Beckett back in NY

As soon as that ball was up, I knew it would be dropped. I don't like the idea of putting Cabrera in right - he played only a couple of games there in the minors. Then again, Bernie or Crosby don't have too much experience out there either. Still, either probably would have been a better choice (especially with the wind blowing).

Beckett looked nasty last night. I noticed he used a splitter a few times... the pitch looked nasty as hell. It really dropped sharply, but he was still throwing it at 91 mph.

From what I gathered from last night, these are now his pitches:

1. Fastball - 94-98 mph

2. Change - 86-88 mph

3. Curve - am I wrong or did he throw two different kinds of curves? One in the 70's and the other in the low 80's?

4. Splitter - 88-91

For some reason I thought maybe he also threw a slider...

Those four pitches together make him nasty as hell. Damn.

Beckett looked nasty last night. I noticed he used a splitter a few times... the pitch looked nasty as hell. It really dropped sharply, but he was still throwing it at 91 mph.

From what I gathered from last night, these are now his pitches:

1. Fastball - 94-98 mph

2. Change - 86-88 mph

3. Curve - am I wrong or did he throw two different kinds of curves? One in the 70's and the other in the low 80's?

4. Splitter - 88-91

For some reason I thought maybe he also threw a slider...

Those four pitches together make him nasty as hell. Damn.

Pretty much spot on, YES said he had a 99 mph pitch, but who knows.

The curve was absolutely disgusting. When he nibbles and tries to be perfect, like he tried in his couple of bad starts, he's going to get hit but when he attacks and lets his stuff do the work, he is a top 3 pitcher in the majors.

He barely missed to Giambi and Giambi is playing at such a high level right now that any little mistake is going to be hit, but any other hitter he comes out of this game with just the one earned possibly.

If he cuts down on his pitches just a bit in inning number one he is going to go on a long string of wins.