Who deserves to be named Rookie of the Year?

PBCMarlinsFan

I will say, though, if Johnson finishes with those numbers (again, a bit ambitious I feel), then he should be a near unanimous choice for the award.

However, I do think it's entirely probable to see Uggla finish with around 25 homers, around a .300 average and likely an OPS in the mid .800's. As a second-baseman, that's almost a lock for the silver slugger, so it should be more than enough for ROY, unless JJ puts up the sub 3 ERA and 17 wins.

I will say, though, if Johnson finishes with those numbers (again, a bit ambitious I feel), then he should be a near unanimous choice for the award.

However, I do think it's entirely probable to see Uggla finish with around 25 homers, around a .300 average and likely an OPS in the mid .800's. As a second-baseman, that's almost a lock for the silver slugger, so it should be more than enough for ROY, unless JJ puts up the sub 3 ERA and 17 wins.

I think it will come down to JJ and Uggla being the Marlins best candidates for ROY. Plus Uggla has the whole Rule-5 pick suprise success story advantage with Tommy Hutton as his PR agent . Then again, JJ is only 22-years-old and spent almost all of last season in Carolina. In the end, the fact Uggla was a Rule 5 pick might put the vote in Uggla's favor even if JJ puts up numbers like those I posted. But it is hard to say. Still interested in seeing what other fans have to say.

I think it will come down to JJ and Uggla being the Marlins best candidates for ROY. Plus Uggla has the whole Rule-5 pick suprise success story advantage with Tommy Hutton as his PR agent . Then again, JJ is only 22-years-old and spent almost all of last season in Carolina. In the end, the fact Uggla was a Rule 5 pick might put the vote in Uggla's favor even if JJ puts up numbers like those I posted. But it is hard to say. Still interested in seeing what other fans have to say.

If JJ puts up those numbers, no lie, he should be a near unanimous choice.

Those are fringe Cy Young numbers, they should be a rubber stamp for ROY.

If JJ puts up those numbers, no lie, he should be a near unanimous choice.

Those are fringe Cy Young numbers, they should be a rubber stamp for ROY.

i agree whole heartedly...and while id like to see Uggla continue to put up big time numbers...i think his power is gonna drop off in teh 2nd half a bit...id be more than thrilled to see him hover around .300 with another 6-10 homers though

If Uggla can hit another 5-10 hrs, drive in 40 more runs, and stay above 300 in average, he has a very good shot at being named ROY. However, based on the poll predictions only, I think that JJ's numbers would be even more impressive (without taking anything away from Danny). I still seriously doubt JJ will be that dominant; he's never pitched that much in his career, and he might just get tired down the stretch.

No way in hell Johnson wins 17 games.

I went with Uggla.

But the question is, "IF they finish with those stats...." Do you still give it to Uggla?

Probably not. But that is really difficult to say because Reggie Abercrombie will win the Triple Crown before Johnson wins 17 games. Ok maybe that's a stretch but hopefully you get my point.

I don't think my projection for JJ is that outlandish. Johnson could've easily been 10-4 right now if it wasn't for bullpen breakdowns earlier in the season (May 15 @ Atlanta when the bullpen gave up 9 runs and May 20 & Tampa Bay when Branyan got that walk-off homerun against Kensing).

Girardi is now managing the bullpen much better than he was in May and the relievers have a better idea what their roles are and are looking sharp for the most part. Plus the offense has kicked into gear. I expect some late season dropoff in performance from the rookies as the season grinds on them. But I also think of all the rookie pitchers, JJ has the build and mentality to pitch the strongest until the end of the season.

JJ has been a Godsend this year. He just needs to control his walks because he has been keeping the hitters at bay. Pitching wins games and I think he deserves it

I feel these stats are realistic projections of where JJ, Uggla and Hanley could end up at the end of the season. The question is if any or all of them put up numbers anywhere near those I listed once the season has wrapped up, which Marlin would be most deserving Rookie of the Year award?

as for your signature, "Franchise" Liriano leads the majors in lowest era :mischief