Movies That Made You Cry

Ramp

Awakenings.

It's just f***ed up and sad. 'Nuff said. *goes n' cries again* Actually, the one scene I can think of is where DeNiro's character starts regressing and can't even comb his hair and you can just see all the pain and frustration on his face. Gets me everytime.

THANKS RAMP!

Oh, yeah and the Royal Tenenbaums where Ritchie shaves off his beard and says, "I'm going to kill myself."

I'll Admit It:

Braveheart. The end torture scene. From Wallace's demeanor, Princess Isabelle's reactions, and it is one of the most beautifully and perfectly scored scenes I've ever seen.

Schindler's List. No matter how many times I see it I will shed some tears when the survivors give Oskar the ring and he breaks down. Anyone with a soul has to get emotional at that part.

Magnolia. Tom Cruise talking to his father who is on his death bed. Cruise makes that scene so damn powerful.

The Last Of The Mohicans. Hawkeye and Chingachgook doing the burial cermony at the end is beautiful.

Saving Private Ryan. When the older, present day Ryan is asking his wife if he has led a good life. After all the horrible stuff in that movie, thats the final heartstring pull for me.

The Green Mile. Practically the whole damn movie.

Close But No Cigar:

Mystic River. The whole last 30 minutes of the film are some of the most powerful I've ever seen. From Dave's death on and the words Laura Linney's character says to Sean Penn at the end makes my hairs stand up everytime.

Field Of Dreams. Ray asking his dad if he wants to have a catch at the end.

A Beautiful Mind. When all the other professors are laying down their pens for John Nash.

Garden State. Zach Braff and Natalie Portman's talk in the airport.

Rain Man. The end train scene where the Babbit's depart.

Lost In Translation. I'm not a big fan of this movie but Murray and Johansson's scene together at the end was so well thought out, shot, and done.

I'll Admit It:

Braveheart. The end torture scene. From Wallace's demeanor, Princess Isabelle's reactions, and it is one of the most beautifully and perfectly scored scenes I've ever seen.

Schindler's List. No matter how many times I see it I will shed some tears when the survivors give Oskar the ring and he breaks down. Anyone with a soul has to get emotional at that part.

Magnolia. Tom Cruise talking to his father who is on his death bed. Cruise makes that scene so damn powerful.

The Last Of The Mohicans. Hawkeye and Chingachgook doing the burial cermony at the end is beautiful.

Saving Private Ryan. When the older, present day Ryan is asking his wife if he has led a good life. After all the horrible stuff in that movie, thats the final heartstring pull for me.

The Green Mile. Practically the whole damn movie.

Close But No Cigar:

Mystic River. The whole last 30 minutes of the film are some of the most powerful I've ever seen. From Dave's death on and the words Laura Linney's character says to Sean Penn at the end makes my hairs stand up everytime.

Field Of Dreams. Ray asking his dad if he wants to have a catch at the end.

A Beautiful Mind. When all the other professors are laying down their pens for John Nash.

Garden State. Zach Braff and Natalie Portman's talk in the airport.

Rain Man. The end train scene where the Babbit's depart.

Lost In Translation. I'm not a big fan of this movie but Murray and Johansson's scene together at the end was so well thought out, shot, and done.

the green mile too? the only part that was a bit sad was when the big black guy was put in the chair...

Schindler's List

Eight Below

Titanic (Celine's song, DAMN)

Armageddon (I can dig that)

Munich

Lion King

The Notebook

Love Actually

Never cried, but I've come close on those...especially Schindler's List.

There are definitely more but I can't think of them right now. Men 'are' allowed to cry in movies. It's the mark of a good movie to tear jerk.

Pretty simple. More of a question for the guys because girls cry at everything ( :mischief )...

What movies have made you cry or come close to it? Why didnt you cry when you came that close?

Proof that girls don't cry at everything.....

Schlinder's List- at the end when the actors came out with the real people they were protraying while "Jerusalem of Gold" played in the background. I tear up whenever I hear that haunting violin solo.

Armageddon- when Bruce says goodbye to Liv. Got to love those daddy/daughter scenes

Cinderella Man- when the decision is announced at the end signifiying that Braddock won- against all odds.

Ghost- at the end when Patrick's character tells Demi that you take the love with you. About a week before I saw that movie, I lost a very close friend. Those words meant a lot to me.

It's a Wonderful Life- at the end when George realizes that his life does matter and that he does have friends that love him and support him.

When Old Yeller dies.

ditto...where the red furn grows brought a tear to my eye as well...what can i say, i love dogs...

Patch Adams.

ditto as well to that...you treat a disease, you win, you lose, you treat a person, i guarentee you win, no matter what the outcome...god i love that line...if only more people thought like that...robin williams is amazing...the 03 marlins WS video also makes me cry...what can i say...i love marlins baseball

The Green Mile

Titanic (the scene where they go back to try and save the passengers)

Gladiator

The Passion of the Christ

Saving Private Ryan

That's pretty much it. I think I might have started sheding a tear during Free Willy, but that was years ago and I refuse to share that information. :whistle

I never really cry all out when watching a movie because that's just silly. But there was that scene in the Last Samurai, and the end of Return of the King when they're at The Grey Havens. And then there was Old Yeller, but that was like 12 years ago. I also got choked up a little in the Passion when JC asks god to forgive the Romans while he's being brutally killed. And finally, "Wanna have a catch".

I never really cry all out when watching a movie because that's just silly. But there was that scene in the Last Samurai, and the end of Return of the King when they're at The Grey Havens. And then there was Old Yeller, but that was like 12 years ago. I also got choked up a little in the Passion when JC asks god to forgive the Romans while he's being brutally killed. And finally, "Wanna have a catch".

its funny (not haha) but since my dad is a sh*thead and thinks his 3rd wife is more important than his only son, "the wanna have a catch" thing never got me...but i do cry at most kevin costner movies...mostly because he is in them :whistle