Player of the Month?

To be honest...I think that Ryan Howard deserves the MVP and Cabrera will finish in second BUT Im really hoping for him. I think he needs to start hitting for a little more power because thats where he falls behind the Howards and Pujols' of the league this season.

Howards going to hit 50+ HR with over 130 RBI thats just flat out disgusting.

To be honest...I think that Ryan Howard deserves the MVP and Cabrera will finish in second BUT Im really hoping for him. I think he needs to start hitting for a little more power because thats where he falls behind the Howards and Pujols' of the league this season.

Howards going to hit 50+ HR with over 130 RBI thats just flat out disgusting.

It entirely depends on whether or not either can make the playoffs.

And again, I can't stress enough how OPS is the best way to measure a power hitter's success. Cabrera is higher. than Howard.

When it comes to MVP, people like to look at homers and RBI. No doubt Howard is having a monster season, as is Beltran and Pujols (doesn't he always?). But put these guys in Cabs' position this yr, and I don't think they produce the way Miguel has. No one has meant more to his team this year than Cabrera. His numbers have been so consistent, particularly with RISP (.380). Hell, he's batting .389 w/ 2-out and RISP! And to do it all without protection in the lineup, is amazing. .340? Unreal.

Take Beltran out of the Mets' lineup, and they still have a winning team. What would happen if they took Cabs out of the Marlins' lineup? (Besides, Cabs is batting 55 points higher than Beltran).

If the Marlins make the playoffs, and Miggy continues his hot hitting, he has to be considered a strong MVP candidate. :thumbup