How would you rank Miggy?

Those who said Miguel Cabrera is the best 3rd basemen in MLB are just fans and extremely nieve. He is very solid, but not a complete player. You can't compare miggy to the likes of David Wright or Even Scott Rolen, they are great hitters and A+ defensively. Miggy is a proven Clutch hitter and run producer with a high ceiling in the power department, but his glove is just above a C. Although I love miggy and I am glad he is a Marlins player, I can't be a fan, I must look at true talent. He is definately top three in the NL though!

P.S. You can't define a certain player as the best in HIS particular position just cause of his bat, his defense needs to be seen too, then determine who is really the best. Who do you get more from?

My ranks are: Rolen, Wright, and Miggy in the NL.

Top 3 in all of baseball, and in terms of "trade value" he's easily #1.

that I do agree, do to his potencial not being met yet, and him producing at such a large rate, considering his salary, Miguel Cabrera is easily number one in the trade market. He can really bring alot back in any given trade.

Those who said Miguel Cabrera is the best 3rd basemen in MLB are just fans and extremely nieve. He is very solid, but not a complete player. You can't compare miggy to the likes of David Wright or Even Scott Rolen, they are great hitters and A+ defensively. Miggy is a proven Clutch hitter and run producer with a high ceiling in the power department, but his glove is just above a C. Although I love miggy and I am glad he is a Marlins player, I can't be a fan, I must look at true talent. He is definately top three in the NL though!

P.S. You can't define a certain player as the best in HIS particular position just cause of his bat, his defense needs to be seen too, then determine who is really the best. Who do you get more from?

that I do agree, do to his potencial not being met yet, and him producing at such a large rate, considering his salary, Miguel Cabrera is easily number one in the trade market. He can really bring alot back in any given trade.

You have an argument with Wright (although I'll take Cabrera anyday).

You have got to be kidding me about Scott Rolen.

:plain

God damn it man.

Cabrera (in a down year or average year by his standards) has a higher, BA, SLG, OBP, OPS, equal HR total, higher RBI total, higher fielding percentage, fewer errors and more DP's turned than David Wright.

He just swept every single goddamn stat you can evaluate a third-baseman by and you suggest Wright's better? And this is with David Wright having a career year mind you, while Miggy's just being his normal self, and if anything, producing below where he should be as far as power numbers go.

Go sit in time out, seriously.

you have to admit when Rolen is healthy, no one hits it easily up the hot carner with him there, and he goes on streaks where he is an RBI machine in clutch situations.

I mean, for the love of God, Cabrera's #2 in the NL in OPS and he's got no lineup protection at all.

Screw it, he's the best in baseball, I'm sorry I ever said otherwise.

you have to admit when Rolen is healthy, no one hits it easily up the hot carner with him there, and he goes on streaks where he is an RBI machine in clutch situations.

So being the best defensive 3B makes it easy to overlook a player bettering him IN EVERY SINGLE OFFENSIVE CATEGORY?

Hell, the "RBI machine" Scott Rolen is almost 20 RBI's behind Miggy.

:banghead

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

I mean, for the love of God, Cabrera's #2 in the NL in OPS and he's got no lineup protection at all.

there we go again, judging him for his bat, we are not talking about best hitter, we are talking 3rd BASEMEN, is he really the best? If this was the case then hey he is the best Pitcher, Catcher, 1st basemen, 2nd basemen, 3rd basemen, Centerfielder, Left Fielder, Right fielder, put him anywhere his bat makes him the best at any given position then, drop the glove maybe he can take the bat with him everywhere to, they hit the ball to him he'll bat it back to first for an out, GET MY POINT?!? You can't compare Cabrera to the likes of Rolen or Wright, LOWELL, those are true 3rd basemen, but yes with the BAT, hardly anyone can touch MIggy, and YES his homerun count did come down this year do to the fact that they pitch around him cause he has zero protection in the lineup. Cabrera is a beast with the bat, but the glove he is average at best! He won't win a gold glove anytime soon!

there we go again, judging him for his bat, we are not talking about best hitter, we are talking 3rd BASEMEN, is he really the best? If this was the case then hey he is the best Pitcher, Catcher, 1st basemen, 2nd basemen, 3rd basemen, Centerfielder, Left Fielder, Right fielder, put him anywhere his bat makes him the best at any given position then, drop the glove maybe he can take the bat with him everywhere to, they hit the ball to him he'll bat it back to first for an out, GET MY POINT?!? You can't compare Cabrera to the likes of Rolen or Wright, LOWELL, those are true 3rd basemen, but yes with the BAT, hardly anyone can touch MIggy, and YES his homerun count did come down this year do to the fact that they pitch around him cause he has zero protection in the lineup. Cabrera is a beast with the bat, but the glove he is average at best! He won't win a gold glove anytime soon!

OH MY GOD DO YOU EVEN READ?

Cabrera (in a down year or average year by his standards) has a higher, BA, SLG, OBP, OPS, equal HR total, higher RBI total, higher fielding percentage, fewer errors and more DP's turned than David Wright.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

So being the best defensive 3B makes it easy to overlook a player bettering him IN EVERY SINGLE OFFENSIVE CATEGORY?

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

I'd take a player who can BOTH get me some outs and bring me some offense, over a guy that just hits, but yes I'd still take Cabrera over Rolen do to age, salary, and the fact that Cabrera is not that bad at his position, JUST NOT THE BEST.

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

I'd take a player who can BOTH get me some outs and bring me some offense, over a guy that just hits, but yes I'd still take Cabrera over Rolen do to age, salary, and the fact that Cabrera is not that bad at his position, JUST NOT THE BEST.

But you JUST FINISHED SAYING YOU WOULDN'T TAKE HIM OVER ROLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!