is no one in the organization who can play third base. Second, I said in a thread I'm certainly willing to give Cabrera more time to get his play together. And third, I was comparing Cabrera to Pujols who in 2001 and 2002 played alot of LF, third base (even a game at SS) and ultimately moved to first permanantly.

 

And regarding Andino, my point was if he succeeds so well in AAA that he forces himself onto the roster, and Uggla continues to produce, I didn't think it was out of the realm of possibility that one of them moves to third and Miggy to first.

 

As for being afraid to move Cabrera because he's "the team's star player", things don't work that way. Ask Pujols.

i like Marlins2003's idea of moving Cabs to 1B and Andindo to 3B

 

Yeah, let's tell the team's star player to change positions for a rookie. :rolleyes:

It's not so much an idea as a "what-if".

 

First of all, there is no one in the organization who can play third base. Second, I said in a thread I'm certainly willing to give Cabrera more time to get his play together. And third, I was comparing Cabrera to Pujols who in 2001 and 2002 played alot of LF, third base (even a game at SS) and ultimately moved to first permanantly.

 

And regarding Andino, my point was if he succeeds so well in AAA that he forces himself onto the roster, and Uggla continues to produce, I didn't think it was out of the realm of possibility that one of them moves to third and Miggy to first.

 

As for being afraid to move Cabrera because he's "the team's star player", things don't work that way. Ask Pujols.

 

or Soriano

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.