Logan Kensing???

Got ya, but can't really fault Joe really for not going to Borowski tonight and I don't know who else we could've tried. Logan got the job done the day before so why not give him a shot at the save I guess... we hadn't failed with that yet. I don't know just my opinion, but you have yours and I respect that.

Because Joe Borowski is not very good himself, and you could throw any bullpen guy out there in the 9th to try to do the job, yet the majority of the time they'll fail.

Borowski is a below average pitcher whos stuff is actually probably not as good as Kensings. The only difference is Borowski has had many years to learn how to be mediocre, yet Kensing is learning that skill on the fly at a young age.

I was at the game and Borowski was warming up and then out of nowhere Kensing starts warming up. I told my son and this Rays fan I was next too that the game was over and he said " This kid is that good?" "No just the opposite" was my reply. I've rooted for Kensing since he made those emergency starts in 04, but at this time it doesn't look like he has the stuff to get out MLB hitters. Time to move on with this one.

Because Joe Borowski is not very good himself, and you could throw any bullpen guy out there in the 9th to try to do the job, yet the majority of the time they'll fail.

Borowski is a below average pitcher whos stuff is actually probably not as good as Kensings. The only difference is Borowski has had many years to learn how to be mediocre, yet Kensing is learning that skill on the fly at a young age.

Oh lord here we go again....

Look at Borowski's career stats. He's way better than Logan Kensing. There is a reason why Borowski has a job every year and Kensing will not.

I was at the game and Borowski was warming up and then out of nowhere Kensing starts warming up. I told my son and this Rays fan I was next too that the game was over and he said " This kid is that good?" "No just the opposite" was my reply. I've rooted for Kensing since he made those emergency starts in 04, but at this time it doesn't look like he has the stuff to get out MLB hitters. Time to move on with this one.

Ding ding ding....we have a winner. Borowski would have slammed the door shut vs. HIS FORMER TEAM!

Borowski career ERA of 3.97.

Kensing career ERA of 10 +.

Who would you put in as a manager? wow just wow.....

Look at Borowski's career stats. He's way better than Logan Kensing. There is a reason why Borowski has a job every year and Kensing will not.

Ding ding ding....we have a winner. Borowski would have slammed the door shut vs. HIS FORMER TEAM!

Borowski would have slammed the door shut huh?

He slammed it shut the other night alright. Except he slammed his own teams door shut.

You must have not watched the game before yesterday.

To those of you that are saying Kensing doesnt have the stuff to get Major League hitters out are a joke. The kid has a 93-94 MPH fastball and a nice slider which he just happened to hang one to the wrong hitter.

Stuff is only one thing. You need makeup and confidence. John Rocker had the stuff and not the makeup.

I dont care what Borowskis career #'s are when batters are hitting .300 against him, he has a 4.96 era and 1.78 whip.

Borowski has always been able to get jobs because he's never been good enough to get good money. In other words, he's consistently cheap.

I dont care what Borowskis career #'s are when batters are hitting .300 against him, he has a 4.96 era and 1.78 whip.

Borowski has always been able to get jobs because he's never been good enough to get good money. In other words, he's consistently cheap.

Again, what are hitters batting vs. Kensing? .750?

Please, veterans who are pitching against their former teams (D-Rays) would have a better chance at revenge than Kensing would.

To those of you that are saying Kensing doesnt have the stuff to get Major League hitters out are a joke. The kid has a 93-94 MPH fastball and a nice slider which he just happened to hang one to the wrong hitter.

Stuff is only one thing. You need makeup and confidence. John Rocker had the stuff and not the makeup.

John Rocker was a good closer until he got hurt.

Again, what are hitters batting vs. Kensing? .750?

Please, veterans who are pitching against their former teams (D-Rays) would have a better chance at revenge than Kensing would.

Why do you keep using career numbers? Kensing prob. hasnt even pitched in 20 games.

Lets look at Borowskis saves this year. 2 against Washington. 1 against Chicago. One against Pittsburgh. One against Philadelphia.

Sure, good job, but against bad teams.

If you really trust Borowski to close games against teams with a good offense, then I feel for you.

Kensing is only 23, and the night before last night he pitched one inning, and collected 3 K's. Why not go with him?

Now, I am not saying Logan is as good as Johan Santana, but at darn near the same ages, through his first 2 seasons, Johan had 5.88 ERA, and while Logans is higher(9.33, not the 10+ era you boast for his career), he's also had fewer innings.

The point is, young pitchers, regardless of stuff, struggle.

Did Logan kick your dog? You didn't praise him for his good work the day before when he did keep the lead and Joe Borowski gave up the lead.

I just don't think they guy has major league stuff....much like Bump.

He does have Major League stuff but he is leaving the ball high.

He has a very live arm.

Lets look at Borowskis saves this year. 2 against Washington. 1 against Chicago. One against Pittsburgh. One against Philadelphia.

Sure, good job, but against bad teams.

If you really trust Borowski to close games against teams with a good offense, then I feel for you.

Kensing is only 23, and the night before last night he pitched one inning, and collected 3 K's. Why not go with him?

Now, I am not saying Logan is as good as Johan Santana, but at darn near the same ages, through his first 2 seasons, Johan had 5.88 ERA, and while Logans is higher(9.33, not the 10+ era you boast for his career), he's also had fewer innings.

The point is, young pitchers, regardless of stuff, struggle.

My point is - Borowski > Kensing. PERIOD. End of story.

So why put in Kensing when you have Borowski???? It's a no-brainer.

Borowski is not a good pitcher. He's just another turd we pulled off the scrap heap.

Kensing has a future, despite your nonsense ramblings that he is not good enough. He is 23. He has a total of 27 MLB IP. A K rate of 6.7/9.

You constantly bringing up career #'s to talk about a pitcher who has pitched the equivilent of 3 games is just...silly.

He's young, he will struggle, all young pitchers do. As I said, Johan Santana(not comparing Kensing to him) wasnt good out of the pen early in his career.

Kensing also has good stuff. A nice sinker, a nice slider, and a mid 90's fastball. If Wiley was still here showing him how to use those pitchers in short outings Logan would be much better.

Kensing will be here after this year, and after the next year, and so on. Borowski, if we are lucky, wont.

Borowski has 5 saves against 5 bad teams. Kensing has much better stuff than Borowski, he is just young and is on his 3rd pitching coach in 3 years(more if you count the minors), this one not being a good pitching coach. Kensing had a much better chance of closing the game out against the Devil Rays, as with their offense they likely would of picked Borowski apart. He is quite hittable.

I thought Kensing would get the job done especially after the play before the home run that saved the game , me and the other marlins fan were standing up only to run out of the "trop" yet again . Btw while I thought Kensing would get the job done sat nite , in all honesty he has been up several times over the years i dont see anything "special" about the guy i think after we get the stadium and the rebuilding and market correction are over Logan will not be a part of this team he probably will be a fringe middle reliever for the rest of his career .