Traffic at Dolphins Stadium

Madman81

What the f***? I spent an hour trying to get out of the parking lot after the game. 20000 there and it's a free-for-all log jam. What's the deal? Is it always like this? How the hell is it after a sold-out 'Fins game? Jeez. Whose stupid sh*t idea was it to put toll collection right outside the stadium? :banghead

What the f***? I spent an hour trying to get out of the parking lot after the game. 20000 there and it's a free-for-all log jam. What's the deal? Is it always like this? How the hell is it after a sold-out 'Fins game? Jeez. Whose stupid sh*t idea was it to put toll collection right outside the stadium? :banghead

It's really bad after Dolphins games. If you need to take the turnpike, I think it's a bit easier to get out to 199th street and make a right onto 27th avenue until you get to the turnpike, the traffic isn't as bad.

It's really bad after Dolphins games. If you need to take the turnpike, I think it's a bit easier to get out to 199th street and make a right onto 27th avenue until you get to the turnpike, the traffic isn't as bad.

If I come on the turnpike and park at the first opportunity for stadium parking, what's my best way to the turnpike afterwards? Tonight, the only way I saw to go was where there were 60 million cars free-for-alling into a log jam, both on the way out of the parking lot and up to the toll booth. Not until 45 minutes later and paying 85 cents for the 75 cent toll did it free up. I've looked at this map to try to understand what you said: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formt...S&geodiff=1

If I can get to 27th ave to go around to the turnpike I understand, but is there a way to leave and make that right without being stuck behind everyone going left? Regardless, I gather that going around is faster than waiting through the log jam up to the tolls.

If I come on the turnpike and park at the first opportunity for stadium parking, what's my best way to the turnpike afterwards? Tonight, the only way I saw to go was where there were 60 million cars free-for-alling into a log jam, both on the way out of the parking lot and up to the toll booth. Not until 45 minutes later and paying 85 cents for the 75 cent toll did it free up. I've looked at this map to try to understand what you said: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formt...S&geodiff=1

If I can get to 27th ave to go around to the turnpike I understand, but is there a way to leave and make that right without being stuck behind everyone going left? Regardless, I gather that going around is faster than waiting through the log jam up to the tolls.

the key is just to get as far right as possible. its hard because everybody wants to make the left on 27th. i take 826 to most games, but i almost always go down 199th st to 32nd ave to avoid 27th

another thing you can do is park near parking entrance 6 (the northernmost on 26th avenue) and youre closer to the Turnpike

After much trial and error, I discovered that entering/exiting through Gate 3 is the easiest, least congested way to get to the Turnpike.

In sell-out games, like Opening Day, there's always going to be more traffic than usual, so I usually tail-gate for about 30-45 minutes after the game to let traffic loosen up a bit. It's a lot better than spending that time stuck in a jam, wasting gas.

Hope that helps.

u must have not tried to get out of a Yankee stadium game, now thats some crazy traffic. we tried to leave an inning early and we still got stuck in traffic. Thank God my dad was born in NY and was very used to the traffic scene, I would never drive in that.

Dolphin Stadium isnt that bad at all, but when you do got series like these, that tends to happen :)

Bright side to it is : people are at the stadium, always good news!

After much trial and error, I discovered that entering/exiting through Gate 3 is the easiest, least congested way to get to the Turnpike.

In sell-out games, like Opening Day, there's always going to be more traffic than usual, so I usually tail-gate for about 30-45 minutes after the game to let traffic loosen up a bit. It's a lot better than spending that time stuck in a jam, wasting gas.

Hope that helps.

Great Map :thumbup

There are certain areas you can park in that are easy to get out from no matter how big the crowd is. I've never had a problem getting out of Marlins games. And Dolphins games I usually just park outside the main lot because we rarely get there early enough to choose our parking spot. It may be a fifteen minute walk, but you drive right out.

Hope that helps.

Awesome map, thanks for the help :thumbup

Makes you miss Cincy and the old Pete Rose Way, doesn't it?

It makes me miss downtown stadiums, where garages to park in are plentiful. I'd always park in the PNC garage or the garage below the Chiquita building. Walk 5 minutes each way, 71 home, no problem.

Granted more than one variable changed - with far fewer people and many less people staying for the whole game - the other lot worked great. It was easy out and much easier to get through the toll booths. Thanks for the help.

On a side note - I got Borchard, Messenger and Cabs to sign a ball for me. Woot.