Anibal Sanchez

Hollyberry

Call me crazy but I think he did a "decent" job today. We just have to take on Big Papi and Manny :p . I know he gave up 7 runs in about 4 innings but we saw glimpses sp? of a good pitcher. He just needs to work on a few things but I really think this guy is the real deal.

Discuss. Sorry if you think I am totally crazy :lol .

Call me crazy but I think he did a "decent" job today. We just have to take on Big Papi and Manny :p . I know he gave up 7 runs in about 4 innings but we saw glimpses sp? of a good pitcher. He just needs to work on a few things but I really think this guy is the real deal.

Discuss. Sorry if you think I am totally crazy :lol .

You're totally crazy.

Dirty Sanchez pitched about as poorly as his outcome was bad tonight.

I'd say that even in his previous start, his 'stuff' didn't look particularly overpowering.

It's more likely Moe will get the start on Wednesday. We need to keep Moe as an inning eater. Take our time with Anibel. Anibel has much more potential than Moe, but tonite Anibel had a worse outing than Moe. Moe had trouble throwing strikes to the first few hitters, which isn't that uncommon with all pitchers. Then he got rocked by the home run that was a pitch at nose level. All the home runs Anibel gave up were grooved right down the middle.

It's more likely Moe will get the start on Wednesday. We need to keep Moe as an inning eater. Take our time with Anibel. Anibel has much more potential than Moe, but tonite Anibel had a worse outing than Moe. Moe had trouble throwing strikes to the first few hitters, which isn't that uncommon with all pitchers. Then he got rocked by the home run that was a pitch at nose level. All the home runs Anibel gave up were grooved right down the middle.

I know that Moe didnt pitch that many pitches but will he be able to go Wednesday?

I know that Moe didnt pitch that many pitches but will he be able to go Wednesday?

I pray to god Moehler gets DFA

Wait a sec.

Sanchez didnt have the opportunity to have any type of pre-game ritual.

He gets brought in against the Red Sox (with Ortiz) and he's making his second big league appearance.

Cut the guy some slack.

I'm not ripping Anibel's potential. I like what I've seen so far. He was in a tough spot tonite absolutely.

He was simply overmatched and it didn't help that the wind was blowing out at 20 mph. But you just can't leave pitch after pitch up in the strike zone like that and expect to survive at this level.

He got what he deserved and hopefully he'll learn from it. I still expect he'll be a terrific pitcher but he needs to think twice about second-guessing his catcher and not locating like he did tonight.

Sanchez is a young guy. It rare to have your first season under 3.20 ERA. So far I only seen Johnson and Clemens start that good in their first year. Beside, he is not the only guy that went through this, look at Olsen, Nolasco, Kensing, etc...

Are you referring to Sanchez when you say "season". He's pitched all of 9 innings. Anyway, one of the youngsters will get a start on Wednesday as Moehller is on the DL. Probably Pinto or Kensing. Good luck to whoever it is.

Sanchez is a young guy. It rare to have your first season under 3.20 ERA. So far I only seen Johnson and Clemens start that good in their first year. Beside, he is not the only guy that went through this, look at Olsen, Nolasco, Kensing, etc...

Are you referring to Sanchez when you say "season". He's pitched all of 9 innings. Anyway, one of the youngsters will get a start on Wednesday as Moehller is on the DL. Probably Pinto or Kensing. Good luck to whoever it is.

I think Kensing should stay in the bullpen. Martinez sadly got injure so Messenger can only go so far as the SU.

either way... sanchez should have been in from the start.... then he could have gone through his normal routine and wouldnt have been thrown in there to warm up on the mound in front of 38,000.... girardi was pretty certain sanchez would be used in long relief... well... if you think somebody will probably be needed in long relief its because you dont believe in your starter.... he will be ok

either way... sanchez should have been in from the start.... then he could have gone through his normal routine and wouldnt have been thrown in there to warm up on the mound in front of 38,000.... girardi was pretty certain sanchez would be used in long relief... well... if you think somebody will probably be needed in long relief its because you dont believe in your starter.... he will be ok

Plus the beating that Moehler recieve had Bos hungry for more. When your SP struggle early, opponect hitter confidence goes up during the game.

Yeah, I'd guess either Pinto or Petit are called up to start depending on which one is available based on the AAA rotation

Kensing is probably strictly a setup man now, as he should be